Singapore Expats

I am holding LTVP+ (PLOC) to work in Singapore, But Employer needs EP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vincerio

I am holding LTVP+ (PLOC) to work in Singapore, But Employer needs EP

Post by vincerio » Thu, 26 May 2022 6:29 am

Hello Everyone,

I am holding valid LTVP+ with approved PLOC to work in Singapore, But my employer needs EP to work in SG as per the company policy. EP gives me more benefits in salary wise plus housing allowance. But I have few questions on the EP approval since I am already holding valid PLOC.

1. Whether EP gets approved considering that I already have a valid PLOC?
2. How many weeks it will take for the new EP application approval?
3. Do I need to renew LTVP every year if my EP gets approved ?

Request to provide your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance.
by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 May 2022 1:25 pm
EP, if approved by the MOM will automatically replace the PLOC. MOM will always used the highest level pass unless specifically requested for a lesser pass (for instance a person may be eligible to apply for an EP but the employer may only want to apply for an S pass - not likely, but possible - I can think of one reason only).

1. If qualified for the EP (in MOM's eyes), PLOC is immaterial;
2. up to 6 weeks;
3. LTVP will automatically get canceled if the EP is approved - no need to worry about that.

Should you lose your EP job in the future, you can still reapply for the PLOC, but it is always better to have the EP as it is the higher level pass.
Go to full post

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: I am holding LTVP+ (PLOC) to work in Singapore, But Employer needs EP

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 May 2022 1:25 pm

EP, if approved by the MOM will automatically replace the PLOC. MOM will always used the highest level pass unless specifically requested for a lesser pass (for instance a person may be eligible to apply for an EP but the employer may only want to apply for an S pass - not likely, but possible - I can think of one reason only).

1. If qualified for the EP (in MOM's eyes), PLOC is immaterial;
2. up to 6 weeks;
3. LTVP will automatically get canceled if the EP is approved - no need to worry about that.

Should you lose your EP job in the future, you can still reapply for the PLOC, but it is always better to have the EP as it is the higher level pass.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vincerio

Post by vincerio » Thu, 26 May 2022 1:41 pm

Thanks much for your clarification. Appreciate it !

Think-Big

Post by Think-Big » Fri, 27 May 2022 12:54 am

@ Sunday morning ... as you have mentioned that once EP get approved the LTVP will automatically get cancelled, may I know if you are talking about LTVP issued by MOM or LTVP Issued by ICA ?

I assume it’s from MOM issued LTVP so then how long it will take to reapply for LTVP with MOM incase the EP job has been terminated ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think-Big

Post by Think-Big » Fri, 27 May 2022 12:58 am

vincerio wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am holding valid LTVP+ with approved PLOC to work in Singapore, But my employer needs EP to work in SG as per the company policy. EP gives me more benefits in salary wise plus housing allowance. But I have few questions on the EP approval since I am already holding valid PLOC.

1. Whether EP gets approved considering that I already have a valid PLOC?
2. How many weeks it will take for the new EP application approval?
3. Do I need to renew LTVP every year if my EP gets approved ?

Request to provide your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance.
@ Vincerio ... is your LTVP+ from ICA or MOM ? You mentioned the plus so it’s giving me an idea that it’s issued by ICA, kindly reply .

@ Sunday morning ... as you have mentioned that once EP get approved the LTVP will automatically get cancelled, may I know if you are talking about LTVP issued by MOM or LTVP Issued by ICA ?

I assume if it’s from MOM issued LTVP so then how long it will take to reapply for LTVP with MOM incase the EP job has been terminated ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincerio

Post by vincerio » Fri, 27 May 2022 11:02 am

@Think-Big - LTVP+ was issued by ICA and PLOC was approved by MoM. LTVP alone does not allow you to work in SG. You need PLOC (which can be applied if you are spouse to Singaporean or PR) or LOC (which can be applied by your employer) or EP to work in Singapore.

It will 4 to 6 weeks time to reapply for LTVP with ICA and get it approved. Last time it took 5 weeks for me.

vincerio

Post by vincerio » Fri, 27 May 2022 11:07 am

@Sundaymorning - Is there any benefit while applying for PR if we employed under LTVP+PLOC ?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 27 May 2022 11:14 am

vincerio wrote:
Fri, 27 May 2022 11:07 am
@Sundaymorning - Is there any benefit while applying for PR if we employed under LTVP+PLOC ?
Purely depends on what are your longterm goals withrespect to settling down in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 May 2022 2:35 pm

This^^^^^^.

There is less benefit if only under LTVP but better if PLOC to go with it. But having EP better still (it outranks both LTVP+PLOC). However, If under PLOC or EP, please ensure you have been working at least 2 years or been married 2 years (producing offspring also a plus). Don't try to jump the gun on the 2 years as more times than not, it will produce a rejection and then a longer wait of 2 years from the rejection. Patience is the key. Haste tend to get ICA looking at the application sideways to see what the con is.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vincerio

Post by vincerio » Fri, 27 May 2022 8:23 pm

@sundaymorningstaple - we have been married for 4 years and we have a 2yo child born in Sg (currently on LTVP). I used to visit SG every year since I was working abroad. Now I moved to SG permanently and will be working here. Is the wait time still be 2 years to apply for PR or I can apply after 6 months to 1 year? TIA

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 27 May 2022 10:15 pm

vincerio wrote:
Fri, 27 May 2022 8:23 pm
@sundaymorningstaple - we have been married for 4 years and we have a 2yo child born in Sg (currently on LTVP). I used to visit SG every year since I was working abroad. Now I moved to SG permanently and will be working here. Is the wait time still be 2 years to apply for PR or I can apply after 6 months to 1 year? TIA
Is you kid a boy or girl ? Plan to apply PR together?

vincerio

Post by vincerio » Fri, 27 May 2022 10:17 pm

I have a daughter and yes, we are planning to apply PR together.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 28 May 2022 11:47 am

Give it a try. If it doesn't work out. Wait 2 years from the rejection date and reapply again.

Where have "we" been living for the past 4 years. I get the impression you were not resident here in Singapore even though you were married and your wife is as PR so had the child here. While I agree they have given you a PLOC to allow you to work, I think I'd wait until I found a job first else they might look at the marriage as one of convenience if you two have not been living together, in Sg, since you have been married until recently. (I say this as this statement kind of implies that "Now I moved to SG permanently and will be working here.")

This is what happens when readers ask for opinions without giving any details or background.