Singapore Expats

PR rejected after EP renewal application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
trashmaker

PR rejected after EP renewal application

Post by trashmaker » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 3:52 pm

a
Last edited by trashmaker on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR rejected after EP renewal application

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 5:12 pm

trashmaker wrote:Hi,

My wife applied for PR in August this year. As her EP is expiring in January 2014, her company applied to renew her EP and this was done yesterday. This morning, her PR application status has changed from 'Pending' to 'Rejected'. Is it just a coincidence, or has the PR application been rejected because her old EP has been cancelled (i believe once you apply for renewal of EP, your old one is immediately cancelled). Let me know if there are any such cases before.
When an EP is renewed, there is no cancellation. Only the card that is issued is new.
Unless, you are referring to downgrading of the pass?

trashmaker

Post by trashmaker » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 5:26 pm

a
Last edited by trashmaker on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 5:29 pm

trashmaker wrote:Is it just a coincidence, or has the PR application been rejected because her old EP has been cancelled (i believe once you apply for renewal of EP, your old one is immediately cancelled).

The current EP in not cancelled when a renewal application is filed.....and it doesn't make sense to think so.

You have to put an application in several months before expiry of a current EP so it would be crazy for the government to 'cancel' an EP during this time, thus preventing applicant any right to stay or work.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

trashmaker

Post by trashmaker » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 5:58 pm

a
Last edited by trashmaker on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 6:10 pm

The card itself is irrelevant. Your new EP comes into effect, the moment you or your employer login to ep online and click the "Issue EP" button and pay the fee and set appointment. That moment the old EP is not active and the new EP is active. So there is no gap.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Nov 2013 6:13 pm

Wrong.

The old card is active until you go down and pick up the new card. I know. I have half of my 200 man staff on one form of Employment or another. All are the same. Apply two or 3 months before the expiry of the old card and one the renewal letter is given to the employer, then the employee takes the letter and performs whatever is designated in the letter and when the new card is issued the old card is canceled at the same time. You colleagues have their head up some dark place.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bloodhound123
Regular
Regular

Post by bloodhound123 » Sat, 09 Nov 2013 9:37 pm

Yes . This is what myself and all my colleagues have been doing too. Old card is cancelled when we go to pick up the new card. Any sort of protocol other than this could count in illegal stay/employment.