Singapore Expats

Apply for PR and LTVP 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yueyang.tan

Apply for PR and LTVP 2020

Post by yueyang.tan » Wed, 26 Aug 2020 9:58 pm

Hi guys,

I’m here to ask what Pass should I apply for my wife first.

1) ltvp first follow by pr
Or
2) straight to pr

Details about us:

We’ve know each other for 3 years , 10 months.
Just ROM for a month.

Me (26 years old Singaporean)
-Working in the bank as an analyst
-Annual salary: $42k (Excluded bonus, allowance).
-Worked for 1 year already.
-Highest qualification: Degree

My wife (24 years old korean)
-Working as Quantity Surveyor for a construction company.
-Annual $31.2k (Excluded bonus, allowance)
-Worked for 1 year already.
-Currently holding “S Pass” only.
-Highest qualification: Degree
-studied + lived + work in Singapore total: 4years+ already.

-Pre-marriage ltvp applied and approved by ICA. (Reason why I applied first is cause I’m worried she will quit her job, there’s an option 2 for her to get her visa).

Questions: 1) Do you guys think that we should just skip the ltvp and just go for pr application?
2) what are the chances of her getting PR (High/Low).

Please help a little brother out. Thanks guys!
Last edited by yueyang.tan on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: Apply for PR and LTVP 2020

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 26 Aug 2020 10:17 pm

If your PMLA is approved, then apply for LTVP. It’ll have a high chance of being approved.

Check the other threads, one guy applied PR for his wife 2 months after marriage and got rejected. Applied for LTVP and it was approved.

Recommended to apply for PR after 3 years of marriage to show ICA that your marriage is stable. Any lesser and ICA will think your wife married you just for the PR. Too many people in the past gamed the PR system via marriage and ICA is cautious about it now.

Even I am also waiting for 3 years of marriage to apply PR for my husband. Right now I’m happy that he’s on LTVP.

yueyang.tan

Post by yueyang.tan » Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:38 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Wed, 26 Aug 2020 10:17 pm
If your PMLA is approved, then apply for LTVP. It’ll have a high chance of being approved.

Check the other threads, one guy applied PR for his wife 2 months after marriage and got rejected. Applied for LTVP and it was approved.

Recommended to apply for PR after 3 years of marriage to show ICA that your marriage is stable. Any lesser and ICA will think your wife married you just for the PR. Too many people in the past gamed the PR system via marriage and ICA is cautious about it now.

Even I am also waiting for 3 years of marriage to apply PR for my husband. Right now I’m happy that he’s on LTVP.

Hi, thanks for your reply! Anyway did you try to apply PR for your husband for the past years when your husband is holding his ltvp? Or you just gonna wait for the 3 years mark. Just curious though.

fairy tale

Post by fairy tale » Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:44 pm

Hi! Just want to add on. My female collague (Japanase) at married Singaporean man last year. At that time she’s spass holder.

Just months after married, she straight away apply for PR and after wait for quite sometime she got her PR approve (by that time she already pregnant also).

Initially I also thought why so fast applying PR just month after married, but well ended up she got her PR. So I think it really depends by ICA staff 😅
Last edited by fairy tale on Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fairy tale

Post by fairy tale » Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:46 pm

Sorry double post!

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 27 Aug 2020 4:28 pm

yueyang.tan wrote:
Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:38 pm
Anyway did you try to apply PR for your husband for the past years when your husband is holding his ltvp? Or you just gonna wait for the 3 years mark.
I actively searched through this forum before I applied for my husband’s LTVP and have searched regarding PR via spouse sponsorship. I am inclined to believe the veterans here and will not waste money on an application that has a pretty high possibility of rejection. We will instead take time during these 3 years to improve our chances of getting the PR approved. What those chances are, you can easily gleam from reading the various posts.
fairy tale wrote:
Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:44 pm
Hi! Just want to add on. My female collague (Japanase) at married Singaporean man last year. At that time she’s spass holder.

Just months after married, she straight away apply for PR and after wait for quite sometime she got her PR approve (by that time she already pregnant also).

Initially I also thought why so fast applying PR just month after married, but well ended up she got her PR. So I think it really depends by ICA staff 😅
All applications are on case by case basis. We don’t know anything else about your colleague. Whether she had been here for years, studied here, salary, spouse’s details, etc.

