Singapore Expats

PR approval chances 2022

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR approval chances 2022

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:05 pm

PTS & FT basically, for ease of usage, refers to your anchor here.

FT - Family Ties, means you have an Anchor spouse/child/parent who is a PR or SGC, not the fact that you are applying as a family (although that is always a '+' tick on a PTS application especially if there is also a male son in the mix). That is as far as relationships go for FT purposes - siblings, cousins, aunts & uncles & G.Parents don't make the cut...

PTS - Professional/Technical scheme - your Anchor is the ANNEX A which is signed by the employer. Sometimes Employers are loath to sign them as they know in large number of cases, the employee will resign within 6 months of getting their PR approved (sad but true). This causes a lot of employers to refuse to sign the ANNEX A. MOM & ICA are aware of this and will generally accept applications for PTS without the ANNEX A but with 6 months of pay vouchers instead (providing said ANNEX A was submitted to the employer for completion - you can probably catch my drift there).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 1:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:05 pm

FT - Family Ties, means you have an Anchor spouse/child/parent who is a PR or SGC, not the fact that you are applying as a family (although that is always a '+' tick on a PTS application especially if there is also a male son in the mix). That is as far as relationships go for FT purposes - siblings, cousins, aunts & uncles & G.Parents don't make the cut...

PTS - Professional/Technical scheme - your Anchor is the ANNEX A which is signed by the employer. Sometimes Employers are loath to sign them as they know in large number of cases, the employee will resign within 6 months of getting their PR approved (sad but true). This causes a lot of employers to refuse to sign the ANNEX A. MOM & ICA are aware of this and will generally accept applications for PTS without the ANNEX A but with 6 months of pay vouchers instead (providing said ANNEX A was submitted to the employer for completion - you can probably catch my drift there).

Interesting coz my employer has been super cooperative and written employment letters all the 4 times I applied that I thought made it clear that my employment was under unlimited contract terms and also signed the annex A.
All this is prolly not relevant unless you are of the preferred race, they should just be honest and tell people that if you are of not the preferred race don’t even try apply PR and waste your time !

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 2:12 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 1:50 pm

Interesting coz my employer has been super cooperative and written employment letters all the 4 times I applied that I thought made it clear that my employment was under unlimited contract terms and also signed the annex A.
All this is prolly not relevant unless you are of the preferred race, they should just be honest and tell people that if you are of not the preferred race don’t even try apply PR and waste your time !
I would not really agree, because there are close to 25% who are NOT from major ethnic quota who get PR and SC too. How should this be seen as then? There are many of us on this forum too who have got it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 2:20 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:

You sure are reading a heck of a lot into what I wrote. Nowhere in my post did I indicate that success was guaranteed in any case. All I was doing was to give the parameters for which an application would be accepted for consideration. Has nothing to do with whether or not said application would be successful.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

arumugamhenry

Post by arumugamhenry » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 2:33 pm

Thanks for your guidance @singaporeflyer

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 3:17 pm

Wed, 23 Nov 2022 2:20 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:

You sure are reading a heck of a lot into what I wrote. Nowhere in my post did I indicate that success was guaranteed in any case. All I was doing was to give the parameters for which an application would be accepted for consideration. Has nothing to do with whether or not said application would be successful.
Now It’s my insecurities and failures that are speaking here, feel absolutely and utterly depressed with the fact that I spent 9 years chasing something that will never be achievable , most important reasons is for being born in the wrong country which cannot be controlled .. some people might have already crossed the journey from EP to SC prolly in a period of 10-12 years

cavemaner

Post by cavemaner » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 3:30 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 3:17 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:

Now It’s my insecurities and failures that are speaking here, feel absolutely and utterly depressed with the fact that I spent 9 years chasing something that will never be achievable , most important reasons is for being born in the wrong country which cannot be controlled .. some people might have already crossed the journey from EP to SC prolly in a period of 10-12 years
username checks out

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:00 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
I think Malcontent mentioned in some thread, it seems just because something is very difficult to achieve makes people think it is worthwhile achieving it. We are smart enough to know, that is not the case. Everyone gets their fair share of good and bad luck and I would say, we are doing much better than the average person out there in this world. Definitely not born in the wrong country. I mean take a look around you at all the Singaporeans who were born here have the pink IC with them and then see what you have achieved v/s what they have achieved. Just having the best passport in the world is of no good, if you dont even have enough money to cross the border.

I feel 1st gen immigrants do very well, whereever we go, we just set the bar too high for ourselves and then look at only what we didnt achieve. In my opinion, there is no need of any PR or citizenship as a 1st gen immigrant, we have already achieved what we had to. People generally apply PR or citizenship to set a platform for their kids. If you get PR or citizenship, you think your struggle is over, far from the truth, your struggle really starts from that point :) You then suddenly find out you need to match up with 1st world standards and costs for the rest of your life. Without PR/citizenship, we could just go back to our home country and have a relaxed life. I know you want to totally dismiss that idea that you can go back, but I would suggest keep an open mind India is really doing well right now and looking at the lifestyle and spending power of the people there we look like misers out here, travelling in MRT and living in HDBs.

omshastry

Post by omshastry » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:14 pm

This.
Is my key reason for trying.
Wd40 wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:00 pm

People generally apply PR or citizenship to set a platform for their kids.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:33 pm

Wd40 wrote:
Wed, 23 Nov 2022 5:00 pm
truthhurts1 wrote:
I think Malcontent mentioned in some thread, it seems just because something is very difficult to achieve makes people think it is worthwhile achieving it. We are smart enough to know, that is not the case. Everyone gets their fair share of good and bad luck and I would say, we are doing much better than the average person out there in this world. Definitely not born in the wrong country. I mean take a look around you at all the Singaporeans who were born here have the pink IC with them and then see what you have achieved v/s what they have achieved. Just having the best passport in the world is of no good, if you dont even have enough money to cross the border.

