Singapore Expats

Rejection Reasons

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Rejection Reasons

Post by Ignorant1 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:52 am

Hi,
I am trying to collate various rejection reasons that ICA is giving . this time around , I was actually not entirely disappointed with rejection reason because it says

" You may submit an application again If there is a change in your circumstances ( from the information provided in the application "

I have been mostly been rejected on integration reasons.

Hopefully others can Chip in too.

kjose88

Re: Rejection Reasons

Post by kjose88 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 1:52 pm

Ignorant1 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:52 am
Hi,
I am trying to collate various rejection reasons that ICA is giving . this time around , I was actually not entirely disappointed with rejection reason because it says

" You may submit an application again If there is a change in your circumstances ( from the information provided in the application "

How do you know you were rejected based on integration reasons?

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 2:50 pm

kjose88 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 1:52 pm
Ignorant1 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 11:52 am
Hi,

How do you know you were rejected based on integration reasons?
That’s the best Guess ( besides nationality/race) combined with process of
Elimination.. I don’t do charity work unlike other people Just donations .

Education and economic contribution - we both have masters degree and professional qualifications. I have masters from local University And salaries above 200k each

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:03 pm

Not sure how one can decipher ICA's reasons for rejection if these are not explicitly told,
.. but I am interested to see the kinds of rejection letters that one received (in order to read the tea leaves!)

sp786
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by sp786 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:18 pm

ICA themselves do not ask for any integration documents. If you read their website it says

NOTE: ICA takes into account factors such as the individual's family ties to Singaporeans, economic contributions, qualifications, age, family profile and length of residency, to assess the applicant's ability to contribute to Singapore and integrate into our society, as well as his or her commitment to sinking roots.

That means they assess your ability to integrate based in the factors mentioned in first sentence. There are so many minority race PR approvals who hardly engage in any community activity. There is no way ICA can assess whether you're doing it for PR or out of altruism.

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:42 pm

sp786 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:18 pm
ICA themselves do not ask for any integration documents. If you read their website it says

NOTE: ICA takes into account factors such as the individual's family ties to Singaporeans, economic contributions, qualifications, age, family profile and length of residency, to assess the applicant's ability to contribute to Singapore and integrate into our society, as well as his or her commitment to sinking roots.

That means they assess your ability to integrate based in the factors mentioned in first sentence. There are so many minority race PR approvals who hardly engage in any community activity. There is no way ICA can assess whether you're doing it for PR or out of altruism.
Thanks you .

I understand , for the sake of brevity i kept it short. I am not looking at assessment of profile or suggestions or tips or venting . I am trying to understand if there is any change in communication from Ica in recent days/ months in general .

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:46 pm

lot286 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:03 pm
Not sure how one can decipher ICA's reasons for rejection if these are not explicitly told,
.. but I am interested to see the kinds of rejection letters that one received (in order to read the tea leaves!)
That’s the idea. Maybe I am overthinking, but they can just have a standard letter however this time around it was a different reply .

kjose88

Post by kjose88 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:52 pm

Ignorant1 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:46 pm
lot286 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:03 pm
That’s the idea. Maybe I am overthinking, but they can just have a standard letter however this time around it was a different reply .
Well, all of us know that PR process is a black box and it is designed in such a way that nobody can game the system. Therefore, I doubt they'll reveal anything during the process or even in a rejection message that can affect your chances in next application.

sp786
Regular
Regular

Post by sp786 » Fri, 23 Jul 2021 4:43 pm

Ignorant1 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:42 pm
sp786 wrote:
Fri, 23 Jul 2021 3:18 pm

Thanks you .

I understand , for the sake of brevity i kept it short. I am not looking at assessment of profile or suggestions or tips or venting . I am trying to understand if there is any change in communication from Ica in recent days/ months in general .
Ok but my reply was to clear the air about integration so that other applicants dont overthink and overdo.

Yes ICA's initial rejection letter upto 2019 used to have wordings similar to those in italics above while since this year they've changed it to "if there is any significant change to your situation or circumstance".

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 2:29 am

Looks like a standard template as always. And seems like they are merely stating the obvious. Not worth splitting hairs over.

As for the integration bit - my take is that most Indians fail to integrate and hence are not considered for PR. Some get it despite not integrating because they obviously tick enough of other boxes. And lastly a handful do actually integrate - the ICA can tell that because they are married to citizens. If this last group ticks enough of other boxes and are married long enough (not marriage of convenience), then they are good candidates for PR.

sp786
Regular
Regular

Post by sp786 » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 11:45 am

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 24 Jul 2021 2:29 am
Looks like a standard template as always. And seems like they are merely stating the obvious. Not worth splitting hairs over.

As for the integration bit - my take is that most Indians fail to integrate and hence are not considered for PR. Some get it despite not integrating because they obviously tick enough of other boxes. And lastly a handful do actually integrate - the ICA can tell that because they are married to citizens. If this last group ticks enough of other boxes and are married long enough (not marriage of convenience), then they are good candidates for PR.
Agree it is fair to equate integration to family ties alone. Hope the OP doesnt fall into the traps set by PR agencies for integration with ridiculous suggestions .

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 12:32 pm

sp786 wrote:
Sat, 24 Jul 2021 11:45 am
smoulder wrote:

Agree it is fair to equate integration to family ties alone. Hope the OP doesnt fall into the traps set by PR agencies for integration with ridiculous suggestions .
Yes. There seem to be 2 obvious ways that the ICA can assess ability to integrate.

1. Malaysian applicants
2. Family ties

Maybe there are others out there, but I for one cannot think what they could be. Certainly, social work (or whatever they term it) has been rendered useless for reasons that are stated often in these forums.

I don't know what these agencies are telling people about integration, but from the accounts I have read here, they seem to be full of sh1t.

sp786
Regular
Regular

Post by sp786 » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 12:35 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 24 Jul 2021 12:32 pm
sp786 wrote:
Sat, 24 Jul 2021 11:45 am
smoulder wrote:

Yes. There seem to be 2 obvious ways that the ICA can assess ability to integrate.

1. Malaysian applicants
2. Family ties

Maybe there are others out there, but I for one cannot think what they could be. Certainly, social work (or whatever they term it) has been rendered useless for reasons that are stated often in these forums.

I don't know what these agencies are telling people about integration, but from the accounts I have read here, they seem to be full of sh1t.
That highlighted phrase is so true lol. :lol:

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 5:30 pm

'Change in circumstances' I think only few things could change - job, salary, additional new members in family, marital status..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sp786
Regular
Regular

Post by sp786 » Sat, 24 Jul 2021 9:06 pm

abbby wrote:
Sat, 24 Jul 2021 5:30 pm
'Change in circumstances' I think only few things could change - job, salary, additional new members in family, marital status..
Good point. Do you think it would also.mean whether existing work pass would be renewed by MoM?