Singapore Expats

PR approval chances 2022

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: PR approval chances 2022

Post by smoulder » Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:30 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:16 am
simple_guy wrote:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 10:02 am
Wd40 wrote:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 12:21 am

Yeah, my application history and how long the rejection took
2012 - 9 months
2014 - 6 months
2016- 4 months
2019 - 6 months
2022 - pending since 2 months.
Oh :( ! What can I say about these rejections...just speechless! All the best for the current application!

Its absolutely Brootal that someone with a million+ net worth and long tenure has been rejected multiple times… this shows that what will happen to normies like us who are here for very long tenure and make 6 figures a year.. now 7 figures is the new 6 figures and maybe will influence the application
There isn't a linear relationship between approval chances and savings and /or earnings. It's not that simple.

Secondly, his savings are the result of his own discipline. Despite earning less than you (if I'm not wrong) AND having family vs you being single. However, this is a topic for another thread.

ModernFamily01

Post by ModernFamily01 » Tue, 15 Nov 2022 2:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 12 Nov 2022 12:25 am
Yes, by all means, notify them with the baby's particulars, etc. etc. It may not help but it surely will NOT hurt. It does show the nature of the marriage is not just for convenience as you have already started a family. Go for it and good luck. [-o<

If it's any consolation, I've been a PR for 27 years but it took me a number of years and tries to get approved and that was with two local born children and a local wife. (I've actually been here for just over 40 years now (retired 3 yrs ago at 71.5 years of age). Both kids grown up now 33 & 38 and both married to locals and I also have 3 G.Kids between them. Not an Aussie, but a Yank.
Thank you for your responses! What is the best way to notify them? Should it be through the "Submit Additional Documents" fields where the original applications were submitted or elsewhere?

I'm aiming to keep my expectations in check by preparing for a negative result, since otherwise I will set myself and family up for failure.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Nov 2022 2:19 pm

ModernFamily01 wrote:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 2:13 pm
Yes, by all means, notify them with the baby's particulars, etc. etc. It may not help but it surely will NOT hurt. It does show the nature of the marriage is not just for convenience as you have already started a family. Go for it and good luck. [-o<

If it's any consolation, I've been a PR for 27 years but it took me a number of years and tries to get approved and that was with two local born children and a local wife. (I've actually been here for just over 40 years now (retired 3 yrs ago at 71.5 years of age). Both kids grown up now 33 & 38 and both married to locals and I also have 3 G.Kids between them. Not an Aussie, but a Yank.
Thank you for your responses! What is the best way to notify them? Should it be through the "Submit Additional Documents" fields where the original applications were submitted or elsewhere?

I'm aiming to keep my expectations in check by preparing for a negative result, since otherwise I will set myself and family up for failure.
Yes - via submit additional documents

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 15 Nov 2022 4:27 pm

truthhurts1 wrote:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:16 am
simple_guy wrote:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 10:02 am
Wd40 wrote:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 12:21 am

Yeah, my application history and how long the rejection took
2012 - 9 months
2014 - 6 months
2016- 4 months
2019 - 6 months
2022 - pending since 2 months.
Oh :( ! What can I say about these rejections...just speechless! All the best for the current application!

Its absolutely Brootal that someone with a million+ net worth and long tenure has been rejected multiple times… this shows that what will happen to normies like us who are here for very long tenure and make 6 figures a year.. now 7 figures is the new 6 figures and maybe will influence the application
You actually have the best chance, just marry your girlfriend and apply. I am actually the normie/template guy. You deserve to get it as you are more vested in this country than me.(Not sure if vested is the right word, but you know what I mean :) )

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Nov 2022 5:03 pm

ModernFamily01 wrote:

If update on new born SC child, you don't need to update them. They will already have this data.

lhd

Post by lhd » Wed, 16 Nov 2022 5:59 pm

Hi,

I just applied for PR for the first time a month ago. I applied under the PTS scheme and wanted to get your thoughts on my chances. I'm worried that I applied right after getting married. I was advised that I should still just apply.

