Singapore Expats

Hair Salon in Holland Village

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Post by Guest » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:06 am

Hi all,

I've tried the 'yummy' hairstylist the other day. He's good! He listens to what you want, and gives you his best advice!! I've been to many so-called recommemded 'hairstylists', and they all have been really disappointing.
Ivan, you're truely 'The ONE'.

Thank you.

"Truely ONE and Only Yummyly GOOD!....haha

:o) :wink:

Guest22

Post by Guest22 » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:08 am

the way u describe him like he's not a stylist but food 2u. there r tens of gd stylists in holland v & this ivan is pretty new in holland v scene. no wonder he needs a lot of ad exposure fm u teeny or weeny gals or boys. i wonder if he's really that gd or it's just u people trying 2give him moral support.

gd & pro stylist would hve make rich like david gan of passion. he need no introduction nor space here 2say who he is. david gan is really THE ONE for singapore pride. who's ivan?

tannlines

Post by tannlines » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 9:26 am

Obviously someone here is sore about this Ivan guy, rather than their own celebrity stylist, David Gun. Ivan's just a recommendation darling. CHILL OUT!

messy hair

Hi everyone there

Post by messy hair » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 2:17 pm

i'm foreigner who just came to Singapore.I need ur help to recommend me a good hair salon.Honestly,i didnt dare to try any hair salon as because i'm afraid the result will turn horrible or make look foolish.Currently,im not so satisfy with my hair cut so plz help me,ok!!thank you..

Post by ... » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 2:23 pm

where are you from? What sort of styles do you like.

Post by Guest » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 8:17 pm

Jane simon,

Hard ball is good!... somthing that is the truth..
When i go for hair cuts, i'll ask for advice.
I can take responses like 'nah thats not right', or 'might look abit gay'... thats what i want. I dont want to be always right everytime your out there getting a service.
I dont have time to waste and i think bugis soh hair gives me what i want.
Also the ambience there is great. :lol:

we on the same level yeah jane? or were you talking different... hahaha

Pissed

Post by Pissed » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:01 pm

Messy hair,

Are you blind, dumb or WHAT?? Read the previous posts!!

Check the history....
8)

ponderous

Post by ponderous » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 7:12 pm

Yummy? PLEASE! Yucky u mean. Obviously u gals havent had enuf exposure to real good looking asian men...Nope, not good enough. If u are satisfied with mediocre, go to him. Try Casey @ Palai Renaissance.

stars & stripes

Post by stars & stripes » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 8:04 pm

LOL! Ya man, I've seen this Ivan fella. He didnt cut my hair but I heard him talk. Full of @#*%. Looks wise, let's just say he seems to be hiding a bald spot in that messy do of his... cant trust a guy inflicted with hair problems dude. Joanna's better. :wink:

Femme Fatale UK

Post by Femme Fatale UK » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:55 am

I go to Toni&Guy and I've tried Joanna.She's not as good as my own stylist in the UK,but i still go to her.She talks too much,more than she cuts.Coz she entertains me,and she's white.I've not tried Ivan yet.But have friends who do,who loves the way he does their hair.In my opinion towards hairdressers,they've all very different styles of cutting hair.Some might like it,some might not.Different people have diff. tastes.We're here from another side of the world,and to be able to find somebody who can cut our hair is a blessing.It aint nice to slag somebody off.Jelous or envious of the attention.May this guy is talented to others,not you.Not me,Joe is my stylist.

tutu

Post by tutu » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:25 pm

i dont trust people with my hair.Actually most of the salons I have gone to either mess my hair up ,dont listen to what I want or give me a hairstyle tht suits chinese face cuts.
After reading the thread here, I went to Ivan ,and I must say, he did a good job for me. I simply told him tht I am leaving my hair in your hands ,so give me a cut that will suit my face type.

Voila!! I was happy...

Lyra

Post by Lyra » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:59 pm

Does looks matter more than skill?

Joanna's really shit at hair, really talks more than she cuts... No style, no life to her hair cuts. Go to Le Salon, Takashimaya. Skill plus looks!

p.s thanks Joanna, I had to grow my hair for 6 months to make it look right after you cut it. Will never come back again.

:x

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 9:12 pm

Ever wondered if the person "recommended" is posting his own compliments? i dont trust this site anymore.

shaggy

Post by shaggy » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 9:54 pm

HV Toni & Guy stylists are generally all bad. They look the part but fall short of expectation. Service is also wanting in Sg salons. I gave up on them. Mayb I'll have to take a flight back just for a haircut. :(

Post by Guest » Tue, 30 Aug 2005 5:23 pm

Lyra wrote:Does looks matter more than skill?

Joanna's really shit at hair, really talks more than she cuts... No style, no life to her hair cuts. Go to Le Salon, Takashimaya. Skill plus looks!

p.s thanks Joanna, I had to grow my hair for 6 months to make it look right after you cut it. Will never come back again.

:x

Hi there, joanna has cut my hair for the past year. She has always listened to me and wot i wanted. If you didnt like your hair you should of gone back and told her that you wasnt happy. Wot you should not do is slag her off over the internet. I am always happy with my hair and can not get an appointment with her these days. SO SHE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.