Singapore Expats

Malaysia - corrupt scumbag Najib out and Mahathir (92 yo) is in!

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Malaysia - corrupt scumbag Najib out and Mahathir (92 yo) is in!

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Oct 2018 9:08 am

earthfriendly wrote:Do you think he has the ability to exercise free will under CCP's captivity? Wondering if he will appear on the radar later with a scripted apology :-k .

http://thefederalist.com/2018/10/08/chi ... y-kicking/
I am afraid of the real message in this article and that is the last part pertaining to the media circus/assassination that just transpired in the US. It's no secret that the CCP is still the CCP regardless of the external trapping it tries to project to the world. We are not far away if the other party regains power.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Thu, 11 Oct 2018 2:03 am

First of all, what I am going to say is only meant for sharing. Sharing of ideas and opinions and i am also open to what others have to say. Either from the left or the right. I don't want to play God and I am not trying to tell people how to live and think.

This identity politics is driving and dividing the country into pockets of tribalism at an unprecedented rate. What good does it do to America if fella countrymen are constantly waring with each other? Time and energy that could otherwise have been spent mending and moving the country forward.

Can one see what this increasing polarization is doing to the country. "Hey, I am white/ Asian / Latino / Black / Christian / Muslim / gay, vote for me". Is it really more important that we stick to our political ideology unflingingly than pay attention to the grave consequence it has wrought on the nation? Is it even possible to bridge the gap between the left and the right and we start adopting a more centrist outlook? To compromise our differences for the sake of our country? For if the whole country goes down, so will you and I.

https://www.facebook.com/BigThinkdotcom ... 391917244/

Both the true extreme right or left factions are in a minority but those of us who are centre right or centre left are being increasingly pressured into joining these two violently opposed extremes. It's time for the moderates in the world to find a way to negate both of these extremes

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 11 Oct 2018 8:51 am

The USA and Australia and even Singapore still have due process in some form... we are not yet in the territory of Fan Bing .... although terror was a nice excuse for a bunch of civil liberties to be stripped away maybe Tax Evasion will be the next paper thing excuse our power loving politicians will use....
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!