Pregnancy does not equate to instant PR. There are cases in the news where a foreigner spouse has been here for years, gave birth to Singaporean children, but still no PR.

zhen.83

Post by zhen.83 » Tue, 08 Sep 2020 1:24 pm

Dear all,

I need your help on LTVP and PR chances for my husband.

I have made an online application for PR for my husband on Apr 2020.
Whilst I wait for the result, I am wondering whether I should also apply for the LTVP in case the PR application is rejected - is it possible to make more than one applications?

If it is possible to make more than one application at the same time do I need to update my PR application so as to inform the authorities that I have also now made a LTVP application?

Husband Profile
Malaysian / $1700 / Sales Demonstrator currently under WP / work in sg from Dec 2018, his wp expire in Dec 2020)

My Profile
SC (Original Malaysian,PR granted Jun 2014 & SC granted on Oct 2019) /$2650 / Admin /
ROM 12.12.2019
I do pay tax every year, and we just got our own house HDB 3-rooms flat on April 2020.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Thank You
NG

yueyang.tan

Post by yueyang.tan » Fri, 11 Sep 2020 10:36 pm

zhen.83 wrote:
Tue, 08 Sep 2020 1:24 pm
Dear all,

Whilst I wait for the result, I am wondering whether I should also apply for the LTVP in case the PR application is rejected - is it possible to make more than one applications?

If it is possible to make more than one application at the same time do I need to update my PR application so as to inform the authorities that I have also now made a LTVP application?

Husband Profile
Malaysian / $1700 / Sales Demonstrator currently under WP / work in sg from Dec 2018, his wp expire in Dec 2020)

My Profile
SC (Original Malaysian,PR granted Jun 2014 & SC granted on Oct 2019) /$2650 / Admin /
ROM 12.12.2019
I do pay tax every year, and we just got our own house HDB 3-rooms flat on April 2020.

Thank You
NG
Wow how did you even get pr and sc with that salary. I read a lot of post in this forum that it’s damn hard to get with that salary.

yueyang.tan

Post by yueyang.tan » Fri, 11 Sep 2020 11:10 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Thu, 27 Aug 2020 4:28 pm
yueyang.tan wrote:
Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:38 pm
Anyway did you try to apply PR for your husband for the past years when your husband is holding his ltvp? Or you just gonna wait for the 3 years mark.
I actively searched through this forum before I applied for my husband’s LTVP and have searched regarding PR via spouse sponsorship. I am inclined to believe the veterans here and will not waste money on an application that has a pretty high possibility of rejection. We will instead take time during these 3 years to improve our chances of getting the PR approved. What those chances are, you can easily gleam from reading the various posts.
fairy tale wrote:
Thu, 27 Aug 2020 3:44 pm

All applications are on case by case basis. We don’t know anything else about your colleague. Whether she had been here for years, studied here, salary, spouse’s details, etc.

Pregnancy does not equate to instant PR. There are cases in the news where a foreigner spouse has been here for years, gave birth to Singaporean children, but still no PR.

Hey Miss @mochs just want to ask you, are all Singaporean’s spouses be granted ltvp+ automatically? Because I can’t seems to find the application for ltvp+ but only ltvp instead. And may I know are all spouses of Singaporean’s will need to renew their ltvp+ every 3 years is it? Or every year. Sorry to ask you such a noob question. ^^

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Sun, 13 Sep 2020 9:45 am

yueyang.tan wrote: Hey Miss @mochs just want to ask you, are all Singaporean’s spouses be granted ltvp+ automatically? Because I can’t seems to find the application for ltvp+ but only ltvp instead. And may I know are all spouses of Singaporean’s will need to renew their ltvp+ every 3 years is it? Or every year. Sorry to ask you such a noob question. ^^
LTVP+ is only granted to foreigner spouses that have been married to their SC spouse for at least 3 years. Based on my initial application and renewal, I did not see any option to choose it in the application form and it could automatically granted by ICA once they see the marriage has lasted for at least 3 years. That is speculation on my part, I’ve only been married for a year and my husband got 1 year LTVP each for his first application and the renewal. I renewed my husband’s LTVP about 3 months before expiry.

