Singapore Expats

PR Application Notification

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR Application Notification

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 14 Jun 2020 6:38 pm

subconwretch wrote:
Sun, 14 Jun 2020 1:58 am
saber13 wrote:
Fri, 12 Jun 2020 5:12 pm
subconwretch wrote:
Sun, 07 Jun 2020 2:43 pm

For SC applications, as of 2020, an email notification is received saying there has been an update in your application, and asks to log in to MyICA to check. The status on MyICA changes to 'Approved', and the AIP letter (pdf) can be downloaded from MyICA rightaway. No physical letter is sent.

Same goes for the final approval letter. A status update email notification is received that asks to log in to MyICA and check after completing SC Journey. The Final Approval letter (pdf) can be downloaded right after uploading a photo and making the online payment for the citizenship certificate and nric.

No physical letters are sent anymore, for SC applications at least.

Thanks for sharing. This is a very useful piece of information. Saves a ton of hassle in repeatedly checking MY ICA just to see the same ‘pending’ status.
Well, I can say with certainty that there are no physical documents to be submitted, or letters sent out at all from start to finish for SC applications as of 2020. No physical documents to be submitted either- everything is scan and upload, or notified via MyICA. So the PR applications might be similar in time to come, if not already.

Slick, except for the waiting part while it is processing and the result is "pending" - that remains the same - for as long as a piece of string.. 8-)
Even the approval notification was via email update to look into MYICA and you could immediately download the IPA for SC?

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 12:00 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 14 Jun 2020 6:38 pm
subconwretch wrote:
saber13 wrote:
Fri, 12 Jun 2020 5:12 pm

Thanks for sharing. This is a very useful piece of information. Saves a ton of hassle in repeatedly checking MY ICA just to see the same ‘pending’ status.
Well, I can say with certainty that there are no physical documents to be submitted, or letters sent out at all from start to finish for SC applications as of 2020. No physical documents to be submitted either- everything is scan and upload, or notified via MyICA. So the PR applications might be similar in time to come, if not already.

Slick, except for the waiting part while it is processing and the result is "pending" - that remains the same - for as long as a piece of string.. 8-)
Even the approval notification was via email update to look into MYICA and you could immediately download the IPA for SC?
Yes sir. That is correct.

kurtisnet

Post by kurtisnet » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 9:37 pm

subconwretch wrote:
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 12:00 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
subconwretch wrote:

This is damn cool. Too bad I can't get to experience any of these now haha and my SC application, though approved in Nov 2019, is fully letter-based due to it being an old application from 2018. It is always a joy to deal with ICA and their efficiency and compared to my ex-country, the quality and speed of service offered is miles-apart!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 9:46 pm

kurtisnet wrote:
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 9:37 pm
subconwretch wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

This is damn cool. Too bad I can't get to experience any of these now haha and my SC application, though approved in Nov 2019, is fully letter-based due to it being an old application from 2018. It is always a joy to deal with ICA and their efficiency and compared to my ex-country, the quality and speed of service offered is miles-apart!
You can still experience it with your passport, NRIC change application(s)

subconwretch

Post by subconwretch » Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:49 am

kurtisnet wrote:
subconwretch wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Sadly, the SCJourney process is fully online too in light of the present situation.
Hopefully, that will be temporary.

kurtisnet

Post by kurtisnet » Thu, 18 Jun 2020 9:20 pm

subconwretch wrote:
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:49 am
kurtisnet wrote:
subconwretch wrote:

Sadly, the SCJourney process is fully online too in light of the present situation.
Hopefully, that will be temporary.
Ooh I do understand the need for SCJourney to also be online these times, but yeah hope it's temporary too. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to URA and Ford Factory - the latter was freeeeeezing cold inside though hahaha. :mrgreen:

kurtisnet

Post by kurtisnet » Thu, 18 Jun 2020 9:22 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 9:46 pm
kurtisnet wrote:
subconwretch wrote:

You can still experience it with your passport, NRIC change application(s)
True, true - I can't wait to try the ICollect machine (or something even cooler at the new ICA building) for my next passport in 5 years time :D

juggernaut

Post by juggernaut » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 12:47 pm

@Cookedlist. : Any updates from ICA ? have you received any notification yet ?

kortizol

Post by kortizol » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 2:06 pm

We applied for PR last Dec and i checked ICA online and mid June it had changed to "Status Rejected" - Outcome Letter is en route. No email or sms notification, I had been checking periodically. Letter still hasn't arrived 2 weeks later.

Not sure what value the outcome letter would have anyway since I understand it never gives any guidance in terms of what the reasons were, so it's just a written notification of what we already know.

MADINA

Post by MADINA » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 2:10 pm

@kortizol,
When did you get the reply, today? We also applied last Dec, still no reply :(

kortizol

Post by kortizol » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 7:27 pm

MADINA wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 2:10 pm
@kortizol,
When did you get the reply, today? We also applied last Dec, still no reply :(
Middle of June the status date said - we didn't get any notification about it - I hadn't looked in a few weeks and went in to check over the weekend and saw the status sitting there on the ICA portal.

jess12

Post by jess12 » Tue, 14 Jul 2020 5:33 pm

subconwretch wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 7:46 am
kurtisnet wrote:I'd like to clarify that for Singapore citizenship status, the status on MyICA does change to approved even before AIP letter was received. The AIP letter arrived only a week later with instructions to start the Singapore citizenship journey.

I got my citizenship approved last year end Nov.
Thanks for sharing. That means the practice / process has also been changed. It used to be Processing until the SC Journey is completed.
For SC applications, as of 2020, an email notification is received saying there has been an update in your application, and asks to log in to MyICA to check. The status on MyICA changes to 'Approved', and the AIP letter (pdf) can be downloaded from MyICA rightaway. No physical letter is sent.

Same goes for the final approval letter. A status update email notification is received that asks to log in to MyICA and check after completing SC Journey. The Final Approval letter (pdf) can be downloaded right after uploading a photo and making the online payment for the citizenship certificate and nric.

Hi! I am wondering when did you see the AIP letter after the status was updated? Did the AIP letter appear right after the status change?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 14 Jul 2020 6:05 pm

jess12 wrote:
Tue, 14 Jul 2020 5:33 pm
subconwretch wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 7:46 am

Thanks for sharing. That means the practice / process has also been changed. It used to be Processing until the SC Journey is completed.

Hi! I am wondering when did you see the AIP letter after the status was updated? Did the AIP letter appear right after the status change?
Please dont try to go into too much details in this. Sometimes the update happens first and then the letter reaches your mailbox. It will always not be the case.

Joecsg

Post by Joecsg » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 4:00 pm

I notice the submit further info drop down box has disappeared from the PR application status page.
However no cpf health declaration ref appears after logging onto my cpf.
I can’t restart a fresh pr application either...
is this normal?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jul 2020 4:02 pm

Joecsg wrote:
Tue, 21 Jul 2020 4:00 pm
I notice the submit further info drop down box has disappeared from the PR application status page.
However no cpf health declaration ref appears after logging onto my cpf.
I can’t restart a fresh pr application either...
is this normal?
You have suddenly appeared and asked this question and have not mentioned anything about what us your application status etc...

Without being a PR, how did you long into the CPF portal?