Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 22 Dec 2020 8:20 pm

Possible. Especially considering all employees are local. This might be enough, along with a positive viability of the company this past year, to swing it in your direction. However, if you have had to retrench any of them, or are anticipating same, and that is the reason you are applying for PR (fear), I'd say pretty low. I personally think is going to be the viability of your company staying afloat and keeping your Singaporean workforce intact. And, I reckon the processing time may well be in excess of 12~14 months. Good Luck though, we need to keep the local workforce alive.. (no, I'm not local but am 73 and have been a PR for over a quarter of a century). ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

AnimalHorizon90

Post by AnimalHorizon90 » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:43 am

Hi

I submitted my PR application a few months ago. I noticed that the Submit documents option under Enquire Application status tab in my singpass has been disabled yesterday. Does that mean a decision has been reached and I can expect an update soon? Has anyone noticed any trend of this sort? Thank you!

csjohnson

Post by csjohnson » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 7:05 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I have been trying to read up on everything I can regarding the PR process and my chances of successfully living in Singapore in the next few years. If you could give me your input and views on my chances of PR approval, I would greatly appreciate it!

I've been married for 1 and 1/2 years to a Singaporean native, and we've been working on our respective degrees in the U.S. Since her family still lives in Singapore, we have a direct connection to people living in the country. I've been able to find quite a number of job openings in my field, but as a young couple without a definitive salary at this time, I'm wondering if the ICA will feel more cautious and unlikely to approve us. What do you think?

Age - 26 years old
Race - Cuban/White
Educational qualifications - Currently earning Doctorates in Musical Arts, completed Master of Music Degree
Work Experience - 3 years

Forgive me if I've missed out any other details. I will be happy to answer any other questions you may have. Again, thank you for your time and help!

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 9:06 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 22 Dec 2020 8:20 pm
staying afloat
I see what you did there

YRod

Post by YRod » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 9:32 am

Hi thank you for your reply at present about 14 locals employed

Newnew88

Post by Newnew88 » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:28 am

AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:43 am
Hi

I submitted my PR application a few months ago. I noticed that the Submit documents option under Enquire Application status tab in my singpass has been disabled yesterday. Does that mean a decision has been reached and I can expect an update soon? Has anyone noticed any trend of this sort? Thank you!
Most of the people said if the submit documents option gone, means you will get the result soon, hope you will get good result.
By the way when you submitted?
Sept 2020?

AnimalHorizon90

Post by AnimalHorizon90 » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:05 pm

Around 6 months back

AnimalHorizon90

Post by AnimalHorizon90 » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:06 pm

Newnew88 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:28 am
AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Hi

Most of the people said if the submit documents option gone, means you will get the result soon, hope you will get good result.
Sept 2020?
Thank you. Around 6 months back

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 12:28 pm

csjohnson wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 7:05 am
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and I have been trying to read up on everything I can regarding the PR process and my chances of successfully living in Singapore in the next few years. If you could give me your input and views on my chances of PR approval, I would greatly appreciate it!

I've been married for 1 and 1/2 years to a Singaporean native, and we've been working on our respective degrees in the U.S. Since her family still lives in Singapore, we have a direct connection to people living in the country. I've been able to find quite a number of job openings in my field, but as a young couple without a definitive salary at this time, I'm wondering if the ICA will feel more cautious and unlikely to approve us. What do you think?

Age - 26 years old
Race - Cuban/White
Educational qualifications - Currently earning Doctorates in Musical Arts, completed Master of Music Degree
Work Experience - 3 years

Forgive me if I've missed out any other details. I will be happy to answer any other questions you may have. Again, thank you for your time and help!
Are you based in the US now? I believe you need to be present in Singapore to apply for PR.
You will be applying for PR under the family scheme - or more accurately, your wife will be applying, so it matters less about you, and more about her.
You need to be married for at least 2 years before you apply.

Ultimately, once you are Singapore and apply, you should be able to get PR. But it might not happen on the first attempt. Good luck!

addddy

Post by addddy » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 1:32 pm

Hi all,
I have been following this forum for a while now and appreciate the constructive discussion here. I intend to apply for a PR in the coming months after my PEP application got approved a few months ago. Here are a few of my details:
1. Nationality - Indian
2. Education - Masters from a Singapore University
3. Length of stay in Singapore - since Dec 2013 (as a student) - working since April 2015
4. Age - 37yrs
5. Current salary - 275k base + bonus
6. Marital Status - Single
7. Visa status - PEP
8. Occupation - Director at a technology company

I have been actively involved in the teaching space as well having had taught in universities and polytechnics.

