Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval in 2019

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
TomJerry007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:31 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by TomJerry007 » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:43 am

What are my approval chances?

Indian
In Sg since nov 2009. Married since 2010.
Have 2 kids (7yo girl and 3yo boy)
Hus/wife - both on EP and working in IT in big bank. Since 2009 working in same bank
Hus salary - ~110K pa
Wife salary - ~120K Pa
Age hus/wife - 38yo
Edu hus - engg degree in electronics from india
Edu wife - MBA From India
Own a condo
Earlier applied thrice and rejected.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 5:25 pm

TomJerry007 wrote:
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:43 am
What are my approval chances?

Indian
In Sg since nov 2009. Married since 2010.
Have 2 kids (7yo girl and 3yo boy)
Hus/wife - both on EP and working in IT in big bank. Since 2009 working in same bank
Hus salary - ~110K pa
Wife salary - ~120K Pa
Age hus/wife - 38yo
Edu hus - engg degree in electronics from india
Edu wife - MBA From India
Own a condo
Earlier applied thrice and rejected.
When was the last rejection?
Chances will be low because
1. Main sponsor salary may be slightly on the lower side, eventhough combined salary is OK
2. Age
3. Ethnicity quota available

TomJerry007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:31 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by TomJerry007 » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 6:51 pm

Last rejection in 2016

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 6:54 pm

TomJerry007 wrote:
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 6:51 pm
Last rejection in 2016
What were your salaries at that point of time?
Were your kids born in Singapore?

TomJerry007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:31 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by TomJerry007 » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 8:23 pm

Hus/wife - approx 100K/90K

TomJerry007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:31 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by TomJerry007 » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 8:24 pm

Yes, both kids sg born

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 8:29 pm

TomJerry007 wrote:
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 8:23 pm
Hus/wife - approx 100K/90K
Please try one last time and see. But dont have too high hopes

TomJerry007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 12:31 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by TomJerry007 » Fri, 26 Jun 2020 10:36 pm

Ok will do. Thanks 🙏

Czarcasm88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 1:52 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by Czarcasm88 » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 5:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I Applied for PR in Oct '19. I just received the outcome today (June 2020). My application has been Approved (as per status online).

My Profile
1) Ethnicity/Nationality : Indian
2) Status: Married (Wife not working / 1 Son - 2 years old)
3) Salary: 150K
4) Degree: Masters (from UK). Bachelors in Engineering from India (Wife has also done Bachelors and Masters from India).
5) Field of work: IT in Finance
6) In Singapore on EP since 2012
7) Age: 35 (Both me and my wife)
8) Have been rejected 4 times before this. Last time rejected in 2018
9) Volunteer work for RedCross and SINDA. Also donated blood a few times (I don't know if all this contributes to the outcome)
10) I have not used any agency for making application ever. I strongly feel that it's a waste of money.
11) What has changed since last rejection: Changed Job , Salary Increased and Son was born

I have been following this thread since last 2 years. All the best to other applicants.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 6:44 pm

Congratulations! Persistence paid off.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 6:46 pm

Czarcasm88 wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 5:50 pm
Hi Guys,

I Applied for PR in Oct '19. I just received the outcome today (June 2020). My application has been Approved (as per status online).

My Profile
1) Ethnicity/Nationality : Indian
2) Status: Married (Wife not working / 1 Son - 2 years old)
3) Salary: 150K
4) Degree: Masters (from UK). Bachelors in Engineering from India (Wife has also done Bachelors and Masters from India).
5) Field of work: IT in Finance
6) In Singapore on EP since 2012
7) Age: 35 (Both me and my wife)
8) Have been rejected 4 times before this. Last time rejected in 2018
9) Volunteer work for RedCross and SINDA. Also donated blood a few times (I don't know if all this contributes to the outcome)
10) I have not used any agency for making application ever. I strongly feel that it's a waste of money.
11) What has changed since last rejection: Changed Job , Salary Increased and Son was born

I have been following this thread since last 2 years. All the best to other applicants.
Congratulations

schinnak
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 5:30 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by schinnak » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 5:52 am

Hi - first of all, thank you for all the guidance and open discussions here. Very helpful. Would appreciate if you can share feedback on my profile. Applied PR on March 30, 2020 and awaiting status.

This is our 3rd attempt (2016, 2017 and 2020).

Profile: Indian, 38 yrs (Born and brought-up in Middle East). On EP. Been in Singapore with family for 9 years. Married for 12 years. Wife and 2 kids on DP.

Kids: Daughter 4 yrs (Born in Singapore). Son 9 yrs old studying in an international IB school.

Wife: Not working.

Education: Degree in Commerce from a reputed local Uni in India. Obtained full time Computer programming certifications (2 years from India) and other on the job certifications in Singapore (all submitted during the application).

Field: IT - Networking Solutions and Hardware manufacturing firm. Working for a reputed US based MNC for past 7 years. Second job in Singapore. Overall close to 17 years of work experience in the IT field.