zhen.83

Post by zhen.83 » Thu, 17 Sep 2020 9:09 am

Hi yueyang.tan ,

I think they not only consider for salary. One of my fren also got her SC and her is salary $2500/month.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 17 Sep 2020 9:43 am

yueyang.tan wrote:
Fri, 11 Sep 2020 10:36 pm
zhen.83 wrote:
Tue, 08 Sep 2020 1:24 pm
Dear all,

Husband Profile

My Profile
ROM 12.12.2019

Thank You
NG
Wow how did you even get pr and sc with that salary. I read a lot of post in this forum that it’s damn hard to get with that salary.
Her name suggests she's Chinese ... This forum has been quite clear that Malaysian Chinese are viewed extremely favourably.

cokikoh

Post by cokikoh » Fri, 25 Sep 2020 6:48 pm

Dear All,

I hope if anyone can give us some advices at our situation.

My husband-to-be: 31yrs old, SC Chinese
Salary: 6.5k/ month, in business field
Highest Qualification: Master Degree
He used to stay oversea for many years, moved back to SG and work here for 2+ years.
He also owns a codon in SG

Myself: 27years, HK citizen (Chinese), with a British National Oversea Passport
Salary: 3.3k/ month, Customer Service with a Spass - my contact will be ended this Dec, no renewal
Duration in SG: 2years
Highest Qualification: bachelor degree

We knew each other 4 years ago.

Our PMLT is already approved, and we will get ROM end of Nov. After ROM we will go straight to apply for LTVP & PLOC. Here are my questions:

1. Since S pass will be canceled in mid-Dec, so I have to leave SG in Mid-Jan. However during this Covid situation, it is difficult to exit and enter for both HK & SG (require 14 days quarantine). So how long will they approve for LTVP if PMLT is approved already?

2. Can I write in/ make an appointment to address our situation to ICA? if they can hurry up the application?

3. What is the criteria to get PLOC approved?

4. Will it be a chance to get PR approved after ROM?

It's a bit long, but thank you for your time and appreciate any advices.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Mon, 28 Sep 2020 4:59 pm

cokikoh wrote:
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 6:48 pm
1. Since S pass will be canceled in mid-Dec, so I have to leave SG in Mid-Jan. However during this Covid situation, it is difficult to exit and enter for both HK & SG (require 14 days quarantine). So how long will they approve for LTVP if PMLT is approved already?

2. Can I write in/ make an appointment to address our situation to ICA? if they can hurry up the application?

1. Pre-COVID, ICA mentioned that if you have PMLA, the LTVP processing would take up to 6 weeks. We don't know if the processing time will be delayed due to COVID. I personally got my husband's LTVP approved within 2 weeks last year and his LTVP was renewed in 4 weeks this year during circuit breaker period.

2. They might ask you do a short term visit pass extension instead...

3. MOM automatically emails the PLOC to you and your spouse the next day after you get the LTVP card. Just ensure you check the "Do you want to be considered for PLOC" in the LTVP application or you won't receive it.

4. Quite low. ICA wants to see the couple to be married for at least 2-3 years to show them that the marriage is stable. Any lesser and ICA thinks you married just for the PR. ICA is very cautious about sham marriages now.

cokikoh

Post by cokikoh » Thu, 01 Oct 2020 3:32 pm

MOCHS wrote:
Mon, 28 Sep 2020 4:59 pm
cokikoh wrote:
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 6:48 pm

1. Pre-COVID, ICA mentioned that if you have PMLA, the LTVP processing would take up to 6 weeks. We don't know if the processing time will be delayed due to COVID. I personally got my husband's LTVP approved within 2 weeks last year and his LTVP was renewed in 4 weeks this year during circuit breaker period.

2. They might ask you do a short term visit pass extension instead...

3. MOM automatically emails the PLOC to you and your spouse the next day after you get the LTVP card. Just ensure you check the "Do you want to be considered for PLOC" in the LTVP application or you won't receive it.

4. Quite low. ICA wants to see the couple to be married for at least 2-3 years to show them that the marriage is stable. Any lesser and ICA thinks you married just for the PR. ICA is very cautious about sham marriages now.
Thank you so much for your reply, that helps a lot!