I feel 1st gen immigrants do very well, whereever we go, we just set the bar too high for ourselves and then look at only what we didnt achieve. In my opinion, there is no need of any PR or citizenship as a 1st gen immigrant, we have already achieved what we had to. People generally apply PR or citizenship to set a platform for their kids. If you get PR or citizenship, you think your struggle is over, far from the truth, your struggle really starts from that point :) You then suddenly find out you need to match up with 1st world standards and costs for the rest of your life. Without PR/citizenship, we could just go back to our home country and have a relaxed life. I know you want to totally dismiss that idea that you can go back, but I would suggest keep an open mind India is really doing well right now and looking at the lifestyle and spending power of the people there we look like misers out here, travelling in MRT and living in HDBs.
Well said. By the way, as someone who recently became a citizen, I need to say this. The main reason that I became a citizen was for family stability given that my wife and daughter are both citizens. Had I failed to become a citizen, it certainly wouldn't be the end of the world, but it was a nice to have.

Having said that, like you pointed out, having become a citizen in an expensive country where I will most likely be retiring, I have to ensure that I am financially well prepared for retirement and don't have to struggle.

Definitely, moving back to India is not as bad as TH1 makes it seem. I see how my friends are doing in Mumbai for instance and I see life there as pretty good.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Nov 2022 8:47 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
truthhurts1 wrote:

Never say Never.......

While it's not any consolation, it took me 11 years to get my PR here. And that was with being married to a Singaporean for 10 of them, my wife giving birth to two children who were 9 and 4 when when I was finally successful. Granted I was lower on the acceptance ladder than you are so i don't feel bad but frankly, being an AngMoh and married to an Indian (39 years now) Isn't the best on the demographic ladder if trying to get PR. But as everybody already knows, I'm a stubborn old coot who doesn't give up too easily. :cool:

sliverchair13

Post by sliverchair13 » Thu, 24 Nov 2022 10:58 am

Raising and keeping your family here is getting harder these days if you're a foreigner with medium salary. Rental cost nowadays are skyrocketing.

Only a SC or PR status can buy an HDB here. condo is out of reach especially with the above income level.

So aside from thinking about your kids, an affordable-and-owned-roof above your head is also one of the main reason for applying.

arumugamhenry

Post by arumugamhenry » Thu, 24 Nov 2022 12:35 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 21 Nov 2022 7:36 pm
arumugamhenry wrote:
Mon, 21 Nov 2022 6:47 pm
Dear ones,
I have queries regarding the appeal process.
does the application id remains same during appeal process? or a new application id is created.
I have few weeks left to appeal.
Are there two systems for PR submission. a frnd of mine who has recently submitted application has ack id starting from PRS? is direct submission on paper still prevalent
Lastly, does appeal process outcome comes sooner?

PS: I just chanced upon this group. Please let me know if I am violating any rules per se of the forum
Quote original application ID during appeal.
Appeal can be via paper or email submission.
Appeal outcome will be in 2-3 months, but 95% of appeal cases wont go through unless major changes in appeal which is different from original application.
Most of the cases, appeal also goes to the same officer who evaluated your main application.
Based on guidance here I appealed my PR application. There is few changes since outcome in terms of compensation, new rental place and new company. Hope this puts me in 5% bracket of success :).

arumugamhenry

Post by arumugamhenry » Thu, 24 Nov 2022 1:31 pm

sliverchair13 wrote:
Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:06 pm
I recently appealed. Some answers on your queries:
1. Yes, quote your original reference number when you appeal.
2. The reference number will be changed afterwards
3. No definite waiting time. My original application lasted 10 months before the result came. My appeal now is running at 7 months and counting...
wish early resolution. this is a long time in wait. in most cases many component of your application would already be stale? How do you update it then? though the UI or through the mails?

sliverchair13

Post by sliverchair13 » Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:38 am

arumugamhenry wrote:
Thu, 24 Nov 2022 1:31 pm
sliverchair13 wrote:
Tue, 22 Nov 2022 12:06 pm
I recently appealed. Some answers on your queries:
1. Yes, quote your original reference number when you appeal.
2. The reference number will be changed afterwards
3. No definite waiting time. My original application lasted 10 months before the result came. My appeal now is running at 7 months and counting...
wish early resolution. this is a long time in wait. in most cases many component of your application would already be stale? How do you update it then? though the UI or through the mails?
Yes not much change. Just taking my chances.
Upload button is no longer available upon appeal. I just put "some" changes and supporting docs on the email.