Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
justme

Post by justme » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 2:30 pm

Bubblegum wrote:
justme wrote:
Bubblegum wrote: Hi Lynne,

wow so lucky u, to get into SQ! Btw, wats ur qualifications? From what i know, if u have a degree and above, they'll let u in no matter ur height. I guess u're not those too skinny type, thats y the kebaya looks great on u! :D

Can u tell us more abt the culture in SQ? The crew inside, are they really that zappy? And the monthly salary u get? Thanks! :lol:
Hi bubblegum,

Just like to clear something up.. it's not true that you will get in if you have a degree and above. I just graduated from NUS and I will start trg with SIA at the end of the month. However, most of the people who got in are diploma holders. On the contrary, I have found that if you have a degree, it's actually much harder to get in. Out of around 25 of us who got accepted in the end, only around 5 were degree holders! :) At every stage of the interview, the interviewers will keep asking you if you are serious in joining SIA since you have a degree. They have the notion that degree holders don't stay on for long and you have to be really insistent to convince them that you really want the job.
Hi justme,

wow congrats! excited abt ur taining? :)
Btw, how is the pay like? and the bond amount?
hi bubblegum,

thanks.. yeah am really excited!

basic pay during trg is $1,390 per mth. bond amt is $13,200. :(

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 3:41 pm

justme wrote:
Bubblegum wrote:
justme wrote: Hi bubblegum,

Just like to clear something up.. it's not true that you will get in if you have a degree and above. I just graduated from NUS and I will start trg with SIA at the end of the month. However, most of the people who got in are diploma holders. On the contrary, I have found that if you have a degree, it's actually much harder to get in. Out of around 25 of us who got accepted in the end, only around 5 were degree holders! :) At every stage of the interview, the interviewers will keep asking you if you are serious in joining SIA since you have a degree. They have the notion that degree holders don't stay on for long and you have to be really insistent to convince them that you really want the job.
Hi justme,

wow congrats! excited abt ur taining? :)
Btw, how is the pay like? and the bond amount?
hi bubblegum,

thanks.. yeah am really excited!

basic pay during trg is $1,390 per mth. bond amt is $13,200. :(
Omg.. u r a U grad and yur basic pay is so low..? izzit after cpf or b4? Do dey give the basic pay according to education level?

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 3:58 pm

Regaring the above post, i dun mean to be sarcastic but i am juz surprised that the pay for U grad is that little, coz from pervious pages, i tout U grad shd get slightly higher abt 1.8k...

No offence! 8)

idyllic

Post by idyllic » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 4:47 pm

i have gotten into final round in Silkair and the lady asked if i have tried SIA and asked y did i not... I am tempted to try now but apparently they r not opening up yet.
Any tips?
Thanks alot!

:)

RIAN RIAN

Re: Any Guys Out There Aspiring to be an SQ Cabin Crew as we

Post by RIAN RIAN » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 4:48 pm

stonekool wrote:Hey all,
was wondering if there were any guys like me aspiring to be an SQ Cabin Crew as well.
By the way, any guys out there as well? And could you offer some useful advice for the interviews.

Thanks a Million.

Cheers,
Stonekool

Hey Stonekool,

i am one of the guys who really aspiring to be a cabin crew but there isn't any chance for now since most of the time airlines need only stewardess wannabes. Remember that time emirates post their ads? I was so disappointed they need only ladies. As for SIA, there isn't any new job postings... So we GUYS just have to wait and wait and wait...

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 4:51 pm

idyllic wrote:i have gotten into final round in Silkair and the lady asked if i have tried SIA and asked y did i not... I am tempted to try now but apparently they r not opening up yet.
Any tips?
Thanks alot!

Congrats idyllic!!

So wat answer did u gave her? Whens the final interview, and how will it be like?

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 5:05 pm

raindrops wrote:
idyllic wrote:i have gotten into final round in Silkair and the lady asked if i have tried SIA and asked y did i not... I am tempted to try now but apparently they r not opening up yet.
Any tips?
Thanks alot!

Congrats idyllic!!

So wat answer did u gave her? Whens the final interview, and how will it be like?
i told her i prefer regional flights (turnaround flights) and she accepted it. genuine reason but i think I wld wanna try SIA now.
But i dunno if i can send in my application.
My next round is some tea party with management.
Have passed uniform, grp interview and water confidence already.
=)

raindrops

Post by raindrops » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 5:22 pm

Anonymous wrote:
raindrops wrote:
Any tips?
Thanks alot!

Congrats idyllic!!

i told her i prefer regional flights (turnaround flights) and she accepted it. genuine reason but i think I wld want to try SIA now.
But i don't know if i can send in my application.
My next round is some tea party with management.
Have passed uniform, grp interview and water confidence already.
=)
Hey...u really prefer regional flights? But that'll mean u can travel to countries u know... do u have a msn account? Can i add u, so we can chat abt this? :)

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 6:13 pm

anyone have any idea when SIA is going to recruit local stewardesses?

becky

Post by becky » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 6:47 pm

jas wrote:Hi becky and Tan HC,

My time slot is at 10:10 in the morning, what do you think they will ask? Want to chat in msn?

Regards,
jas
Hey Jas, my time slot is at 8:50am . Very early hehe. I still have no idea how to reach the venue. Wot do I think they will ask? Hmmm....I seriously have no idea though. I think it's important to know more bout the company and the rest, I guess just be urself, feel comfortable and calm down hehe....maybe they will ask something bout customer service? or why you wanna work for he compny and stuff? I think so....

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 8:28 pm

Hi LynneLai

Congrats on being a Spore Girl. Nway, i hav lots of question to ask u. Hoped that u could add me to ur msn. Here's [email protected]. I really hoped to chat wit u soon. Thanks

stonekool

Male Cabin Crew

Post by stonekool » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 9:02 pm

Hi Rian Rian,
hey dun despair about the Emirates one. Its their loss.
Well, just off the record, people like us with the passion will definitely get in because of our perseverance and passion for the job.

Anyways, what I know from internal gossips is that SQ is indeed looking for guys as they are really short of GS (Galley Stewards).
The guys inside are already maxed in their flight rosters and are mostly doing the long haul flights. Getting about 5K each mth.

Dun worry mate, next interview should be up soon. Especially if they need more crew with the new A380 though its delivery is delayed till 2007.

As for me, my dreams ae kind of hampered now as my missus does not want me to fly. Sigh.......

But I think I will try the next oe that comes up. All we can do is to keep waiting.

Cheers,
Stonekool

Belle07

Post by Belle07 » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 9:47 pm

Hi Stonekool..

I must agree wit u when u state tat people with passion will definitely get in becoz of perseverance and passion for the job. Nicely put it..I believe so too. Tats y i nvr give up on the hope to become a SQ FA even though i undergo failures since 1999. U go dude...

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:36 pm

Anyone has any idea what attire is suitable when going for an interview?

M

Post by M » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:Anyone has any idea what attire is suitable when going for an interview?
Singlet and short!! :shock: