Singapore Expats

PR For Indian

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 12:01 pm

ppx wrote:True , I get that ...but propotionately , around 2 K people of my XXXX should be getting PR every year , considering the demographics ...Guess that our profile wasn't in that.
Not true ppx. Until the demographics are back to where they were in/around Y2K (7% not 9+%) it will continue to be a stumbling block for all from that XXXX with the exception of those really bringing something of value to the table. The the government will be pragmatic in their decision making processes. Remember, the government is trying to both curtail the numbers of new PR AND correct the demographics which means the demographic side will probably be via attrition and not by larger influx of the new majority XXXX to offset the demographic discrepancy.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 12:57 pm

ppx wrote:True , I get that ...but propotionately , around 2 K people of my XXXX should be getting PR every year , considering the demographics ...Guess that our profile wasn't in that.
....and don't pin hopes on that the rejection letter to read "Apply is XX months/years". That previledge is also for only a specific XXXX.

ppx

Post by ppx » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 8:42 am

Wd40 wrote:
....and don't pin hopes on that the rejection letter to read "Apply is XX months/years". That previledge is also for only a specific XXXX.
Yes , my wife received the letter with no mention of XX months/years..quite clear what the gahment wants to say
ppx

ppx

Post by ppx » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 8:49 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Not true ppx. Until the demographics are back to where they were in/around Y2K (7% not 9+%) it will continue to be a stumbling block for all from that XXXX with the exception of those really bringing something of value to the table. The the government will be pragmatic in their decision making processes. Remember, the government is trying to both curtail the numbers of new PR AND correct the demographics which means the demographic side will probably be via attrition and not by larger influx of the new majority XXXX to offset the demographic discrepancy.
I agree with the pragmatism bit , but what I dont agree is the suspense created about clear criteria about what works for the PR.
ppx

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 9:39 am

Very good reason for that. Tailor made applications. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:46 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Very good reason for that. Tailor made applications. :-|
Yep, and then corrupt immigration agents/lawyers.

ppx

Post by ppx » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 9:08 am

ppx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:
Yes , my wife received the letter with no mention of XX months/years..quite clear what the gahment wants to say

Finally, I also got the letter with no mention. I guess will have to wait till anything significant changes in my profile to re-apply. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help.
ppx

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:20 pm

Good luck, remember to start working on your Plan B before your EP expires.

ppx

Post by ppx » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:21 pm

vishalgupta2 wrote:Good luck, remember to start working on your Plan B before your EP expires.
Thanks Vishal, Plan B is India in my case :) so Plan B is always there
ppx