Singapore Expats

PEP Holder, applying for Dependent pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pashsg

PEP Holder, applying for Dependent pass

Post by pashsg » Sat, 23 Oct 2010 5:43 am

hi all,

I had applied for PEP from outside Singapore and I finally got it. I arrived in Singapore just few days ago. I got a job with local firm.

I would like to apply for dependent pass for my wife and kid who are outside of Singapore.

I checked with MoM site for Dependent pass application process, it says that it needs following

Documents Required
------------------------------------
1. The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment/S Pass holder.

2. The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.
Since I am PEP holder and my PEP is not tied with any particular employer, how can I satisfy above requirement ?

I am very new to Singapore, so pardon me if this is a dumb question.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PEP Holder, applying for Dependent pass

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 23 Oct 2010 9:44 am

pashsg wrote:hi all,

I had applied for PEP from outside Singapore and I finally got it. I arrived in Singapore just few days ago. I got a job with local firm.

I would like to apply for dependent pass for my wife and kid who are outside of Singapore.

I checked with MoM site for Dependent pass application process, it says that it needs following

Documents Required
1. The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment/S Pass holder.

2. The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.
Since I am PEP holder and my PEP is not tied with any particular employer, how can I satisfy above requirement ?

I am very new to Singapore, so pardon me if this is a dumb question.

The below is taken from the MOM website FAQ Section

Q: Who will sponsor my Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) and the Dependant’s Pass applications and must a banker’s guarantee be furnished for each applicant?
A: You will sponsor yourself and your dependants. A banker’s guarantee is not required.

In the case of PEP, you can sponsor your spouse application for DP.

You can log into PEP Online and make an Dependant Pass application for your spouse. You will need a SINGPASS to do that

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:04 pm

Although this is out of topic, I was thinking, the requirement of earning 7k pm for the past 6 months to get a PEP is fine if the last 6 months were in SG. But fixating of 7k prior earnings in other countries isnt rite. They need to take into account the Purchasing Power Parity for each country. For eg. earning the equivalent of 7k SGD in Switzerland is no big deal, anyone can get through. But consider a country like India where even the director of a company may not make 7k pm in many cases. :???:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Oct 2010 12:40 pm

It's their ballpark and their ball so they are free to chose any method they like to determine their goalposts. Maybe they use it as a method to controlling potential immigrants as well. Works pretty good that way wouldn't you think? :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sun, 24 Oct 2010 1:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Works pretty good that way wouldn't you think? :-|
Yeah, it works well, I do agree. I guess my expectation of the sophistication of their process has increased, especially after looking at the rule of selling overseas property prior to buying a HDB. :P