Singapore Expats

EP rejected but wife still wants to go

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
family of 5

EP rejected but wife still wants to go

Post by family of 5 » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 7:44 am

EP was rejected on grounds of insufficient documents. It was slow in being lodged as I had lost my degree scrolls and had to get replacements from my university. In the meantime I formed a company, enrolled boys in School (start 15 July), signed a lease under the company and shipped our possessions from Australia. We are booked to fly out this Saturday and our appeal is being lodged on Wednesday. The visa agency advised not to come until IPA is received. They said it could take 4-5 weeks. Wife wants to go to get closure. We are sleeping on camp beds in our house.

What should we do?????.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 8:25 am

Come over as a holiday stay in a Service Apartment, if the passes come through you have already done some local ground works, if it gets rejected then you had a nice holiday. Better have a plan "B" should it all go pear shape.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: EP rejected but wife still wants to go

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 2:38 pm

family of 5 wrote:The visa agency advised not to come until IPA is received. They said it could take 4-5 weeks. Wife wants to go to get closure.

What should we do?????.
Professional advice from a firm qualified to issue it vs. an emotionally frazzled person... I'd go with the former myself ;)

Be aware that it really can take that long for a decision from MOM. One of the things that causes an application to take the longest is document vetting. If you're appealing based on new documents that didn't exist on the previous application, I'd suspect there is a good chance they may be vetted. Nothing on the way they work or process things is published publicly or guaranteed. Every application is also up to their whim; even if these new documents means you meet every 'requirement' on their web page does not guarantee anything.

You can follow QRM's advise above to help the wife's sanity, but it could get expensive fast. And I wouldn't want the 'closure' of sitting in a $5k-15k/month Service Apartment on week 5 or 6 waiting for that IPA... :)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 11 Jun 2012 5:08 pm

zzm9980 wrote:You can follow QRM's advise above to help the wife's sanity, but it could get expensive fast. And I wouldn't want the 'closure' of sitting in a $5k-15k/month Service Apartment on week 5 or 6 waiting for that IPA... :)
For a few cases I know, MOM asked for additional documents, like certificate of employment, notarised verification of some documents submitted, and stuff, and those are better done when you are in your home country, than in Singapore, if asked for .. unless you have connections to do your legwork.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 8:11 pm

But you say you have signed a lease in company name - so you have accommodation? I assume your own company is sponsoring you? Other Directors?

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Tue, 20 Sep 2016 8:11 pm

Damn... old thread! Did you move?