Singapore Expats Forum
 

EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
srini_dk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:47 am

EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by srini_dk » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 1:10 am

Hi Friends,

My EP has been canceled on the 06th of July and MoM issued a Short Term Visit Pass (STVP) which is valid until 05th Aug. In between, I have got another job offer and they have applied my new EP, it is still in pending status.

As of 04th Aug, I don't have valid EP and STVP is expiring 05th Aug and I have requested my Previous employer to extend STVP on 25th July but they submitted the request on 31st July and waiting for the STVP extension.

If I don't get my STVP extension by end of 05th Aug,
1. so can I stay 2 or 3 days without a visa, due to COVID-19 we don't have any flights.
2. Do I need to pay any fine overstaying? How to handle this situation, please advise.

I am a bit worried. :(

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
SDK

LG4god
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:41 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by LG4god » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 8:51 am

Just go to the MOM personally in morning by 7 am for further extension if your company didn't get it for you. Take your previous extension letter, passport. Make a reason that your visa is in pending state and also there is no flight to go. They will charge 40 dollar for 2 weeks and give you extension.

hriday9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 1:13 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by hriday9 » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 7:09 pm

srini_dk wrote:
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 1:10 am
Hi Friends,

My EP has been canceled on the 06th of July and MoM issued a Short Term Visit Pass (STVP) which is valid until 05th Aug. In between, I have got another job offer and they have applied my new EP, it is still in pending status.

As of 04th Aug, I don't have valid EP and STVP is expiring 05th Aug and I have requested my Previous employer to extend STVP on 25th July but they submitted the request on 31st July and waiting for the STVP extension.

If I don't get my STVP extension by end of 05th Aug,
1. so can I stay 2 or 3 days without a visa, due to COVID-19 we don't have any flights.
2. Do I need to pay any fine overstaying? How to handle this situation, please advise.

I am a bit worried. :(

Thanks in advance.
Same situation as mine, wait for your STVP extension result

srini_dk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:47 am

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by srini_dk » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 11:58 pm

@LG4god, Thanks for your advice. Let me try that.
Regards,
SDK

jakejungle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 11:24 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by jakejungle » Fri, 14 Aug 2020 4:49 pm

hows your EP and STVP result so far ?

netjagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:33 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by netjagan » Fri, 16 Oct 2020 2:18 pm

How long did it take to get the STVP extended?

Anyone managed to get it extended at MOM ?

User avatar
malcontent
Regular
Regular
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:52 am
Location: Pulau Ujong

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by malcontent » Sat, 17 Oct 2020 7:41 pm

As long as you have a pending EP, they will extend your visit - be sure and do it!

netjagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:33 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by netjagan » Sat, 17 Oct 2020 7:45 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 17 Oct 2020 7:41 pm
As long as you have a pending EP, they will extend your visit - be sure and do it!

Thanks, My EP application is Pending (been nearly 3 weeks - 18 days), and No available Flights.

Requested STVP extension through Ex-HR.

Vbhv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 3:27 am

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by Vbhv » Tue, 27 Oct 2020 3:31 am

How you dealt with such situation? Did you get extension by visiting to MOM.?

I am in similar situation, Waiting new pass approval while my STVP is expiring,my previous employer requested for extension

netjagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:33 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by netjagan » Tue, 27 Oct 2020 9:05 pm

Vbhv wrote:
Tue, 27 Oct 2020 3:31 am
How you dealt with such situation? Did you get extension by visiting to MOM.?

I am in similar situation, Waiting new pass approval while my STVP is expiring,my previous employer requested for extension
My extension went through for 12 days, but still Flight booking is not possible hence going to request for another extension.

Did you'rs go through ?

User avatar
PritikaRaja
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 7:13 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by PritikaRaja » Fri, 13 Nov 2020 7:15 pm

I am waiting for an appeal status to come through for S pass. My STVP ending as well next week and I have asked my previous employer to apply for extension. Don't know if either will come on time. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by PritikaRaja on Fri, 13 Nov 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

netjagan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 5:33 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by netjagan » Fri, 13 Nov 2020 7:20 pm

PritikaRaja wrote:
Fri, 13 Nov 2020 7:15 pm
I am waiting for an appeal status to come through for S pass. My STVP ending as well next week and I have asked my previous employer to apply for extension. Don't know if either will come on time. Fingers crossed.
Technically it will come through before last day.

What is the reason for extending Visit pass ? No flight or other reason ?

User avatar
RichaSulani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 7:23 pm

Re: EP pending while awaiting STVP extension

Post by RichaSulani » Fri, 13 Nov 2020 7:28 pm

Hi I am in the same situation. I have a complicated situation. I am NRI and my family is not in India, they're in Middle East. Entry there is on application basis at the moment to assess people coming in from low-risk and high-risk countries. So i need to get that permit before I can book my flight but it takes time to process. i have explained this to my ex-employers and they said they will apply for extension. same time i have my stvp expiring soon..

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests