Singapore Expats

The Ashes

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Bubbs

Post by Bubbs » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 5:30 pm

Hey Saint and Sapphire

I've got EVERYTHING crossed here, and it's no joke as I was not born a natural contortionist.

Anyway, here in Wales it's a beautiful late summer morning, so let's hope that is so for the cricket too.

My hubby gave me the low down talk about cricket rules...(not the when you're out your in confusing silly one) but the real rules and truly I didn't realise it's such a complicated and interesting game.

Yeah, yeah, like everyone else, well most females that is, I used to think 'Cricket' and go into a catatonic fit and drift off in boredom, but not any more.

Please, please am I right? It would have to be something catastrophic for them not to win, am I on the correct track?

Anyway, still doing the 'Yes, yes, yes' bit here, which is difficult as I'm also cooking a roast chicken lunch and believe me there's not that much to get excited about with parsnips and cabbage etc....!!!!

Still, let's stand behind them!!

Bubbs.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 6:06 pm

Bubbs, your husband is a very lucky man to have a cricket loving wife who can cook!!

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 6:24 pm

Thanks Saint, didn't realise you were in Hants.

I love this wiggly bum avatar and have added it to my profile.

Everyone should know it's in no way like the original Welsh one, but we can dream.

At least I could get the colour of mine similar with the old St. Tropez tan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or gravy browning.

lololol........

Bubbs.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sun, 28 Aug 2005 7:29 pm

Anything can happen in the game of cricket. India won against Australia a couple of years back even after being forced into a follow on. Only time will tell. Glad to know that you appreciate the game Bubbs. :)
Btw, did that roast chicken turn out fine?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Post by Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 1:14 am

sapphire wrote:Anything can happen in the game of cricket. India won against Australia a couple of years back even after being forced into a follow on. Only time will tell. Glad to know that you appreciate the game Bubbs. :)
Btw, did that roast chicken turn out fine?
oh puhleez, dont even mention India.

they won it in India. which team did they defeat outside india in a full-fledged test series?

puhleez multi-culti wh*re

keep sucking your white british masters' cocks summore you like it as well dont ya? :D

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:09 am

"Guest" you are so so brave to hide behind your guest status to insult registered users to the extent you do in this forum, not only on this thread.

I actually feel sorry for you that you feel it right to stoop this low and I hope you can find professional help to cure your this digusting trolling problem of yours.

I hope the Mods will see your last posting and delete it as it should be

Bubbles
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Bubbles » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:18 am

What a stinking mouth and feeble brain you have 'guest.' Go suck your own you know what, if you have a big enough one that is....but I guess not....you people with body issues always are the ones who seem to be the most offensive to totally nice people..........that goes for if you're a woman too.......just bog off will you?

Sorry, got carried away a bit there. It annoys me so bloody much when Sapphire was just chatting normally then you get a troll like 'guest' flaming her down.

Come over here mate, I'll wash yer mouth out with soap........or worse.

Anyway, back to the Ashes......

YES.........YES.........YES..........YES...........OR NEARLY YES ANYWAY. But how nervewracking was it?

I just had to have a few glasses of wine, well......you know how it is?
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 2:58 pm

Guest, correct me if I'm wrong but The Ashes are being played in England right now. So, when was the last time England won outside of home? You confirmed my suspicion by your latest post that you have never actively played any sport. Your remarks are tasteless and prove your ignorance when it comes to cricket.

On a positive note, congratulations Saint. :D
Hope you celebrated the win appropriately. Bubbs, you were right, a win was inevitable, though on a sluggish note. :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:51 pm

My god how good was that! This series must be the best ever been.

Can we have a really boring draw in the final test please or I don't even mind if it rains for 5 days!

Had to celebrate with a beer or six, if only to calm my nerves!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:31 pm

Hehe, c'mon now, you can't be serious about a draw or rain for the next match! Regain the Ashes with a thumping 3-1 victory!! Go for a bourbon if its a nailbiter again. :lol:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 9:35 am

Ah, forgot their SA tour and success against a currently below average team. So, India is at no. 3 in the rankings, cleverly omitted that, didn't you?

You are more interested in calling me names instead of discussing cricket. Very childish. I'm done with you. Buh bye!