Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pinkpluspinky

Post by pinkpluspinky » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 1:07 pm

Paige wrote:
Toori wrote:Hi Hopeless,

I'm also hesitating to go anot.. If going, i'm be heading there during lunch time. Drop me a mail at [email protected] if u're going.

Cheers :)
Hopeless wrote: Hmm..i'm still thinking whether to go or not........
Hi Toori,

Hopeless is in my friendster.. Mayb u can drop me a message in friendster?

Toori/Hopeless,
I really wana give it a try? at least get some experience, but I'm worried that what IF i got thru the 1st round? then the future rounds I cant make it? As I'm goin to start my new job soon? Any suggestions?

Cheers! :wink:
hi paige/toori/hopeless,
can i add you guys at friendster too? :wink:

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Sun, 14 Aug 2005 5:28 pm

pinkpluspinky wrote:
Paige wrote:
Toori wrote:Hi Hopeless,

I'm also hesitating to go anot.. If going, i'm be heading there during lunch time. Drop me a mail at [email protected] if u're going.

Cheers :)
Hi Toori,

Hopeless is in my friendster.. Mayb u can drop me a message in friendster?

Toori/Hopeless,
I really wana give it a try? at least get some experience, but I'm worried that what IF i got thru the 1st round? then the future rounds I cant make it? As I'm goin to start my new job soon? Any suggestions?

Cheers! :wink:
hi paige/toori/hopeless,
can i add you guys at friendster too? :wink:
Hi pinkpluspinky,

sure no prob! u have our friendster account? :)

rapanzel

Interested in becoming a air stewardess too!

Post by rapanzel » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 2:05 am

Hi all!

I happened to find this forum and I have the same interest as u gals.. I'm currently looking for informations about being an air-stewardess too. Do drop me an email, [email protected] or add me in msn. I would really like to know u girls and we can chat about this career. Cya!.. ;p

Fawannabe wrote:Eliza,

Hey!! Thanks for your encouragement!! I didnt know theres actly a cap on the age since the website didnt indicate.. Did u write in for the recent recuitment exercise? :) ive heard tt bit abt kim ng b4 tho.. she not being tall n stuff.. in fact. sm1 told me she tried a lot of times b4 she got in..

Hopeless:

See wat i told u?? There are ppl ages 26 - 29 who got in.. So chin up dear!! my frn's cousin got in last year.. n shes 27 then!! Tho im not really sure how the HR shorlist applicants.. if age is not a factor..and cover letter not an issue.. height's not the determinent either, den wat is?? Wat is tt thing tt we lack??

Karen,

At least u got selected once!! Better than me!! None at all.. and ive sent in 3 times already.. hahaha.. No worries my dear, try try try n keep trying..

Hey, do u gals have msn msgr? Will really like to make friends with all of u.. :lol: i

Paige

SQ webpage

Post by Paige » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 2:17 am

Hey Gals!
SQ had changed their webpage! Look very nice too.. in case you wana keep urself updated on their recruitment, you can juz go to the bottom of their webpage, and click company information ==> careers.. Well, currently they are not recruiting any cabin crew.. well lets juz be patient k? ;) the webpage look so class man!
Cheers!
Paige :wink:

rapanzel

Hi!

Post by rapanzel » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 2:23 am

Hi there!
I'm thinking of the same thing as u.. well..add me in msn and we shall let each other know about the date if happens tat either of us found out? [email protected]

[quote="Anonymous"]Anione had idea when will they be recruiting Singapore air stewardess again?[/quote]

Hopeless

Re: Hi!

Post by Hopeless » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:12 am

rapanzel wrote:Hi there!
I'm thinking of the same thing as u.. well..add me in msn and we shall let each other know about the date if happens tat either of us found out? [email protected]
Anonymous wrote:Anione had idea when will they be recruiting Singapore air stewardess again?
Hi rapanzel,

i've added u in my msn.... :)

Paige

Re: Hi!

Post by Paige » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:33 pm

Hopeless wrote:
rapanzel wrote:Hi there!
Anonymous wrote:Anione had idea when will they be recruiting Singapore air stewardess again?
Hi rapanzel,

i've added u in my msn.... :)
Hi rapanzel,
Me too. I had also added u in my msn... :)

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:47 am

Just a little something for all you 'wannabes' take your time reading the article and think about what is involved with best wishes to you all.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/gsingapo ... /flash.htm

FAwannabe

EK Interview

Post by FAwannabe » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:06 pm

reena wrote:haiyah..i know its over..go for the next session...anyway sass atlantic said they are coming to jb in pan pacific hotel sometime in september...i called them today..if they said apply 6mths later..can i just try again..cause i went for the august one...and when i called sass people...they said just try for jb???anyone knows if they will really check??should i just wait...
Really!! Im trying with my friend.. We're Singaporeans.. and we didnt make it to the finals.. but will like to try EK again.. dun wanna wait till 6mths.. kekeke.. let me know when the interview is.. we'll like evry much to go with you Reena, keep us informed.. :)

tinkerbelle

Re: sia interview

Post by tinkerbelle » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:
lollypop wrote:Pinkypluspinky,

Lucky you! You should feel fortunate enough to have make it to the second round, i didn't even make it through the first round of self intoduction. I was so nervous that i can't even speak properly. Haizz...