Your advice required:
1. What are my chances
2. I have savings in Singapore bank account but currently have not made any long-term investments in Singapore - do I need to?
3. Should I go via an agency?

Really appreciate the advice here. Thanks a lot in advance.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:19 pm

addddy wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 1:32 pm
Hi all,
I have been following this forum for a while now and appreciate the constructive discussion here. I intend to apply for a PR in the coming months after my PEP application got approved a few months ago. Here are a few of my details:
1. Nationality - Indian
2. Education - Masters from a Singapore University
3. Length of stay in Singapore - since Dec 2013 (as a student) - working since April 2015
4. Age - 37yrs
5. Current salary - 275k base + bonus
6. Marital Status - Single
7. Visa status - PEP
8. Occupation - Director at a technology company

I have been actively involved in the teaching space as well having had taught in universities and polytechnics.

Your advice required:
1. What are my chances
2. I have savings in Singapore bank account but currently have not made any long-term investments in Singapore - do I need to?
3. Should I go via an agency?

Really appreciate the advice here. Thanks a lot in advance.
1. Apply one year after PEP, you will have decent chance. The only thing that may go against you may be the view that since your salary is high, you may move to greener pastures elsewhere later. But anyway, try.
2. It is OK.
3. Not needed. You can do the application yourself online

AnimalHorizon90

Post by AnimalHorizon90 » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:23 pm

Newnew88 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:28 am
AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Hi

Sept 2020?
I had made a post in this forum in Sep 2020 as I realised my earlier post in the forum was not submitted (I thought it was). But since there was no update in my application anyway, I copy pasted the same info again. My actual application was in late Aug

Encryption Key

Post by Encryption Key » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:31 pm

Hi there,

I wanted to get some thoughts on my chances for PR application that I am about to submit.

1. Nationality - Indian
2. Education - Masters from one of the top 3 Singapore University
3. Length of stay in Singapore - since 2009 (1 year of Study) - working since 2011
4. Age - 35yrs
5. Current salary - 270k base + bonus + vested equity - TC: 500K+ - constantly shown improvement in salary
6. Marital Status - Married 2 years ago, no kids but plan to early 2022
7. Visa status - PEP
8. Occupation - Regional Business Development Senior for a digital tech firm where I am responsible for partnerships; involves lots of product development as part of deal negotiations
9. Experience snapshot - Have worked and spent good time in the last 10 years across markets like China, Japan, Australia, Philippines
10. Spouse - Indian, degree from top b school, working in the software as a service technology startup looking at Singapore and Malaysia markets; base 140K SGD + bonus
11. Others: Active investor and advisor in an edtech startup that helps make primary education affordable; few other voluntary initiatives in Singapore that are outside of CCs; speak basic mandarin but no certificates yet

The forum is super useful btw! Thanks a lot
Last edited by Encryption Key on Tue, 05 Jan 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:40 pm

Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:31 pm
Hi there,

I wanted to get some thoughts on my chances for PR application that I am about to submit.

1. Nationality - Indian
2. Education - Masters from one of the top 3 Singapore University
3. Length of stay in Singapore - since 2009 (1 year of Study) - working since 2010
4. Age - 35yrs
5. Current salary - 270k base + bonus + vested equity - TC: 500K
6. Marital Status - Married 2 years ago, no kids but plan to early 2022
7. Visa status - PEP
8. Occupation - Regional Business Development Senior for a digital tech firm where I am responsible for cracking strategic tech partnerships; involves lots of product development as part of deal negotiations
9. Experience snapshot - Have worked and spent good time in the last 10 years across markets like China, Japan, Australia, Philippines
10. Spouse - working in the software as a service technology startup looking at Singapore and Malaysia markets; base 140K SGD
11. Others: Active investor and advisor in an edtech startup; speak basic mandarin but no certificates yet

The forum is super useful btw! Thanks a lot
You can try. 50-50 chance I would say.

Encryption Key

Post by Encryption Key » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:43 pm

Why would you say 50-50? Apart from Nationality, are there other pointers that I should be looking at to improve? Thanks. This is my first application btw.