Singapore Expats

Can I get 90 day visa back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Jun 2011 5:44 pm

This thread is starting to get a pong about it......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hessinger

Post by hessinger » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 5:24 am

I apologize for bumping an old thread, but since there are few like and I would like to enquire further about this topic.

My girlfriend is studying here, not a Singaporean, and I am currently visiting and would like to stay longer than the 90 days. I co-own an online American-based business and I am also American. I have enquired about working here in the past, but it seems wages are significantly lower than what one would find in Europe or the United States and to be honest, I am not all that interested in working in Singapore. None the less, I had been offered 3 positions after applying to maybe half a dozen job postings but found the offers to be mediocre at best.

Anyway, back to the original discussion in this thread.

I can't tell if some criteria has changed from the original suggestions in this thread but someone correct me if I am wrong here...

It appears, at this time, Jan 2013, you cannot extend a social visit pass beyond 89 days past arrival based on the conditions found on this page?

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFSe ... elcomePage

It does state you cannot re-enter Singapore for 5-days upon departure. Does this imply I can leave for a few weeks, come back, and be provided a new social visit visa upon arrival?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 5:37 am

Let me hit your tree.

You want to live in SG on a tourist visa.
Correct?

[Apols, I'm being a bitch-advocate albeit with a good motive]

p.s. revert with:
- Where are you both from
- what are your races
- Where do you wish to settle
- Who is working, and on what salaries and visa-types
- What is your relationship/marital status.

When all that fruit gets knocked out of the tree then wise owls here can help you...

Good luck.

hessinger

Post by hessinger » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 4:45 pm

JR8 wrote:Let me hit your tree.

You want to live in SG on a tourist visa.
Correct?

[Apols, I'm being a bitch-advocate albeit with a good motive]

p.s. revert with:
- Where are you both from
- what are your races
- Where do you wish to settle
- Who is working, and on what salaries and visa-types
- What is your relationship/marital status.

When all that fruit gets knocked out of the tree then wise owls here can help you...

Good luck.
Yes, but not permanently, just for a few months while she is studying here, maybe on an off. I would definitely take the opportunity to see more of the region as well.

We are both Americans, I am Caucasian and she is Chinese American. She is here on a student pass only and just finishing her MBA by Jan 2014. Though she does have relatives that are Singaporean. I have no connection to Singapore. We are engaged. My salary is approx 100k USD/year which I think with the recent changes to the PEP, limits my ability to receive one.

I suspect the answer is, there is no solution. My suspicion is that I may just be able to fly under the radar for a while since this isn't a long term issue. I will be making trips back the United States every few months for at least a week or two.

And thanks in advance for taking your time for input :-)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 6:01 pm

You might get away with it once but the second time to try for an additional 89 days might find you bounced for a minimum of 6 months.

Good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hessinger

Post by hessinger » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 1:25 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You might get away with it once but the second time to try for an additional 89 days might find you bounced for a minimum of 6 months.

Good luck.
Thanks for the warning.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 1:45 am

Yes I can clearly understand why you want to stay with her, but AFAIK there is no visa for your desired status ('Student's fiance').

If you keep doing visa-runs they will eventually get you, and it really won't help if you later on decide to live in SG.

I'm not being funny but have you considered marrying her - now?

I'm not a SME on visa/immigration but that would (I think) be a game changer, as you could maybe get some better tenure, based on 'husband of resident-student-wife'.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 8:26 am

If she is on a student pass marrying her will solve none of his problems. At least there is nothing formal in place to address such situation. It's an expanding norm that foreigners are living here without their families (ref. recent changes in EP-S DPs/LTSVP policies)

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:57 pm

x9200 wrote:If she is on a student pass marrying her will solve none of his problems. At least there is nothing formal in place to address such situation. It's an expanding norm that foreigners are living here without their families (ref. recent changes in EP-S DPs/LTSVP policies)
Guess the Gahmen know what they are doing. People will def start re thinking the Singapore option if the Significant other can't join.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Can I get 90 day visa back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back?

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 03 Nov 2015 11:22 am

I used to attempt to do this in 2011 before i was able to get my employment pass. You are allowed up to a quota of 180 days every six months and this would mean two 90 days or one turnaround is all you are allowed.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:18 pm

Now there's a name from the past! Whats it been? 2 or 3 years? Welcome back carlsum1986! Where are you now? Still in BKK?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Post by carlsum1986 » Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:41 pm

Yes still in bkk and bored at work so decided to read this old forum....