Singapore Expats

Mistake on EP application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ashfaq95

Re: Mistake on EP application

Post by ashfaq95 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 7:22 pm

going to inform tomorrow

ashfaq95

Post by ashfaq95 » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 7:23 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
ashfaq95 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
90% ur EP application should be OK.
Means, Will MOM just ask a letter?
What letter? Has your employer informed MOM about this mistake?
- Going to inform tomorrow

rsing

Post by rsing » Mon, 27 May 2019 11:11 pm

Mgh wrote:Thanks @singaporeflyer

I'd just like to clarify something. For Indian applicants we fill up the
awarding body/university/institution first. That's usually found in the drop-down menus.
My degree certificate is from this university. Recognized by Singapore. That is filled in correctly. (phew)

The mistake is in the main campus or affiliating college attended.
Usually not found in the drop-down menus and has to be manually entered.

Which is why I was hoping it might not be too serious.
Regardless, I wouldn't take anything MoM related lightly. I'd never sign a declaration with incorrect information. It's stuff like this that comes back to haunt you down the line!

Still waiting for HR to get back to me. Wish me luck :)
Hi Mgh, facing the same issue. :( Main Campus or Affiliating College Attended is mentioned as awarding university, in my case it will be different, i.e university and affiliating college are different.... would you be able to tell what you did and is it sorted now? Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 27 May 2019 11:38 pm

If you are from the subcontinent, it's because while there are a number of recognized universities there, not all courses/disciplines are recognized. Therefore, the university might show up on the drop-down list but if your course/field/discipline is not one that is recognized, you might be out of luck. I remember one where the IT or Electronics course was recognized by mechanical engrg was not. Therefore if your university has several campus' locations depending on the field of study this is why it's requested.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rsing

Post by rsing » Mon, 27 May 2019 11:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you are from the subcontinent, it's because while there are a number of recognized universities there, not all courses/disciplines are recognized. Therefore, the university might show up on the drop-down list but if your course/field/discipline is not one that is recognized, you might be out of luck. I remember one where the IT or Electronics course was recognized by mechanical engrg was not. Therefore if your university has several campus' locations depending on the field of study this is why it's requested.
Thanks for the insight. However i have already received the IPA. Just wondering what to do next? Little worried btw. :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 May 2019 12:12 am

If you have already received the IPA, shouldn't be any worries.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mgh

Post by Mgh » Tue, 28 May 2019 10:20 am

rsing wrote:
Mgh wrote:Thanks @singaporeflyer

I'd just like to clarify something. For Indian applicants we fill up the
awarding body/university/institution first. That's usually found in the drop-down menus.
My degree certificate is from this university. Recognized by Singapore. That is filled in correctly. (phew)

The mistake is in the main campus or affiliating college attended.
Usually not found in the drop-down menus and has to be manually entered.

Which is why I was hoping it might not be too serious.
Regardless, I wouldn't take anything MoM related lightly. I'd never sign a declaration with incorrect information. It's stuff like this that comes back to haunt you down the line!

Still waiting for HR to get back to me. Wish me luck :)
Hi Mgh, facing the same issue. :( Main Campus or Affiliating College Attended is mentioned as awarding university, in my case it will be different, i.e university and affiliating college are different.... would you be able to tell what you did and is it sorted now? Thanks in advance.
Hey rsing,
Don't worry about it. My employer spoke to MOM and it is a simple amendment request they have to put in. You will have to wait for the details to be updated in the system. No need to resubmit or apply for the EP again. It took about 2 weeks for the updated details to come through.
The same IPA stands, they will not send you a new one - which makes me believe it is not THAT big of an issue, but I could be wrong. :)

Mbomma

Post by Mbomma » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 9:30 am

Hi, I am an Indian National. I have got my EP approved and also received the IPA letter. But I have a mismatch in the IPA declaration form in the main campus/affiliating section. I have provided the right information to HR but they have provided it wrongly.

How can I go about it? Any help will be appreciated.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:23 am

Mbomma wrote:
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 9:30 am
Hi, I am an Indian National. I have got my EP approved and also received the IPA letter. But I have a mismatch in the IPA declaration form in the main campus/affiliating section. I have provided the right information to HR but they have provided it wrongly.

They have to submit the amendment to MOM and wait for the approval again

Mbomma

Post by Mbomma » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:53 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:23 am
Mbomma wrote:

So I spoke to HR about it. They said they were not able to find the exact option in the drop-down menu. Hence, they selected the nearest one. Also, since I have mentioned both my Master's degree and Bachelor's degree information, and the problem is only with the Bachelor's, they said it might not be an issue.

Is it okay to leave it at that?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 2:17 pm

Mbomma wrote:
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 12:53 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:23 am
Mbomma wrote:

So I spoke to HR about it. They said they were not able to find the exact option in the drop-down menu. Hence, they selected the nearest one. Also, since I have mentioned both my Master's degree and Bachelor's degree information, and the problem is only with the Bachelor's, they said it might not be an issue.

Is it okay to leave it at that?
Suggest you to use the SAT tool and see if the exact option can be found. If so, update MOM via HR