FYI i went to the interview on 30th july in the morning. How about you? Who knows i might be in the same team as you do? :)

Are you going to try out the interview for Silkair? Im also contemplating whether to go and try. Want to exchange emails? Maybe we can discuss about our plans for the interviews.
hi! dun despair because actually i didnt speak well on that day too. jus that i think i made alot of eye contact with the panel, and fellow interviewees. or mayb its jus pure luck. btw my iterview was at 10 am.

i'm not sure whether i should go for the coming silkair, because i really want to join SIA. for the experience i dun mind, but i find its a bit unfair if i jus go with no intention of joining silkair, it might juz rob other candidates of the chance.
whoa!! u're one hell of a confident pax arent u.. "rob others of a chance".. so sure u'll get the job eh?! well.. if u want my opinion.. i say u better dun go.. cos ppl like u cant take "no" for an answer.. all come out broken, crushed, disappointed and hopeless.. oops.. im being mean..sorri, cant help it.. but i really do dislike ppl who dun know how to be humble..

sSsHaRoNn

When is the nxt recruitment for SIA cabin crew?Anyone nOe?=)

Post by sSsHaRoNn » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:35 pm

Sux nOe wat i juSt graduate fRm Singapore Poly. The cabin crew group has actually went to our school to give talks b4 i graduate and i send in my application from there. Then they actually email me back to go for the 1st interview but my Japan trip crush with the interview date see how unlucky i'm therefore i didn't went. And when i came back frm Japan i email back to them to ask whether i can can for interview on the nxt round but they nv reply sO i juSt dun care lol! But now i'm currently working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation doing airplane entertainment system and i saw alot of my frens who is not reli pretty get into JAL and SIA alamak make me feel so wasted lolz!! Therefore i wish to go for aninterview again but i dunno if they r recruiting currently... Anybody can help??=) I will appreciate it!=p

Post by Guest » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:44 pm

Hi Sharon!
i guess u juz haf to wait... i am also waiting for the next recruitment... meanwhile, improve on yur cover letter, communication skills and do yur research on the company.. Will definitely increase yur chances of getting in!
Check this forum daily... many updates!
cheers!

Re: When is the nxt recruitment for SIA cabin crew?Anyone kn

Post by Guest » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 3:21 pm

sSsHaRoNn wrote:Sux know wat i juSt graduate fRm Singapore Poly. The cabin crew group has actually went to our school to give talks b4 i graduate and i send in my application from there. Then they actually email me back to go for the 1st interview but my Japan trip crush with the interview date see how unlucky i'm therefore i didn't went. And when i came back frm Japan i email back to them to ask whether i can can for interview on the nxt round but they nv reply sO i juSt dun care lol! But now i'm currently working at Panasonic Avionics Corporation doing airplane entertainment system and i saw alot of my frens who is not reli pretty get into JAL and SIA alamak make me feel so wasted lolz!! Therefore i wish to go for aninterview again but i don't know if they r recruiting currently... Anybody can help??=) I will appreciate it!=p
if u just read from previous posts...u will find beauty is not really a factor in SIA...... but glad that u have the confidence in yrself.... :D

Post by Guest » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 6:04 pm

Anyone went for the management interview & tea recep for SIA recruitment today? Share with us how it went?

Re: sia interview

Post by Guest » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 8:21 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
lollypop wrote:Pinkypluspinky,

Lucky you! You should feel fortunate enough to have make it to the second round, i didn't even make it through the first round of self intoduction. I was so nervous that i can't even speak properly. Haizz...

FYI i went to the interview on 30th july in the morning. How about you? Who knows i might be in the same team as you do? :)

Are you going to try out the interview for Silkair? Im also contemplating whether to go and try. Want to exchange emails? Maybe we can discuss about our plans for the interviews.
hi! dun despair because actually i didnt speak well on that day too. jus that i think i made alot of eye contact with the panel, and fellow interviewees. or mayb its jus pure luck. btw my iterview was at 10 am.

i'm not sure whether i should go for the coming silkair, because i really want to join SIA. for the experience i dun mind, but i find its a bit unfair if i jus go with no intention of joining silkair, it might juz rob other candidates of the chance.
whoa!! u're one hell of a confident pax arent u.. "rob others of a chance".. so sure u'll get the job eh?! well.. if u want my opinion.. i say u better dun go.. because ppl like u cant take "no" for an answer.. all come out broken, crushed, disappointed and hopeless.. oops.. im being mean..sorri, cant help it.. but i really do dislike ppl who dun know how to be humble..
I dun think he/she is being over confident or arrogant. Its actually so true. If you are not keen in getting the position then should just give others a chance. With one less interviewee there will be one more chance of getting selected.