Salary: 180K. Including Bonus and other extras - 220K. Stock options and grants received every year.

Also registered a Tech based IoT company with three partners and currently a shareholder in the firm. No major revenue yet since all business on hold due to the pandemic (not sure if this matters).

Note: I have not received any notification on my application being delayed like some of you have already here. Also, not sure with the GE 2020 and Covid-19 situation, how it will impact applications.

I know chances are slim considering our race. However, will be good to hear some feedback. Thanks much in advance!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 9:46 am

schinnak wrote:
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 5:52 am
Hi - first of all, thank you for all the guidance and open discussions here. Very helpful. Would appreciate if you can share feedback on my profile. Applied PR on March 30, 2020 and awaiting status.

This is our 3rd attempt (2016, 2017 and 2020).

Profile: Indian, 38 yrs (Born and brought-up in Middle East). On EP. Been in Singapore with family for 9 years. Married for 12 years. Wife and 2 kids on DP.

Kids: Daughter 4 yrs (Born in Singapore). Son 9 yrs old studying in an international IB school.

Wife: Not working.

Education: Degree in Commerce from a reputed local Uni in India. Obtained full time Computer programming certifications (2 years from India) and other on the job certifications in Singapore (all submitted during the application).

Field: IT - Networking Solutions and Hardware manufacturing firm. Working for a reputed US based MNC for past 7 years. Second job in Singapore. Overall close to 17 years of work experience in the IT field.

Salary: 180K. Including Bonus and other extras - 220K. Stock options and grants received every year.

Also registered a Tech based IoT company with three partners and currently a shareholder in the firm. No major revenue yet since all business on hold due to the pandemic (not sure if this matters).

Note: I have not received any notification on my application being delayed like some of you have already here. Also, not sure with the GE 2020 and Covid-19 situation, how it will impact applications.

I know chances are slim considering our race. However, will be good to hear some feedback. Thanks much in advance!
Your application can go either way. Apply one more time and see.

schinnak
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 5:30 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by schinnak » Tue, 30 Jun 2020 4:09 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 9:46 am
schinnak wrote:
Tue, 30 Jun 2020 5:52 am
Hi - first of all, thank you for all the guidance and open discussions here. Very helpful. Would appreciate if you can share feedback on my profile. Applied PR on March 30, 2020 and awaiting status.

This is our 3rd attempt (2016, 2017 and 2020).

Profile: Indian, 38 yrs (Born and brought-up in Middle East). On EP. Been in Singapore with family for 9 years. Married for 12 years. Wife and 2 kids on DP.

Kids: Daughter 4 yrs (Born in Singapore). Son 9 yrs old studying in an international IB school.

Wife: Not working.

Education: Degree in Commerce from a reputed local Uni in India. Obtained full time Computer programming certifications (2 years from India) and other on the job certifications in Singapore (all submitted during the application).

Field: IT - Networking Solutions and Hardware manufacturing firm. Working for a reputed US based MNC for past 7 years. Second job in Singapore. Overall close to 17 years of work experience in the IT field.

Salary: 180K. Including Bonus and other extras - 220K. Stock options and grants received every year.

Also registered a Tech based IoT company with three partners and currently a shareholder in the firm. No major revenue yet since all business on hold due to the pandemic (not sure if this matters).

Note: I have not received any notification on my application being delayed like some of you have already here. Also, not sure with the GE 2020 and Covid-19 situation, how it will impact applications.

I know chances are slim considering our race. However, will be good to hear some feedback. Thanks much in advance!
Your application can go either way. Apply one more time and see.
Thanks Singaporeflyer. Appreciate the feedback. My 2020 application was submitted on March 30th. I guess I will know the status by end of this year or early 2021. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to all other applicants. Stay safe and take care all !

MADINA
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 7:35 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by MADINA » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 11:33 am

Czarcasm88 wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 5:50 pm
Hi Guys,

I Applied for PR in Oct '19. I just received the outcome today (June 2020). My application has been Approved (as per status online).

My Profile
1) Ethnicity/Nationality : Indian
2) Status: Married (Wife not working / 1 Son - 2 years old)
3) Salary: 150K
4) Degree: Masters (from UK). Bachelors in Engineering from India (Wife has also done Bachelors and Masters from India).
5) Field of work: IT in Finance
6) In Singapore on EP since 2012
7) Age: 35 (Both me and my wife)
8) Have been rejected 4 times before this. Last time rejected in 2018
9) Volunteer work for RedCross and SINDA. Also donated blood a few times (I don't know if all this contributes to the outcome)
10) I have not used any agency for making application ever. I strongly feel that it's a waste of money.
11) What has changed since last rejection: Changed Job , Salary Increased and Son was born

I have been following this thread since last 2 years. All the best to other applicants.
Congrats!!!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aviciii, HappyDays2021 and 11 guests