Singapore Expats

Jetstar asia

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

attire for interview

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:20 pm

Any idea what to wear for interview (formal/casual).

Will jean or demin skirt do?

Hopeful guy

Re: attire for interview

Post by Hopeful guy » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:28 am

Anonymous wrote:Any idea what to wear for interview (formal/casual).

Will jean or demin skirt do?
Hi Guest,

Jeans or denim shirt is a no no in interviews. Treat all interviews as important so wear something presentable. First impression last. Of course you dont have to wear a gown or jacket but at least something presentable. If you can project a cabin crew image thats better still. Thats what we did in other cabin crew interviews - wear something presentable.

Hopeful guy

Bond

Post by Hopeful guy » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:30 am

Anonymous wrote:The earlier batches has bond of 5k..which is crazy in my opinion. Even JAL only bond 3k
Hi,

What do you mean by bond 5k? Meaning we are Bonded 5 years or Bonded $5000??

shasha_sg76

Post by shasha_sg76 » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 8:17 am

hey ppl few things i wanna clarify :
1) Is his turnaround flights ?do we get to stay in the countries visited like SQ ?

2) Is very pants and presentable top enuf ?

3) Does anyone know of how the interview is gonna be conducted :

4) Any idea what to say if we are asked " Tell me about yourseld and why u want to be cabin crew" ?? is there any type of answers that they dont want to hear ?

Bubblegum

Post by Bubblegum » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 9:59 am

I guess its turnaround flights, similar to Valuair n Tiger Airways...or else the pay wun be tha low?
I should be wearing pants n a proper top...jacket if u're afraid of the aircon in the airport... :P
Hmm...actually im still thnking to go anot.....

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:59 am

Hi

I also got the invite to attend the inetview, but I can't go cos I can't take time off?

Do you all think it's worth to take MC to attend?

Anyone knows how the interview will be carried out?

Hopeful guy

interview

Post by Hopeful guy » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:28 pm

Hmm... dont really understand some of u... already got the opportunity to go for interview, now still cotemplating whether to go or not. I bet it would be different if its Emirates or SQ, rite?! Sounds like some of you are not serious on taking this job. Perhaps you all should not attend so that the others may have a bigger chance of being accepted.

Sorry, not trying to be sarcastic but very frustrated. Reminded me of a friend who complains of no interviews invitation but when get one, decided not to go because its far!...Why bother to apply in the first place? Then later regret and said that he should have attended the interview...shhheeesh....

GO LAH!!! Give it a try.. You have to start somewhere. Ok?? *blink blink*

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:34 pm

Hi hopeful guy

Thanks for your honest reply... After what you said, I am more decided to attend the interview...

I was comtemplating because of my age... :???:

Anyway, wish you all the best! Hope to see you in the skies...

shasha_sg76

Post by shasha_sg76 » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:10 pm

hey Bubblegum ....wat happen.... oh yeah,the post b4 mine..wats ur age ???

maybe i m older than u lol ...turnard fligths mean ??

Re: interview

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:40 pm

Hopeful guy wrote:Hmm... dont really understand some of u... already got the opportunity to go for interview, now still cotemplating whether to go or not. I bet it would be different if its Emirates or SQ, rite?! Sounds like some of you are not serious on taking this job. Perhaps you all should not attend so that the others may have a bigger chance of being accepted.

Sorry, not trying to be sarcastic but very frustrated. Reminded me of a friend who complains of no interviews invitation but when get one, decided not to go because its far!...Why bother to apply in the first place? Then later regret and said that he should have attended the interview...shhheeesh....

Hi Hopeful Guy

You're right! Got to try first. I am in my late 20s, first time going for interview, very surprised that I got the letter..

It may the first n last time I will try.. but one migh never know.. and it's a great eye opener. :? :( :) :lol: :D :oops: :wink:

Bubblegum

Post by Bubblegum » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:52 pm

shasha_sg76 wrote:hey Bubblegum ....wat happen.... oh yeah,the post b4 mine..wats ur age ???

Hi shasha_sg76,

I'm 29 leh, how abt u? Cant be older than me rite? :P
When's ur interview with Jetstar? Mine's on 29 Aug @ 145pm..
also will be getting MC if i were to go leh....

Wana meet up b4 going?

Bubblegum

Re: interview

Post by Bubblegum » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 1:54 pm

Hopeful guy wrote:Hmm... dont really understand some of u... already got the opportunity to go for interview, now still cotemplating whether to go or not. I bet it would be different if its Emirates or SQ, rite?! Sounds like some of you are not serious on taking this job. Perhaps you all should not attend so that the others may have a bigger chance of being accepted.

Hu Hopeful guy,

Yeah maybe u're right....maybe we should give it a try.....
who knows we may not get in... :roll:

u're shortlisted for the interview also?
btw whats ur qualification?

employer

pay so low

Post by employer » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 2:14 pm

hi, there is an immediate vacancy marketing exec,$2k+,mobile phone, in town,pls let yr friends know,contact 90117604

???

Re: pay so low

Post by ??? » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 2:22 pm

employer wrote:hi, there is an immediate vacancy marketing exec,$2k+,mobile phone, in town,pls let yr friends know,contact 90117604
Halo?? This is a forum for Jetstar rite?
How come u're talking abt this? :???:

Post by Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 5:25 pm

Hi shasha_sg76

I am 29 years old, was thinking I will be too old to compete with the younger gals who will be attending... anyway, with some words of advise from hopeful guy, I have decided to go...

shasha_sg76 wrote:hey Bubblegum ....wat happen.... oh yeah,the post b4 mine..wats ur age ???