Singapore Expats

PR Approved 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
M2KK

Re: PR Approved 2021

Post by M2KK » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 2:58 pm

CJtheBear wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 5:29 pm
My daughter (18y/o) started schooling here from primary 3, now on JC2.

Applied PR last August 2019 as student.
Got approval October 2020.
Applied SGC last month (15May2021)
Received SGC IPA this month.
She will have her SG passport when she reached 21. By now, she is advised not to renounce her citizenship yet until she reached 21.
My daughter (ex-PR Indonesian Chinese) obtained her SG citizenship at the age of 5. As a minor she does not need to go through the citizenship journey. She will have to take the ORAL (Oath thingy) between the age of 21 and 22 though, which is stated clearly in her Certificate of Singapore Citizenship. She has her SG passport, applied with Certificate of SC, do not need to wait till she is 21yo. Hence, she now has dual citizenship until she reached 21.

As a minor (under 21yo) she couldn’t renounce her Indonesian citizenship even if she wanted to. Neither could we, as her parents, renounce it on her behalf.

That being said, your daughter’s case is the fastest SC approval I’ve read in this forum, so maybe different criteria.

serendipity_2020

Post by serendipity_2020 » Wed, 30 Jun 2021 8:34 am

sonnabend wrote:
Sun, 13 Jun 2021 1:50 am
I finally got mine approved! Time to give back to the community :D

9 Sept 2020 Applied
20 April 2021 Received an email from ICA to request for my brother's employment history
27 April 2021 Uploaded a letter written and signed by myself stating my brother's employment history
17 May 2021 Submit requested document button disappeared - Started panicking and started praying Three Hail Mary Novena for 9 consecutive days :shock:
13 June 2021 Checked online at midnight 12:01 and saw that the status is approved; approval date stated as 10 June. I think I am one of the minority who only receive the outcome more than 3 weeks after the disappearance of the button.

My profile:
28 years old Chinese Indonesian single male
10 years in Singapore (7 years student's pass and 3 years EP)
Diploma in Music from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
Bachelor of Business from Singapore Management University
Currently working as operations manager in an institute of higher learning drawing monthly salary of $2850

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting 😊
Hey sonnabend, just out of curiousity, you’re holding an EP with $2850 salary? Thought there’s min $3,600 for EP holder

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 30 Jun 2021 10:31 am

serendipity_2020 wrote:
Wed, 30 Jun 2021 8:34 am
sonnabend wrote:
Sun, 13 Jun 2021 1:50 am
I finally got mine approved! Time to give back to the community :D

9 Sept 2020 Applied
20 April 2021 Received an email from ICA to request for my brother's employment history
27 April 2021 Uploaded a letter written and signed by myself stating my brother's employment history
17 May 2021 Submit requested document button disappeared - Started panicking and started praying Three Hail Mary Novena for 9 consecutive days :shock:
13 June 2021 Checked online at midnight 12:01 and saw that the status is approved; approval date stated as 10 June. I think I am one of the minority who only receive the outcome more than 3 weeks after the disappearance of the button.

My profile:
28 years old Chinese Indonesian single male
10 years in Singapore (7 years student's pass and 3 years EP)
Diploma in Music from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
Bachelor of Business from Singapore Management University
Currently working as operations manager in an institute of higher learning drawing monthly salary of $2850

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting 😊
Hey sonnabend, just out of curiousity, you’re holding an EP with $2850 salary? Thought there’s min $3,600 for EP holder
There is some slight discount if they have graduated from a public university in SG and a few more factors where lower salary is still acceptable when they begin their career.

sonnabend

Post by sonnabend » Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:56 am

Hi serendipity, singaporeflyer is right, because international students in public unis in SG usually have 3 years bond obligation to fulfill upon graduation. My other classmates managed to get their EP approved with salary ranging from 2.7k to 3.3k. Actually my initial EP application was rejected, but my company appealed attaching letter from my uni and the agreement I signed with MOE and it was approved after that.

aakash32017

Post by aakash32017 » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 9:32 pm

Whowevr it may help, my application got approved revently 7 months 10 days. Thanks guys! Applied around Nov end and approved this month

aakash32017

Post by aakash32017 » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 9:36 pm

Details wise:

Myself - Indian, 4 years in SG, 100k+ salary, 35
Wife - SC chinese, salary 50K, 34
Marriage - Sep 2020, applied PR Nov 2020 approved July 2021
Pr application - Spouce scheme

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 9:43 pm

aakash32017 wrote:
Wed, 07 Jul 2021 9:36 pm
Details wise:

Myself - Indian, 4 years in SG, 100k+ salary, 35
Wife - SC chinese, salary 50K, 34
Marriage - Sep 2020, applied PR Nov 2020 approved July 2021
Pr application - Spouce scheme
Was going to ask. The only surprise is the number of years of marriage. Conventional wisdom says to wait at least 2 years after marriage so that the gahmen knows that it's not a marriage of convenience.

Otherwise, no surprises that they chose to give a PR to someone who is proving his ability to integrate vs someone with a much higher salary but who is more likely to stay in an Indian bubble.