Nationality: Swiss
Race: Caucasian and Chinese
Marital status: Married to Singaporean (in September 2022) who is Singaporean Chinese
Education: BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from US
Length of stay in SG: 2.5 years
Pass type: EP first year, been holding a PEP for the last 1.5 years
Salary: ~ S$270k + bonus + equity
Work experience: 8 years in US, 2.5 years in SG
PR Application: 1st time

Appreciate any feedback or guidance. Thank you!

ModernFamily01

Post by ModernFamily01 » Wed, 16 Nov 2022 6:03 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Nov 2022 5:03 pm
ModernFamily01 wrote:

If update on new born SC child, you don't need to update them. They will already have this data.
I made the same conclusion and chose not to submit any additional info to prevent confusing the situation. I figured if I can login to myICA and get my child's digital birth cert, then they probably have access to that info as well.

nelyanne
Regular
Regular

Post by nelyanne » Wed, 16 Nov 2022 7:01 pm

lhd wrote:
Wed, 16 Nov 2022 5:59 pm
Hi,

I just applied for PR for the first time a month ago. I applied under the PTS scheme and wanted to get your thoughts on my chances. I'm worried that I applied right after getting married. I was advised that I should still just apply.

Marital status: Married to Singaporean (in September 2022) who is Singaporean Chinese

Did you apply as Caucasian or Chinese? :-k

lhd

Post by lhd » Wed, 16 Nov 2022 8:34 pm

nelyanne wrote:
Wed, 16 Nov 2022 7:01 pm
lhd wrote:
Hi,

Did you apply as Caucasian or Chinese? :-k
I applied as Chinese. Thanks for the reply!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 16 Nov 2022 10:41 pm

lhd wrote:
Hi,

You applied via PTS instead of family ties scheme (FTS) so I don’t think your newlywed status will affect. Of favoured race as well but length of stay is a bit short. Usually recommended to apply PR via PTS after one EP renewal.

However, if you get rejected this time, wait for 2 years of marriage and ask your wife to apply for you under FTS. It is usually easier to get PR via FTS. If you’re worried about NS, you’re likely to be exempted due to age. My husband got PR this year under family ties, around your age and got the letter of exemption.

忠诚爱

PR approval chances 2022

Post by 忠诚爱 » Sat, 19 Nov 2022 8:47 pm

Hi to all the experts here,

I would like to ask if I have a chance of getting PR.

Nationality: Filipino
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education
Pass: SPass
Job: English Childcare Teacher since 2016
Marital Status: Divorced from a local Chinese,
we have a local son who's 5 years old, under my sole custody currently studying in a local pre-school.

Thank you in advance for your helpful insights.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 19 Nov 2022 9:08 pm

忠诚爱 wrote:
Sat, 19 Nov 2022 8:47 pm
Hi to all the experts here,

I would like to ask if I have a chance of getting PR.

Nationality: Filipino
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education
Pass: SPass
Job: English Childcare Teacher since 2016
Marital Status: Divorced from a local Chinese,
we have a local son who's 5 years old, under my sole custody currently studying in a local pre-school.

Thank you in advance for your helpful insights.
Pass type, ethnic quota, divorced may be negatives.
SG Kid's parent and Childcare teacher are positives.

I would say 30% chance. Go ahead and apply.

How long are you in SG?

忠诚爱

Post by 忠诚爱 » Sat, 19 Nov 2022 9:14 pm

Hi Mr.SF, thank you for your prompt response. 🙏
I've been in SG since 2016.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 19 Nov 2022 9:18 pm

忠诚爱 wrote:
Sat, 19 Nov 2022 9:14 pm
Hi Mr.SF, thank you for your prompt response. 🙏
I've been in SG since 2016.
Go ahead and apply.
You should have got your PR few years after being married to your SG husband or after becoming parent of SC Kid.

arumugamhenry

Post by arumugamhenry » Mon, 21 Nov 2022 6:47 pm

Dear ones,
I have queries regarding the appeal process.
does the application id remains same during appeal process? or a new application id is created.
I have few weeks left to appeal.
Are there two systems for PR submission. a frnd of mine who has recently submitted application has ack id starting from PRS? is direct submission on paper still prevalent
Lastly, does appeal process outcome comes sooner?

PS: I just chanced upon this group. Please let me know if I am violating any rules per se of the forum