Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LYS

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by LYS » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 2:35 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:29 pm
LYS wrote:
Sat, 30 Oct 2021 9:37 am
Hi experts,
would like to seek for your advise and possibilities of approval for one of my friend as below profile:

Age 34
Nationality: malaysian
Race: Chinese
Education: diploma in engineering
Salary: 60k yearly (based on last year IRAS tax)
WorkPass: S Pass
Length of stay in SG: 6.6 years
Length of working in SG: 6.6 years
Marriage Status: Single
PR Application: he is going to apply and this is 1st time
IRAS assessment: 2016 till now
Current company size: MNC
Should be ok. Fair chance
Thank you @singaporeflyer
May I seek for your comments too? @sundaymorningstaple

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Oct 2021 2:39 pm

I concur with SF.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

moleicafe

Post by moleicafe » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 4:47 pm

Hi experts,
I would like to seek for your advise and possibilities of approval please.

Nationality: Chinese
Education: PSLE, O Level, Currently doing Diploma in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics (Year 2)
Achievements: (idk if it matters but I don't have any salary or occupation to put) Top in O'Level A Maths
LTVP: Student Pass
Length of stay in SG: 10 years
PR Application: The next time is going to be 4th.
Step-dad is SC and Mom is PR.

Another question is that if my mom and I apply for SC together, is it possible? I read that to apply for SC you have to be SPR for 2 years first. So im not really sure if I can skip that by applying for SC together with my mom. If its impossible I would not waste my time trying for SC...

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 5:37 pm

moleicafe wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 4:47 pm
Hi experts,

Education: PSLE, O Level, Currently doing Diploma in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics (Year 2)
Achievements: (idk if it matters but I don't have any salary or occupation to put) Top in O'Level A Maths

Another question is that if my mom and I apply for SC together, is it possible? I read that to apply for SC you have to be SPR for 2 years first. So im not really sure if I can skip that by applying for SC together with my mom. If its impossible I would not waste my time trying for SC...
Your dad can apply for PR for you and SC for your mother. If in case your PR is rejected, please reapply 2 years after you start to work in SG.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 5:38 pm

moleicafe wrote:Hi experts,

Why your mother is PR while you in student pass?
When she apply PR , did she include you?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

moleicafe

Post by moleicafe » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 6:06 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 5:37 pm
moleicafe wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 4:47 pm
Hi experts,

Your dad can apply for PR for you and SC for your mother. If in case your PR is rejected, please reapply 2 years after you start to work in SG.
Should I apply again in january 2022 or wait until 2 years after I start work in SG? I have been rejected 3 times already

moleicafe

Post by moleicafe » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 6:07 pm

therat wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 5:38 pm
moleicafe wrote:Hi experts,

Why your mother is PR while you in student pass?
When she apply PR , did she include you?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
She did not. She moved here to SG 3 years before me.

SP028710

Post by SP028710 » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 6:46 pm

Hi everyone
I would like to get your opinion on my chances for a PR approval
Nationality - India
Length of stay in singapore - since 2014
Salary : 150K+(Fixed component without bonus)
Industry - financial services
Family status - living with my daughter (3 year old)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 31 Oct 2021 7:24 pm

SP028710 wrote:
Sun, 31 Oct 2021 6:46 pm
Hi everyone
I would like to get your opinion on my chances for a PR approval
Nationality - India
Length of stay in singapore - since 2014
Salary : 150K+(Fixed component without bonus)
Industry - financial services
Family status - living with my daughter (3 year old)
Not going to be easy. First application for PR?

emily.le

Post by emily.le » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 9:49 am

Thanks @singaporeflyer
May I have your thoughts too @sundaymorningstaple

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 10:26 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 27 Oct 2021 12:27 pm
emily.le wrote:
Wed, 27 Oct 2021 10:16 am
Hi,
Still waiting on my PR application. Submitted in Mar 2021.

