Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time Sep/Oct 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
NewOne1

Re: EP Processing Time Sep/Oct 2020

Post by NewOne1 » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 3:53 pm

Any more recent examples of EP processing time from the last couple of months?

Mine was applied for last Monday 12th.

tabby17

Post by tabby17 » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 4:36 pm

netjagan wrote:
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 2:40 pm
I also hear that - Degree certificate checks are requested now. In case someone is applying for EP, better initiate for the Cert verification parallelly.
Degree checks are only required if your university is not listed in the automatic/drop-down box in the EP application - both my universities (for bachelors/masters) in the UK were autofilled when I typed in the first few letters and it seems to have gone through fine.

even called MOM after approval to ask if they wanted me to bring copies of my degree(s)/transcripts to card registration but no need as it's all been done from their end.

quirkykiddo

Post by quirkykiddo » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 8:25 pm

My Spass got rejected today after exactly 21 days. I don't live in Singapore so I think the reason should be COVID. The HR team still has to get back to me on this. Hope the appeal thing works out.

netjagan

Post by netjagan » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:29 pm

tabby17 wrote:
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 4:36 pm
netjagan wrote:
I also hear that - Degree certificate checks are requested now. In case someone is applying for EP, better initiate for the Cert verification parallelly.
Degree checks are only required if your university is not listed in the automatic/drop-down box in the EP application - both my universities (for bachelors/masters) in the UK were autofilled when I typed in the first few letters and it seems to have gone through fine.

even called MOM after approval to ask if they wanted me to bring copies of my degree(s)/transcripts to card registration but no need as it's all been done from their end.

True, but the universities are available in the Dropdown & also he had his EP before by submitting the same certificates. Maybe it was a random pick.

shunkwugga

Post by shunkwugga » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:36 am

Approved 2 days ago, total took 15 days from application to IPA.
Who is this 'General Failure' and why is he reading my hard drive?

Nycsing

Post by Nycsing » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 10:29 pm

Applied on oct 3 got additional queries today about the company I.e financial statements etc.
Anyone with experience of relatively new company?

xsatishx

Post by xsatishx » Wed, 28 Oct 2020 1:02 pm

Hello

I recently got an offer with one of the top companies. I am already in Singapore and the company will be applying for a new EP. Anyone from here had their EP rejected in the recent times when they are already working in Singapore and switching jobs?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Oct 2020 12:05 am

Yep. Can happen to anyone as each application is treated on it's own merits as well on the Employer's merits and track record as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vivalavida1

Post by vivalavida1 » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 6:27 pm

My timeline for EP processing:

- EP application date: 16th Oct
- Approval date: 26th Oct

Currently in SG. All the best to everyone!

xsatishx

Post by xsatishx » Mon, 02 Nov 2020 3:10 pm

vivalavida1 wrote:
Sat, 31 Oct 2020 6:27 pm
My timeline for EP processing:

- EP application date: 16th Oct
- Approval date: 26th Oct

Currently in SG. All the best to everyone!
Hi
Congratulations.
Can you give some background on your profile? Did you change jobs ? IS it a big company?
Salary range above 8k, 10k, 12k etc?

skeeting

Post by skeeting » Sun, 15 Nov 2020 4:16 pm

I'm currently in Singapore and changing employers - new company applied for EP, approved on the 6th working day. Now we are waiting for the DPs (previously DP took 1 day but this time already 2 working days so far)

geok.ping

Post by geok.ping » Mon, 23 Nov 2020 9:34 pm

My company has applied EP for me on 19/11/2020. However, the validity of my special pass is until 09/12/2020 as my previous company has cancelled my EP on 9/11/2020.
Is there any way I can extend my visit pass? I have applied to extend it via ICA website but it was rejected.

ai_dai

Post by ai_dai » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 8:27 pm

tabby17 wrote:
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 4:36 pm
netjagan wrote:

Hi, quick question. Is this rule a new rule or it has been like this for quite some time?

I applied for my EP in 2019 and they didn't request any verification. But now my new company says that they cannot apply for EP without having the degree verification? My BA university is in the autofill but not my MSc degree. Would this be problematic? I don't have much time because my old EP will be canceled around late Dec. Do you think I would have the time to do degree verification?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 2:19 am

Not all degrees from universities are always recognized. Some Universities only have degrees in certain disciplines that are recognized here. So just saying you graduated from XXXX university doesn't necessarily mean you are through on academics. This had happened with a fairly large number of degrees from some Asian & S. Asian countries.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ai_dai

Post by ai_dai » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 7:35 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 02 Dec 2020 2:19 am
Not all degrees from universities are always recognized. Some Universities only have degrees in certain disciplines that are recognized here. So just saying you graduated from XXXX university doesn't necessarily mean you are through on academics. This had happened with a fairly large number of degrees from some Asian & S. Asian countries.
Thanks for the reply. I understand the concept and totally agree. Let me breakdown my questions into two.
1) My MSc university is not on the drop-down list but I was not requested to provide a degree verification in early 2019 when I first applied for EP. Have there been any new rules regarding the fact that "if the university is not on the list you must provide a degree verification" or is it one of the unwritten rules? I checked MOM's website but the closest is https://www.mom.gov.sg/-/media/mom/docu ... ations.pdf that doesn't say anything about requiring "degree verification in case the university is not in the list"

2) My company has a 3rd party consulting/law firm to help us through the EP application. I told them that we can apply for the EP without the degree verification at hand and apply for the degree verification at the same time. So that both processes start in parallel and we don't lose time. The 3rd party company told me that they "cannot" apply without the degree verification. Is it true? I read in this forum multiple times that it is suggested to do both RMI and EP application in parallel. Is the consulting firm right?