Singapore Expats

Foreign Spouse first extension STVP or LTVP?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: Foreign Spouse first extension STVP or LTVP?

Post by smoulder » Sat, 04 Dec 2021 1:34 pm

Why don't you phone up the ICA and ask them what could be the reason. I think there is a certain window during which you can apply for renewal of the STVP. I believe, they usually tell people to renew within a week from the expiry of the pass.

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Sat, 04 Dec 2021 1:42 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 04 Dec 2021 1:34 pm
Why don't you phone up the ICA and ask them what could be the reason. I think there is a certain window during which you can apply for renewal of the STVP. I believe, they usually tell people to renew within a week from the expiry of the pass.
Hey Smoulder. Thanks for your kind reply. I’ll try to reach them on the phone to clarify

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Mon, 20 Dec 2021 2:10 pm

Good news guys. Still waiting for LTVP

Just submitted STVP extension on her behalf. Expiry is early January 2022. Got the reply from ICA in the same day for additional 60 days.

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 3:56 pm

Still waiting for LTVP but renewed the extension STVP with ease. Same day reply and approval after $40 payment was made

Also the STVP was extended for additional 30 days, was it supposed to be for 90 days?

Any channels we can check within ICA for LTVP progress or just play waiting game?

Thanks all

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 6:52 pm

I believe all SVP extensions are for 30 days only. The only way to get an new 90 day one is by leaving the country for week or two and then coming back in but you could still find yourself with only 30 days as it's is discretionary on the part of the Immigration Officer, and not a right of the applicant. (That's the same with Immigration officers around the world.)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 7:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 6:52 pm
I believe all SVP extensions are for 30 days only. The only way to get an new 90 day one is by leaving the country for week or two and then coming back in but you could still find yourself with only 30 days as it's is discretionary on the part of the Immigration Officer, and not a right of the applicant. (That's the same with Immigration officers around the world.)
It was maximum 30 day extension when I first arrived here in 1996. Back then, the first stamp wasn’t 90 days, it was 30. On my first extension, they tried to give me 14 days… we appealed and after explaining the situation, they amended it to 30. Then the next time it was 30 again, and the next time it was 30 again… oops, they were only supposed to give me two 30 day extensions, but we tried our luck and they slipped, gave me another 30. It was a good thing they did because I was finally getting job offers. Little did I know that it would take 5 months to get my EP approved after two rejections.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 9:06 pm

Tue, 15 Feb 2022 6:52 pm
Thank you for sharing. Don’t think we will explore her going back until she gets her LTVP (cross fingers)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:24 pm

For the record, I lived here for 11 years on a SVP, got married, had two kids and three cars before I got an EP and subsequently PR. :-k :cool: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:57 pm

Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:24 pm
For the record, I lived here for 11 years on a SVP, got married, had two kids and three cars before I got an EP and subsequently PR. :-k :cool: :lol:
Those were the good ‘ole days!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 7:26 am

JWNYsg wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 3:56 pm
Any channels we can check within ICA for LTVP progress or just play waiting game?
Your old posts mentioned you got PMLA & LLE but did not use them as you got married in Thailand and did not reside in SG after getting married? I assume your marriage cert got translated into English when you submitted the document?

Previously with PMLA & LLE, LTVP process should take 6 weeks… without them, it can take up to 6 months. Just have to keep waiting.

You did not mention what’s your age though? Only your wife’s. Not sure if it’s a factor.

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Wed, 16 Feb 2022 10:18 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Wed, 16 Feb 2022 7:26 am
JWNYsg wrote:
Tue, 15 Feb 2022 3:56 pm
Your old posts mentioned you got PMLA & LLE but did not use them as you got married in Thailand and did not reside in SG after getting married? I assume your marriage cert got translated into English when you submitted the document?

Previously with PMLA & LLE, LTVP process should take 6 weeks… without them, it can take up to 6 months. Just have to keep waiting.

You did not mention what’s your age though? Only your wife’s. Not sure if it’s a factor.
As I didn’t exercise the PMA/LLE it had expired thus it was not valid anymore. Guess I have to wit 6 months then

I re registered the foreign wedding certificate to a ROM when I was back and sent it as part of recent LTVP application. Fingers crossed then

I’m old like 40 now

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Sat, 12 Mar 2022 9:43 pm

My wife finally got the preliminary approval for her LTVP. Thanks for all your well wishes

Presume we can go to any hospital for her medical?

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:23 pm

JWNYsg wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 9:43 pm
Eh, hospitals are a bit overwhelmed at the moment with COVID patients.

My husband went to a SATA clinic 3 years ago. Any clinic that does medical check up for work/employment/LTVP passes is sufficient. The AIP letter will list down what tests she has to do, bring that & passport to the clinic. And whatever else they list to bring to the clinic.

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Sun, 13 Mar 2022 12:15 am

MOCHS wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:23 pm
JWNYsg wrote:
Sat, 12 Mar 2022 9:43 pm
Eh, hospitals are a bit overwhelmed at the moment with COVID patients.

My husband went to a SATA clinic 3 years ago. Any clinic that does medical check up for work/employment/LTVP passes is sufficient. The AIP letter will list down what tests she has to do, bring that & passport to the clinic. And whatever else they list to bring to the clinic.
Thanks MOCHS. You the best

JWNYsg
Regular
Regular

Post by JWNYsg » Wed, 23 Mar 2022 11:42 am

Hi everyone

Got the LTVP+ for 3 years. Happy with outcome overall

I’m in a small pickle now. My Mrs is a domestic engineer. She has no bills under her name as all are paid by me. Wanted to open a bank account with her FIN number but MAS requirements need a proof of address?

Anyone has had similar encounter? Many thanks as always