Singapore Expats

Advised / Suggestion. Chances of getting my SPR as a Malaysian Chinese

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
davidcheong_116

Advised / Suggestion. Chances of getting my SPR as a Malaysian Chinese

Post by davidcheong_116 » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 1:22 pm

Hi guys, hope to get some advise or suggestion from the forum. I have applied for my PR since November 2020 and yet to receive a reply from ICA. Status has been pending for 10months. Many said that chances of me getting approved it's quite high. But i have a friend who recently got rejected after 11months of application, she is working the same job as me but with lower educational level and corporate rank

Some asked why only apply now whereby i have been working in Singapore for the past 5 years. To be honest, i am very concern with the political situation in Malaysia and it is very disheartening to even think of going back. So i made up my mind last year and decided to apply for a PR

I hope some of you guys with experience can give me some advise or thoughts if my chances of getting a PR is high?

Summary of details
Nationality : Malaysian Chinese
Education Level : Tertiary level
Job : Local Bank with gross income of $4K++
Number of years in Singapore : 5 years, filed 4 times tax payment
Current pass holding: S-pass
Any past criminal records or summons : Nil

Thank you

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Advised / Suggestion. Chances of getting my SPR as a Malaysian Chinese

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 9:37 pm

If Tertiary level means at least a degree, than should not be a problem but covid might be slowing it down. However, if Tertiary level mean a diploma (like a Polytech Dipl.) Then I'd put you chances still in the positive but gut feeling puts that at 60~70 %.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

davidcheong_116

Re: Advised / Suggestion. Chances of getting my SPR as a Malaysian Chinese

Post by davidcheong_116 » Sun, 19 Sep 2021 11:20 am

yes i do have a degree. probably like what you said, covid does slow down the application. hmm. thanks for your reply