Myself (Main Applicant)
Age 39
Nationality: Malaysian Chinese Male
Education: ITE Certificate
Salary: 84k yearly
Pass: Employment Pass
Years in Singapore: 11+ years

My spouse
Nationality: Vietnamese
Education: Master Degree (in Singapore)
Salary: 40k yearly
Pass: S Pass
Years in Singapore: 11+ years

2 children age 9 yrs (boy) & 6 yrs (girl) are under Dependent Pass and in local Primary school.
Living in Singapore since they were born till now.

Would appreciate any thoughts.
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 27 Oct 2021 4:37 pm
emily.le wrote:
Wed, 27 Oct 2021 2:16 pm
@singaporeflyer! Thanks for asking. We applied few years ago but the result was rejected.
The rejected letter stated: thanks for your application however it was unsuccessful. You still can continue stay here on your valid passes...
Fair chance now.
Is this your first application?
What pass were you on when you applied for PR the 1st time (the one that was rejected)? If on S pass that may have been the reason. (also educational level may have been a factor - Malaysian Chinese normally have an easy run if holding a degree. Diploma and/or ITE a little be harder.

If your were currently married with child/children but only applied for yourself, then the rejection may well have been because of applying only for yourself an not the whole family.

If you were on an S pass before and are on a EP holding a decent salary AND applied for the whole family you odds should be better. Maybe less if you applied only for yourself.

Other than the above notes the only other thing that might factor in (but from my experience of trying for many years to help my accounting clerk to get PR, it could also be your wife's nationality as Singapore does seem to have some bias there. Your salary, race/nationality, position, all are positive except for the issues I've mentioned, so wish you luck and let us know how it turns out. Our readers are out database.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

marauder141

Post by marauder141 » Mon, 01 Nov 2021 8:11 pm

Just adding a datapoint:

Nationality: Indonesian
Pass: EP
Salary: 106k
Working in Singapore for 4 years prior to applying, but studying in Singapore from secondary school to university. Working abroad before finally starting working in Singapore.

PR applied in June 2020. Received an email from ICA to share a family CV in Sep 2021. The upload button disappeared soon after and finally, the status changed to "Approved" and I received the IPA in my letterbox in Oct 2021. Now doing the formalities.

Best of luck everyone!

RevicePang

Post by RevicePang » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 11:54 am

Hello Everyone!

Thought I would like to share our PR application story. :)

So my wife's pr application got approved on 28th September 2021, after 7 months and 26 days of waiting.

Here's the backstory:

I am a Singaporean Chinese, born and raised in Singapore, 26 years old, annual salary around 50k, graduated with a local degree, working experience 2 years plus.

My wife is Indonesian Chinese, 24 years old, have been in Singapore since 2015, graduated with a local diploma in fashion. She has a study bond of 3 years to fulfil.

So back in feb 2020, my wife was rendered jobless after her company closed down due to Covid-19. She was previously employed for nearly 1 year and 2 months. Hence, her s pass was canceled. Therefore, she had to apply a LTVP provided by MOE that is valid for a year in order for her to search for a job, but to no avail as no one wanna hire s pass holder.

We decided to get married on jan 2021 firstly so that we can eventually settle down and apply bto/sbf, and secondly so that she can continue to stay in singapore and also finish her study bond.

So right after we got married on jan 2021, we immediately applied for a new LTVP for my wife, sponsored by me. The LTVP got approved within 3 weeks.

Right after the approval of LTVP, we went on to apply PR for my wife on 3rd feb 2021. We then approached our MP to write in a letter for us, in which she did it promptly thankfully and gratefully.

By may 2021, my wife is able to secure a job as a fashion designer under LOC and my salary had an increase too, which we updated ICA too via email.

Subsequently, my wife's pr application got approved on 28th September 2021.

So in a nutshell, here are some of the factors that might have contributed to my wife's successful pr application:

1) She's been here for close to 6 years
2) She's young (possibly can conceive more to the sg population and National Service haha)
3) She's married to a Singaporean with stable, promising income
4) Demonstrated interest in settling down in Singapore
5) MP's letter
6) Local diploma
7) Remaining study bond
8) Nationality (neighbouring countries probably have higher chance of pr approval)

I think overall, its to see how well is the applicant assimilated into Singapore's culture, and how willing is the applicant to settle down and call Singapore home, and how much you can contribute to Singapore's economy.

