Singapore Expats

Criteria for PR extension/renewal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kopIce

Criteria for PR extension/renewal

Post by kopIce » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 8:38 pm

Can a PR be extended if the PR holder is away from Singapore for long time (3+ yrs) and wanted to return to Singapore just before PR collapse. Can his PR be extended in such circumstances? What can be the alternatives in case of PR renewal rejection?[/b]

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 9:43 pm

If you are out of Singapore for higher studies or posted abroad by your singapore company then you have a chance..Or else no chance....

In case of rejection of REP, unless you have a valid reason to justify you cant do anything to get the REP renewed

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: Criteria for PR extension/renewal

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 1:53 am

kopIce wrote:Can a PR be extended if the PR holder is away from Singapore for long time (3+ yrs) and wanted to return to Singapore just before PR collapse. Can his PR be extended in such circumstances? What can be the alternatives in case of PR renewal rejection?[/b]
ANOTHER PR ABUSER trying to circumvent this guideline. I wonder where are you from ?
Which part of this guideline you need me to shine the torch ?

Additional Documents Required for SPRs under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme
If you are an employee

A letter (issued not more than one month ago) from the employer addressed to the Controller of Immigration, stating the date of employment, position held and monthly salary
Statement from the CPF Board showing the CPF Contribution History for the last 12 months
Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 6:36 pm

Your PR does not expire - your REP does.
Thus, if you return just before the REP expiry, you can stay and live in Singapore for as long as you like, provided you don't leave the country. After three years of doing this (and paying taxes), you have the required documents to get a new REP, with which you can then travel again.
I don't know if this method is suitable for your situation, but the probably only alternative is losing the PR as soon as you step out of Singapore without a valid REP (or if you happen to be outside when it expires).

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 7:10 pm

If all these abusers weren't having such a knock on effect and making things much more difficult for those here who are looking to transition for the right reasons, all these recent PR threads would be laughable.

I just want to bang my head against a brick wall when I hear that people don't know if they can apply by themselves, can withdraw CPF, if they need tax returns or not, can return after so long away etc. The list goes on.

Why don't people take some initiative, plan and understand this procedure properly, before taking a decision that clearly impacts their own and, in most cases, their families lives?

:roll:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 7:13 pm

You will not hear anything until the 6th month minimum waiting time anyway!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 8:53 pm

KSL,
Depends on a case to case basis. Some of my friends got the results between 4-6 months and some after 8 months recently...