Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
justme

Post by justme » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 4:25 pm

Bubblegum wrote: Hi Lynne,

wow so lucky u, to get into SQ! Btw, wats ur qualifications? From what i know, if u have a degree and above, they'll let u in no matter ur height. I guess u're not those too skinny type, thats y the kebaya looks great on u! :D

Can u tell us more abt the culture in SQ? The crew inside, are they really that zappy? And the monthly salary u get? Thanks! :lol:
Hi bubblegum,

Just like to clear something up.. it's not true that you will get in if you have a degree and above. I just graduated from NUS and I will start trg with SIA at the end of the month. However, most of the people who got in are diploma holders. On the contrary, I have found that if you have a degree, it's actually much harder to get in. Out of around 25 of us who got accepted in the end, only around 5 were degree holders! :) At every stage of the interview, the interviewers will keep asking you if you are serious in joining SIA since you have a degree. They have the notion that degree holders don't stay on for long and you have to be really insistent to convince them that you really want the job.

just me

Post by just me » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 4:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:hi, found this info from another SIA forum and seems like the next batch of trainee stewardess will start like in dec. so i suppose SIA isn't going to recruit anymore cabin crew till next. guess the SIA interview in KL on 11th sept is the last of this year..

maybe can try other airlines for the moment...

Start sometime before xmas?? That's like in another 4 - 5 mths!! For those who are unemployed, wonder what they're gonna do for this long period of time.

yalor.. the lady told the gals who are unemployed to get a part time job first.
I dun think they are really in need of stewardess right now. :)
next batch of SIA trainees will start on 30 aug. there'll be another one or two more in october to fit in those who got selected from the recent july interviews.

don't think SIA needs any more cabin crew at the moment, but probably at the end of the year?

yNn

Post by yNn » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 9:29 pm

hi JustMe

Congrats to ya on ur way to be an air stewardess, by the way when was ur interview?

justea

Post by justea » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 9:58 pm

anyone pls..
I saw that MAS is hiring. they mentioned that i need to write an application letter.
what exactly is a application letter? anyone has the format?
is it the same as a cover letter?

pls help.

thanks!

Paige

Post by Paige » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:36 am

justea wrote:anyone pls..
I saw that MAS is hiring. they mentioned that i need to write an application letter.
what exactly is a application letter? anyone has the format?
is it the same as a cover letter?

pls help.

thanks!
Hi Justea,

I just went to the MAS website.. I think they are only recruiting malaysians and not singaporeans rite?

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

yIng

Post by yIng » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 2:12 am

just me wrote:
Anonymous wrote:hi, found this info from another SIA forum and seems like the next batch of trainee stewardess will start like in dec. so i suppose SIA isn't going to recruit anymore cabin crew till next. guess the SIA interview in KL on 11th sept is the last of this year..

maybe can try other airlines for the moment...

Start sometime before xmas?? That's like in another 4 - 5 mths!! For those who are unemployed, wonder what they're gonna do for this long period of time.

yalor.. the lady told the gals who are unemployed to get a part time job first.
I dun think they are really in need of stewardess right now. :)
next batch of SIA trainees will start on 30 aug. there'll be another one or two more in october to fit in those who got selected from the recent july interviews.

don't think SIA needs any more cabin crew at the moment, but probably at the end of the year?
hi just me,

so does that mean SIA won't recruit any new cabin crew until next year?

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 6:48 am

bubbly_an wrote:Hi all,

Can anyone tell me when is the next walk-in interview for SIA Stewardess??? This is my 1st attempt, so i'm kind of unfamiliar about the whole process. Thanks.
read thru this thread from PAGE 1 TO THE END.. and check SIA's website.. dun wait for ppl to spoonfeed u!! geez..

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 6:51 am

im not too sure which thread do I post this to..the silkair one or thiz one.. anyway, I'll like to find out.. HAS ANYONE EVER TRANSFER SUCCESSFULLY FROM SILKAIR TO SQ? IF SO, HOW IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE? i hope somebody can help me here..

Thanks very much.

Post by Guest » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 9:20 am

Anonymous wrote:im not too sure which thread do I post this to..the silkair one or thiz one.. anyway, I'll like to find out.. HAS ANYONE EVER TRANSFER SUCCESSFULLY FROM SILKAIR TO SQ? IF SO, HOW IS THE PROCEDURE LIKE? i hope somebody can help me here..

Thanks very much.
there r ppl from silkair who successfully transfer to SIA..but u'll have to 1st complete silkair contract of 1.5yrs before u can transfer..but i heard u have to be in silkair for at least 3 yrs with gd performance & testimonials..SIA management will also go thru ur overall before they select u for a transfer..