I must say, what I think it's definitely Not the factor is probably the fact that she is chinese like what some mentioned over here.

Cheers to everyone who is applying or in the midst applying pr. :)

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 12:25 pm

RevicePang wrote:
Tue, 02 Nov 2021 11:54 am
Hello Everyone!

Thought I would like to share our PR application story. :)

So my wife's pr application got approved on 28th September 2021, after 7 months and 26 days of waiting.

Here's the backstory:

I am a Singaporean Chinese, born and raised in Singapore, 26 years old, annual salary around 50k, graduated with a local degree, working experience 2 years plus.

My wife is Indonesian Chinese, 24 years old, have been in Singapore since 2015, graduated with a local diploma in fashion. She has a study bond of 3 years to fulfil.

So back in feb 2020, my wife was rendered jobless after her company closed down due to Covid-19. She was previously employed for nearly 1 year and 2 months. Hence, her s pass was canceled. Therefore, she had to apply a LTVP provided by MOE that is valid for a year in order for her to search for a job, but to no avail as no one wanna hire s pass holder.

We decided to get married on jan 2021 firstly so that we can eventually settle down and apply bto/sbf, and secondly so that she can continue to stay in singapore and also finish her study bond.

So right after we got married on jan 2021, we immediately applied for a new LTVP for my wife, sponsored by me. The LTVP got approved within 3 weeks.

Right after the approval of LTVP, we went on to apply PR for my wife on 3rd feb 2021. We then approached our MP to write in a letter for us, in which she did it promptly thankfully and gratefully.

By may 2021, my wife is able to secure a job as a fashion designer under LOC and my salary had an increase too, which we updated ICA too via email.

Subsequently, my wife's pr application got approved on 28th September 2021.

So in a nutshell, here are some of the factors that might have contributed to my wife's successful pr application:

1) She's been here for close to 6 years
2) She's young (possibly can conceive more to the sg population and National Service haha)
3) She's married to a Singaporean with stable, promising income
4) Demonstrated interest in settling down in Singapore
5) MP's letter
6) Local diploma
7) Remaining study bond
8) Nationality (neighbouring countries probably have higher chance of pr approval)

I think overall, its to see how well is the applicant assimilated into Singapore's culture, and how willing is the applicant to settle down and call Singapore home, and how much you can contribute to Singapore's economy.

I must say, what I think it's definitely Not the factor is probably the fact that she is chinese like what some mentioned over here.

Cheers to everyone who is applying or in the midst applying pr. :)
Why would you think that? I think it is indeed an important factor. Definitely a box that was ticked in addition to some of the others that you mentioned. Ultimately, everyone would fall into their respective race quotas and the Chinese quota is the biggest by far.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 12:37 pm

First of all, Congratulations!

However, I don't want to burst your bubble but Items 4, 5, 7 actually didn't help at all. We know for a fact 5 is useless, even when written to review a rejected application. Four didn't help and very well could have been a negative factor as the speed at which you applied would have a look to ICA as a marriage of convenience so as to be able to stay for her bond. ICA doesn't care about broken bonds. Until they return to Singapore. However, because she had to apply using Family Ties (she would have be outright rejected had she tried to use the PTS scheme) this also might have gone against her, but the fact (much to your error in thought processes)that her ethnicity & Nationality is the primary reason why she was approved. 1 & 2 also helped for sure. On the downside, you income is a bit on the low side, especially if she were to get pregnant and could not work. Unless you are living with your parents still and not independent yet.

if you don't think her race has a bearing on it, sad to say, you are a bit naive. It's even been brought up in parliament how they use the current racial demographics as a primary method of controlling immigration numbers of the various races. You really should listen to the news sometimes. And they have also noted that Chinese, especially Malaysian & Indonesian are the most desirable, in the order listed, as they assimilate the easiest with Malaysian Chinese being the easiest as there is virtually zero difference between the two.

The reason I'm taking the time to tell you this is because for our readers I need to dispel some of the information you have given as it is patently incorrect. We have tons of anecdotal evidence to the contrary in addition to what the government as also said in public. But again, congratulations. It is definitely a time for celebrations.