Singapore Expats

Squash, Sat Afternoon, East Coast, All Level Players

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Squash, Sat Afternoon, East Coast, All Level Players

Post by MusicFever » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:18 am

I am a squash lover but at beginner level. Luckily I found a coach who plays squash regularly and doesn't mind to teach for free. We are both interested to get to know more squash players, especially those who live near east coast, and hopefully form a group to play regularly.

Date: 20th Aug (Sat)
Time: 3:00pm ~ 5:00pm

I will book the court according to your response. Are you sporty and energetic? Join us then!! 8) [/u]

TwinkleLittleStar

Post by TwinkleLittleStar » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:21 am

i want to join... i think it wont be far from my place (hmm, you know my place right? is it far from there??)...hehehe...but if i cant make it every sat , would it be okay? as i use to get a hangover after friday night :oops: :lol:

but then, i would be a really really really really beginner, as I never touch the racket, eventhough i find out now that I have one :oops:

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Squash

Post by MusicFever » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:15 pm

TLS, long time havent seen you! Yup, the location is not far from your place, count you in!
For all beginners, don't worry abt your skill. Someday we will become experts too as long as we practice often. You just need passion and energy and listen to class only!
For those who have no racket, we can always share while we dont play at the same mins.
Cheers!

CNA
Regular
Regular

Post by CNA » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:35 pm

TwinkleLittleStar wrote:i want to join... i think it wont be far from my place (hmm, you know my place right? is it far from there??)...hehehe...but if i cant make it every sat , would it be okay? as i use to get a hangover after friday night :oops: :lol:

but then, i would be a really really really really beginner, as I never touch the racket, eventhough i find out now that I have one :oops:
Sorry to hijack the thread, MusicFever, but just wanted to point a little tip to TwinkleLittleStar...

Prior to hitting the mattress after a heavy night out, drink massive amounts of water and you'll wake up feeling much better next morn...

Better still, if you can, drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink you consume during the night.
Random Walk

Ming_Dynasty

Thank you musicfever

Post by Ming_Dynasty » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:17 am

Thanks for the squash game last night. Had a good game with those I played with especially one which had me gasping for air. Hope we'll spar again sometime soon. For those still keen to sweat it out and have fun, pls do contact musicfever for details. For beginners, not to worry, we are all still learning. With or without game experience or rackets, no worries, feel free to join us (btw I have 2 spare rackets). See you soon.
Regards
Mad Chinaman

CNA
Regular
Regular

Re: Thank you musicfever

Post by CNA » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:46 am

Ming_Dynasty wrote:Thanks for the squash game last night. Had a good game with those I played with especially one which had me gasping for air. Hope we'll spar again sometime soon. For those still keen to sweat it out and have fun, pls do contact musicfever for details. For beginners, not to worry, we are all still learning. With or without game experience or rackets, no worries, feel free to join us (btw I have 2 spare rackets). See you soon.
last night? i thought it was on saturday.....

if it is on tuesday night every week, i would like to join...
musicfever, i've pmed u
8)
Random Walk

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Post by seraphim » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:41 pm

Ah, Ming! Thanks for joining us last night! Good thing I didn't have to play against you or I would have had my butt whipped yet again! :?

MusicFever! You did it! Yaay! I hope this takes off on Saturdays....then maybe on the weekends that I'm not recovering from a hangover I can join you! :D
And the sultans - yeah the sultans
they play creole...Creole, baby

krf

Thanks for the game

Post by krf » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 8:11 pm

Ming.... yes, enjoyed the game very much too. You ran me raggard. Looking forward to our next game. I will try to join on Saturday afternoon. Need to hit the gym tonight first to improve my endurance :)

MusicFever
Chatter
Chatter

Squash

Post by MusicFever » Wed, 17 Aug 2005 9:09 pm

Seraphim, krf....if you guys join, I can only be more excited! No conflict here, I will continue to join Tuesday squash meets too. Do need more practices and catch up with you guys soon.
Ming, haven't got time to play squash with you but your skill was really impressive to me. Looking foreward to learning from you!!
Cheers!