Congrats by the way.

aakash32017

Post by aakash32017 » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 11:39 pm

Thanks to add more about march we closed a deal on resale hdb flat where myself and my wife were borrower not sure if this helped too but just adding

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 07 Jul 2021 11:43 pm

Not sure what others think, but I feel that it could have helped to signal that you two are really in it for marriage and not for convenience.

ololo

Post by ololo » Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:57 am

Hope it can be useful for someone.
Just received approval 2 weeks ago. Applied in February 2021 (yes, we are also very surprised it was so fast).
Previously applied in December 2017 and received rejection after 9 months.

We are a family of three (husband, myself and 2-years old), Russian, both working in a local company.
5 years in Singapore, my husband has a Master's Degree in Engineering and Technology.

Good luck to everyone!

unclechai

Post by unclechai » Thu, 22 Jul 2021 8:22 pm

Adding a data point since we’ve been lurkers that have benefitted from this forum.

Applicants
1. Spouse: Late 30s
Education: PhD in engineering from local university. MS, BS from mid-tier public university in the US.
Race: Others, Caucasian, North American
Length of stay: 7 years
Pass history:
⁃ 4 years on student pass
⁃ 3 years on ICA LTVP with PLOC; SPR spouse sponsorship
Tax assessments: 1 at time of application, 2nd released the month after

2. 2 preschool-age daughters
⁃ One due to start primary school
⁃ Stayed on 1-year ICA LTVP from SPR parent sponsorship

Sponsor -
Education: Same as applicant spouse
Race: Others, ASEAN country citizen (non-Chinese)
Tax assessments: 2 at time of application, 3rd released the month after

Salary: Median salaries for both in the range of 60-80k/year
Length of marriage: A little over 6 years at time of application
PR Application route: Family sponsorship
Attempts: 2. First attempt in 2015 with one child, < 1 year of marriage, student status and before we were enlightened by this forum ;)

Date of application: First week of March, 2021
Approval: End of June, 2021

The 4 month turnaround was very surprising given race, relatively average salary (good likelihood it’s below average if benchmarked against industry salaries and quals), early career status, and COVID. Our understanding is that the family ties route is easier. We had anecdotal evidence of similar race profiles in our circle from this application pathway that hadn’t had a response after a year so the response time was unexpected.

ICA didn't ask for any additional attachments of references. Hope this helps and wishing all applicants the best!

Brithary

Post by Brithary » Tue, 03 Aug 2021 8:58 pm

Hi all

Interested in your thoughts on the probability of approval for my PR application.

Applied in June 2021 - sponsored by my spouse who is a citizen. He is in banking, high salary.

At time of application, my husband and I were in the process of getting everything ready to relocate to Singapore from Australia. I will apply for LTVP when I arrive in Singapore at end of August to bridge my STVP & PR application time.

Ethnicity: Chinese-Indonesian
Nationality: Australian
Employment: currently unemployed (resigned in advance of relocation), but qualified as Australian Solicitor, 5yrs PQE.
Education: Bachelor of Laws/Commerce
Length of marriage: 3 years in October 2021.

I am also currently pregnant - our baby to be born in January will be a singaporean citizen.

Anxiously waiting to hear the result of my PR application so I can return to work after the baby is born. I hear that EPs are hard to get now in light of covid.

TIA!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 03 Aug 2021 9:59 pm

Brithary wrote:
Tue, 03 Aug 2021 8:58 pm
Hi all

Interested in your thoughts on the probability of approval for my PR application.

Applied in June 2021 - sponsored by my spouse who is a citizen. He is in banking, high salary.

At time of application, my husband and I were in the process of getting everything ready to relocate to Singapore from Australia. I will apply for LTVP when I arrive in Singapore at end of August to bridge my STVP & PR application time.

Ethnicity: Chinese-Indonesian
Nationality: Australian
Employment: currently unemployed (resigned in advance of relocation), but qualified as Australian Solicitor, 5yrs PQE.
Education: Bachelor of Laws/Commerce
Length of marriage: 3 years in October 2021.

I am also currently pregnant - our baby to be born in January will be a singaporean citizen.

Anxiously waiting to hear the result of my PR application so I can return to work after the baby is born. I hear that EPs are hard to get now in light of covid.

TIA!
You will get it. If rejected (just this attempt), you can still work on LTVP. EP is not needed.

Brithary

Post by Brithary » Wed, 04 Aug 2021 9:19 am

Thanks so much for responding! That gives me a lot of comfort. I’ll try for LTVP when I arrive too. Thanks!

kaygr

Post by kaygr » Thu, 05 Aug 2021 4:53 pm

Hi!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I wanted to get your thoughts on my situation. I understand that there are some common patterns around PR approvals but there's no black and white so well aware that I could face rejection.

Dillema: I'm considering a new role which will mean a new EP application in about a month or two. Am I risking rejection on both applications or is it usually just one or the other that might get rejected. Should I pass up on the offer? Its a significantly higher salary and bigger title/responsibility. Would applying for LTVP be a better option over an EP if my PR is rejected?

Profile:
Current status: I'm currently on an EP which is up for renewal in Jan 2022. pending PR application submitted end of May under Spouse scheme

Myself: F, early 30s
Education: BA from a top public uni in US
Work: Marketing Snr Mgr in a large, regional company headquartered in SG
Background: Indian, Malaysian
Length of stay: 4.5 years on EP

Spouse (Sponsor): M, late 30s
Education: Post Grad, Uni in SG
Work: Civil Servant
Background Indian, SC

Married: Nov 2020
PR application: End May 2021