Singapore Expats

buying condo help to get PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ABCDEF

buying condo help to get PR

Post by ABCDEF » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 3:06 pm

My PR application got rejected 4 times.

Race : Indian
Working under EP (Q1) for 3.5yrs. Salary per annum is around 54,000 dollars
Status : Married 1yr 2 months. last rejection was with wife in early 2013 with two yrs income tax statement only.
Education: Bachelors (BE) - India, Masters (MS) from NTU (completed coursework), MBA from UK university with study centre in Singapore.
EP validity till mid october. filed last Income tax this 2013.

Wife
Education : BE -India
Dependent pass

I dont know what to do. Will a baby delivered in Singapore, a property (condo) and two increments add more value to our next PR application. plz advice.

ABCDEF

Post by ABCDEF » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 3:15 pm

EP validity till mid october 2015

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 3:17 pm

2x NO

A male baby included together with you to the application will, but the rest of your portfolio is weak so unlikely it will help with the desired outcome.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 3:18 pm

Rejected 4 times?! This is serious.

Get Plan B to get out of Singapore in case your EP expires without successful renewal. I doubt having a baby and a condo will not help. Increment must be ridiculously high (maybe above $10k per month?) to turn this around for you and your family.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 3:22 pm

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra6 ... ht=#634162

This is his previous topic started on March 2013.

He mention he apply PR every 6 mths and the last letter didn't mention "apply after XXX months"

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 5:30 pm

Start working on another plan (Australia/USA/Canada/Eurozone/UK).

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 10:27 pm

I don't know about other countries, but getting to USA is next only to impossible for most people now. H1B visas open on 1st of April and are done by 5th of April and are valid starting 1st October.

The only way to get to USA now is to work for a services company (read bodyshop) in India and have ur manager send you to USA.

I can't think of any scenarios where I will hire a person in my US office in February and expect him to join in October (may be if he gets through lottery and then if he/she gets visa stamping and if he still decides to join me instead of kicking my ass). I (or any company) will do this only if there was a super rare skill that I needed desperately.

ABCDEF

Post by ABCDEF » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 9:43 am

thanks all for your valuable comments. I am planning to apply PR in 2015. So if its God`s will to be here in Singapore, we should get a PR...orelse have to plan for either US/canada/europe side.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:48 am

ABCDEF wrote:thanks all for your valuable comments. I am planning to apply PR in 2015. So if its God`s will to be here in Singapore, we should get a PR...orelse have to plan for either US/canada/europe side.
Let us know.... however 2015 is just before the 2016 GE.... I think that will scupper your chances. The last thing the PAP need is the TRE saying "Gahmen allowed in ANOTHER blary thousand Indian for PR".

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:52 am

ABCDEF wrote:thanks all for your valuable comments. I am planning to apply PR in 2015. So if its God`s will to be here in Singapore, we should get a PR...orelse have to plan for either US/canada/europe side.
I dun know about other countries, but for Australia points your age will give you half of the required points if you are around 30yrs. After 40yrs, it will be very difficult as your age points drop significantly.
U should be aware of that. Waiting too long as u grow old for a may be unrealistic dream.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:56 am

tidus12000 wrote:
I dun know about other countries, but for Australia points your age will give you half of the required points if you are around 30yrs. After 40yrs, it will be very difficult as your age points drop significantly.
U should be aware of that. Waiting too long as u grow old for a may be unrealistic dream.
that's a VERY good point and actually applies to a lot of countries. In OP's shoes I would be applying right now for jobs/migration in a whole bunch of places.... not waiting for the impossible. BTW God doesn't give a shit where you live, but he does want your soul to be saved.

tidus12000

Post by tidus12000 » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:03 am

After my first PR rejection, although I got a "apply 6 months later" letter, I already started to learn more about Australian migration. I will always prepare for the worst case scenario, what if my PR rejected again in 6 months time, I can straight away go into the Aus migration process by then. Luckily it got approved. I totally throw away the Aus migration idea.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: buying condo help to get PR

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 12:02 pm

ABCDEF wrote:My PR application got rejected 4 times.

Working under EP (Q1) for 3.5yrs. Salary per annum is around 54,000 dollars
Status : Married 1yr 2 months. last rejection was with wife in early 2013 with two yrs income tax statement only.
Education: Bachelors (BE) - India, Masters (MS) from NTU (completed coursework), MBA from UK university with study centre in Singapore.
EP validity till mid october. filed last Income tax this 2013.

Wife
Education : BE -India
Dependent pass

I dont know what to do. Will a baby delivered in Singapore, a property (condo) and two increments add more value to our next PR application. plz advice.
You wasted your time and money on higher education in Singapore. You should have taken it to a proper developed country, you would have got fair treatment. I hope all Indian prospective students reading posts here, boycott Singapore universities.

In 2006, I was considering higher education in several countries. I remember doing extensive research on UK, AUS and Canada. The thought of Singapore, didnt even cross my mind. I mean who would invest their own money to come here. Coming on an EP is a different matter.

And you want to put money on a condo here, just for immigration? I dont know what to say :lol:

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:32 am

UK welcomes Indian. After all curry is the national dish :D

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:03 pm

UK used to welcome Indians. At this point they are not taking too many immigrants, Indians or otherwise.

Remember that India is one of the 6 (or so) countries whose citizens (in future) may have to deposit 3-4k BGPs to get a tourist visa to UK.