Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Quriouscat

Salary, Working hours, retirement???

Post by Quriouscat » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 2:44 pm

What is the average wage being a SIA flight attendant? what is the working hours like? How old can you keep this up?(u know u want to have a family with regular schedule someday)

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Psychometric Test

Post by aloyscious » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 5:13 pm

Hi there people,

Would like to know what is the Psychometric test like? ITs done on the same day...so how is it like? What about the management interview? Please help out...Cheers :wink:

QuriousCat

Salary?

Post by QuriousCat » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 2:47 am

is this right? if so $3,600 a month(if in Spore $ is kinda low) I can't imagine the $1,400 a month wage.......it's like only $700USD I was expecting atleast $1,000USD/$2,000 weekly wages

-------------------------------------------------
Remuneration and Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

What kind of income or benefits can you expect?

Monthly income : $1,200 - $1,400
Inclusive of basic salary and allowances, you can earn up to $3,600 per month.

-------------------------------------------------

justme

Re: Psychometric Test

Post by justme » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:59 pm

aloyscious wrote:Hi there people,

Would like to know what is the Psychometric test like? ITs done on the same day...so how is it like? What about the management interview? Please help out...Cheers :wink:
psychometric test is basically a quiz done on the computer, asking you questions where you have to evaluate your own character... just to find out what kind of person you are. nobody will be eliminated after this round.

management interview is on the last day. 2 people will interview you, one senior manager and one v.p. of cabin crew. ask you all sorts of questions about yourself, why you wanna be cabin crew, see how serious you are, etc... just be calm and don't panic.

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 1:49 am

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/woohoo123 ... 75&.src=ph

if all these girls in the photos can be SIA cabin crews, anyone can be! the girls in the photos aren't exactly beauties!

good luck!!!!

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 8:35 am

Anonymous wrote:http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/woohoo123 ... 75&.src=ph

if all these girls in the photos can be SIA cabin crews, anyone can be! the girls in the photos aren't exactly beauties!

good luck!!!!
OMG!!! Some looked horrible!!! That dun even have the x-factor... :o

aloyscious
Regular
Regular

Post by aloyscious » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:52 am

Thank you so much justme, Hmm..In KL, will they have computers for the exam? hmmm..perhaps a written one , i suppose...

By the way, about comments on those photos..No doubt some of them are just average looking gals but do always remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Furthermore, they might have some inner beauty too.

I believe that everyone should stand an equal chance to be one if they are really passionate about the job. Just believe in yourself no matter how you look like...Even if your pretty , beautiful or good looking...it wont last forever...Make use of what you have now...
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Idealist

Post by Idealist » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:15 am

I have to agree that they are average lookers. However, let's give credit to these girls - I'm sure it is not easy to get through the stringent interview process. They have been selected by SQ for their attributes displayed during the interview sessions (perhaps service oriented, bright and personable) and deemed to be able to value-add to the co. I suppose the cliche - "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" is aptly displayed here.

For all aspiring crews out there, I think there is no clear yardstick to as how to be selected for the position. As long as u are passionate about the job (sincerely that is), have the right attributes and continue to persevere (along with a little prayer), you are able to make it. So, chins up & best of luck!!!

???Wage??

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:44 pm

The question I still have is how much do SIA FA makes in a month?

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 1:12 pm

This qns has been asked and discussed many times.. Ard 3.5k including allowances... Can chk it out at sia website...

Leto

Post by Leto » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 1:55 pm

I have to admit that, yes, some of the girls in the website photos really "cannot make it". No offence, but just stating the facts, ha!

Though all are slim and quite tall, but some dont really have good complexion, and there is even one of the girls, who have crookled teeth!!!

1 or 2 even look rather old, like late 20s!

But anyway, who are we and who am I to comment...or criticise! They made it through to SIA!

So girls, u all know the rough standard of SIA Girls, dont worry about ur teeth, age, such things, go ahead to apply!

But i have to admit that there are very beautiful Stewardess in SIA too... that's of course, I mean, its SIA!

Violet

Post by Violet » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 2:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi LynneLai

Congrats on being a Singapore Girl. Nway, i hav lots of question to ask u. Hoped that u could add me to ur msn. Here's [email protected]. I really hoped to chat wit u soon. Thanks
yeah yeah...can u add me too coz i wan to know something...regarding the height problem.Look forward to your [email protected]

Violet

Re: SIA's interview in malaysia

Post by Violet » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 3:08 pm

jas wrote:Hi, anyone here got an invitation for 11th sept from SIA? Plz share here. Thx a million. :)
Is it must receive the invitation only can go?I wish to have a try also.
IF i send my resume now,will they consider about me too?
anyone can answer my question?
What is SIA HR contact number?? :roll: ...

ILovMeF

Post by ILovMeF » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 3:27 pm

good luck!!!!
THOSE are pretty bad.....beyond porkchop materials!!!.....More like Dried Beef, fried rice, human devil, etc...............and u know in all those pic there's only one decent looking chick in one pic.........and also the guy in the pic isn't good looking at all.......it one thing being smart, cheerful, + out going but there's something else alot more important is that the way you look. People are shallow they will hardly go beyond looks.....they might be nice people and all but they're ruining the image of that famous uniform for me ......... sorry for being so honest eventhough I have 1 friend who worked for SIA and one still working for them(BOTH alot ALOT prettier)

jas

Post by jas » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 3:52 pm

ILovMeF wrote:

good luck!!!!
THOSE are pretty bad.....beyond porkchop materials!!!.....More like Dried Beef, fried rice, human devil, etc...............and u know in all those pic there's only one decent looking chick in one pic.........and also the guy in the pic isn't good looking at all.......it one thing being smart, cheerful, + out going but there's something else alot more important is that the way you look. People are shallow they will hardly go beyond looks.....they might be nice people and all but they're ruining the image of that famous uniform for me ......... sorry for being so honest eventhough I have 1 friend who worked for SIA and one still working for them(BOTH alot ALOT prettier)
agree, most of them look so average... but then not all look bad, there are a few in the photos that look pretty, those not in the uniforms are quite good-looking...

so, these goes to show that SIA dun really goes for looks... dun worry abt ur looks, just go and apply for it!

cheers!