Singapore Expats

Additional Family details asked by ICA after 2 months of PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Rkwin

Additional Family details asked by ICA after 2 months of PR

Post by Rkwin » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 1:58 pm

Hi, I applied for PR in mid of may, yesterday i got a letter from ICA asking me to submitted detailed CV of my spouse, children, parents and siblings.

Also, they asked for the complete details of my souse's parents, siblings.

Is it a normal process as i didn't find any such column for my spouse's sibiling and parents details ( Name, date of birth, name of the employer, previous employment details , Rank and duties) inthe original PR application form.

Can anyone advise if they have seen this happening earlier as well, how many days it take to give the final outcome once these aditional details are provided?

Regards.
Rkwin
Last edited by Rkwin on Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Post by xtasy010 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 2:01 pm

Yes, exact same thing happened to me. Final outcome after another 2-3 months.

Rkwin

Post by Rkwin » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks, slightly disappointing though.. they should modify the PR application form if this is something which needs to be submitted. I think it is wastage of everyone's time, after two months additional information is asked delaying the application process further.

So do you finally got the PR approval post submission of these documents?

If yes, after how many months?

Regards
Rkwin

xtasy010
Regular
Regular

Post by xtasy010 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 4:11 pm

I agree, I too was surprised but I think this information is not asked of everyone, its case by case. I got the approval after another 2-3 months.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 4:47 pm

Rkwin wrote:Thanks, slightly disappointing though.. they should modify the PR application form if this is something which needs to be submitted. I think it is wastage of everyone's time, after two months additional information is asked delaying the application process further.

Regards
Rkwin
You might be better placed being thankful they didn't just reject you. Instead of dissing the Government, be thankful they are coming back for more info.

Some people's children! :roll:

sms
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Additional Family details asked by ICA after 2 months of

Post by littlegreenman » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 5:10 pm

Rkwin wrote:Hi, I applied for PR in mid of may, yesterday i got a letter from ICA asking me to submitted detailed CV of my spouse, children, parents and siblings.

Is it a normal process as i didn't find any such column for my spouse's sibiling and parents details ( Name, date of birth, name of the employer, previous employment details , Rank and duties) inthe original PR application form.

Can anyone advise if they have seen this happening earlier as well, how many days it take to give the final outcome once these aditional details are provided?

Regards.
Rkwin
Interesting, are you applying as the spouse of a Singaporean or through as an EP holder?

Rkwin

Post by Rkwin » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 11:29 pm

EP Holder

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 1:18 am

Rkwin wrote:EP Holder
Read the additional notes that accompany the PR application form, clearly says in black and white that they can request additional info.

Live with it or just cancel your application in protest??

Rkwin

Post by Rkwin » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for your advice..

I have no problem with the additional information asked, my only concern is the time, after 2 months... I heard from different people that they are also asked for this information which is fine. I only wanted to say that if this is a mandatory requirement , the application form should be updated accordingly. It will save's everyone's time.

As far as the protest is concerned, i don't think that i am that negative. Anyways thanks for your advice.

I think i have got my answer and hence would want this topic to be closed here itself.

Thanks everyone.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:35 am

Rkwin wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your advice..

I have no problem with the additional information asked, my only concern is the time, after 2 months... I heard from different people that they are also asked for this information which is fine. I only wanted to say that if this is a mandatory requirement , the application form should be updated accordingly. It will save's everyone's time.

As far as the protest is concerned, i don't think that i am that negative. Anyways thanks for your advice.

I think i have got my answer and hence would want this topic to be closed here itself.

Thanks everyone.
Sorry, we don't do topic closures here by request. We only do that if we deem it necessary.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bogdang

Re: Additional Family details asked by ICA after 2 months of

Post by bogdang » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:48 pm

Rkwin wrote:asking me to submitted detailed CV of my spouse, children, parents and siblings.

What on earth would they need it for?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 3:27 pm

Background checks? Police checks? Who knows? Who cares. If you want PR and that's what they want, give it to 'em. or give up. PR isn't a right, it's a privilege that you are not forced to accept. Simple concept actually, you either agree and submit or disagree and do without. :?

bogdang

Post by bogdang » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 4:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Background checks? Police checks?
Ok lah, but even the US with their paranoia about background checks never ask about details like that. Interesting.

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 5:00 pm

bogdang wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Background checks? Police checks?
Ok lah, but even the US with their paranoia about background checks never ask about details like that. Interesting.
To be honest I think the US is more stringent with any checks than Singapore. Take a certificate of no criminal conviction for example. The Singapore Police even needs you to submit your fingerprints for this (even if you are a PR or Citizen where they already have them) if you need a CONCC. I noticed the only reason why the US Border Force have brooms up their arses is that they have a gun. Our Canadian boys don't have one and are much friendlier. My favorite was when the US Border guy asked me how I knew the woman next to me. I responded she was my wife and he looked surprised. Weird.

littlegreenman
Chatter
Chatter

Post by littlegreenman » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 5:03 pm

Rkwin wrote:Thanks, slightly disappointing though.. they should modify the PR application form if this is something which needs to be submitted. I think it is wastage of everyone's time, after two months additional information is asked delaying the application process further.

Regards
Rkwin
See it as a good thing. I have submitted mine over three months ago and never heard anything from them. All I get from them on the phone is that "it is processing" and I got a letter from the High Commission that it was submitted to ICA, but nothing ever from ICA. :(