LynneLai

Post by LynneLai » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 9:56 am

Hi all Good Morning! Sorry for the late reply from me, am just back in Singapore last night... :P

Erm... the culture in SIA as u asked... I should say that, there is no particular culture within the Stewardess and Steward in SIA.... It's actually more on how u present yourself to the others and how sociable you are to make friends, how helpful you are to help, how willing are you to learn, how hardworking are you to work, and your attitute to work in a team...and with your buddy.... Whether you survive or not in this kind of environment, erm... I feel that, partly it's luck, as in which senior you are attached to follow and learn from, which buddy and team you are assigned to fly with, and partly, is whether you have the right attitude annot... that's what i feel after 6 months in SIA... :)

And btw, I am a Diploma student, I do not have a degree. But intending to study part-time maybe after another 6 months in SIA, after I am used to my flying schedule.

But one thing I have to add is.... I make many good fun and nice friends in SIA, during training and when flying.... And it's really fun to travel to so many places and to serve people, because i feel that the passengers really looked upon you as the Singapore Girl to serve them.... Maybe I havent met with the bad things in my job yet... But I have to say, I love my job...and though its not for a lifetime, its a good experience in my life... and in future when I stop flying, this symbol "ex-SQ Girl" will still follow me to the end of my life! Hee..... Yes, I am kind of interested in the "Glam" thing, but who doesnt out there, right Girls....

Go for it! And wish you all the Best of Luck!

It's fun in SIA.... Singapore Airlines!

Singapore Girls, you're a Great Way to Fly!

Paige

Post by Paige » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:54 am

LynneLai wrote:Hi all Good Morning! Sorry for the late reply from me, am just back in Singapore last night... :P

Erm... the culture in SIA as u asked... I should say that, there is no particular culture within the Stewardess and Steward in SIA.... It's actually more on how u present yourself to the others and how sociable you are to make friends, how helpful you are to help, how willing are you to learn, how hardworking are you to work, and your attitute to work in a team...and with your buddy.... Whether you survive or not in this kind of environment, erm... I feel that, partly it's luck, as in which senior you are attached to follow and learn from, which buddy and team you are assigned to fly with, and partly, is whether you have the right attitude annot... that's what i feel after 6 months in SIA... :)

And btw, I am a Diploma student, I do not have a degree. But intending to study part-time maybe after another 6 months in SIA, after I am used to my flying schedule.

But one thing I have to add is.... I make many good fun and nice friends in SIA, during training and when flying.... And it's really fun to travel to so many places and to serve people, because i feel that the passengers really looked upon you as the Singapore Girl to serve them.... Maybe I havent met with the bad things in my job yet... But I have to say, I love my job...and though its not for a lifetime, its a good experience in my life... and in future when I stop flying, this symbol "ex-SQ Girl" will still follow me to the end of my life! Hee..... Yes, I am kind of interested in the "Glam" thing, but who doesnt out there, right Girls....

Go for it! And wish you all the Best of Luck!

It's fun in SIA.... Singapore Airlines!

Singapore Girls, you're a Great Way to Fly!
Hi Lynne,
welcome back to spore... keke... can you add me in ur msn? there are some qns i wana ask u regarding the height issue? Becoz you are really lucky.. coz you are the 1st gal i noe who gt in @ height 156cm.. anyway, so u have friendster?
Please add me in ur msn... @ [email protected]..
I'm more to those fleshly type... dunoe will sq take me in anot... :(
Hope to hear from u soon..
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

stonekool

Any Guys Out There Aspiring to be an SQ Cabin Crew as well?

Post by stonekool » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 1:17 pm

Hey all,
was wondering if there were any guys like me aspiring to be an SQ Cabin Crew as well.
By the way, any guys out there as well? And could you offer some useful advice for the interviews.

Thanks a Million.

Cheers,
Stonekool

Tan HC

Post by Tan HC » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 1:56 pm

jas wrote:Hi becky and Tan HC,

My time slot is at 10:10 in the morning, what do you think they will ask? Want to chat in msn?

Regards,
jas
hey jas n becky,

pleased to meet u here. [email protected] is my mail. you may add my add to yr msn anytime. thnks.

Bubblegum

Post by Bubblegum » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 2:15 pm

justme wrote:
Bubblegum wrote: Hi Lynne,

wow so lucky u, to get into SQ! Btw, wats ur qualifications? From what i know, if u have a degree and above, they'll let u in no matter ur height. I guess u're not those too skinny type, thats y the kebaya looks great on u! :D

Can u tell us more abt the culture in SQ? The crew inside, are they really that zappy? And the monthly salary u get? Thanks! :lol:
Hi bubblegum,

Just like to clear something up.. it's not true that you will get in if you have a degree and above. I just graduated from NUS and I will start trg with SIA at the end of the month. However, most of the people who got in are diploma holders. On the contrary, I have found that if you have a degree, it's actually much harder to get in. Out of around 25 of us who got accepted in the end, only around 5 were degree holders! :) At every stage of the interview, the interviewers will keep asking you if you are serious in joining SIA since you have a degree. They have the notion that degree holders don't stay on for long and you have to be really insistent to convince them that you really want the job.
Hi justme,

wow congrats! excited abt ur taining? :)
Btw, how is the pay like? and the bond amount?

justme

Post by justme » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 2:27 pm

yNn wrote:hi JustMe

Congrats to ya on ur way to be an air stewardess, by the way when was ur interview?
mine was in early may