Singapore Expats Forum

PR approval in 2019

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 20 Jan 2020 5:18 pm

Butternut wrote:
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 4:01 pm
Hi, mine is pending for almost 12 months now.
Myself - Indian, age - 27 , Salary -5.5k , studied in Singapore (2012) and started work
Husband- Indian , age-30, salary -7k , studied in Singapore and started work here.
Married for 5 years , have a 2 year old boy, born in SG.
Applied twice as a couple previously and rejected.

Any hopes?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

who is the main applicant? what did you both study and what do you both work as?

Butternut
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 2:52 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by Butternut » Mon, 20 Jan 2020 5:20 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Butternut wrote:
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 4:01 pm
Hi, mine is pending for almost 12 months now.
Myself - Indian, age - 27 , Salary -5.5k , studied in Singapore (2012) and started work
Husband- Indian , age-30, salary -7k , studied in Singapore and started work here.
Married for 5 years , have a 2 year old boy, born in SG.
Applied twice as a couple previously and rejected.

Any hopes?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

who is the main applicant? what did you both study and what do you both work as?
My husband is the main applicant. Both of us did our masters from a local uni. He is into automation and I am a Software engineer .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 20 Jan 2020 5:58 pm

Butternut wrote:
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 5:20 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Butternut wrote:
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 4:01 pm
Hi, mine is pending for almost 12 months now.
Myself - Indian, age - 27 , Salary -5.5k , studied in Singapore (2012) and started work
Husband- Indian , age-30, salary -7k , studied in Singapore and started work here.
Married for 5 years , have a 2 year old boy, born in SG.
Applied twice as a couple previously and rejected.

Any hopes?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

who is the main applicant? what did you both study and what do you both work as?
My husband is the main applicant. Both of us did our masters from a local uni. He is into automation and I am a Software engineer .

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Salary may be on the lower side. Apart from that most of the things must be OK

expat1001
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:13 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by expat1001 » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:24 am

Hi All,
We are planning to apply for PR soon. Any pointers on what are our chances?

Here's our profile:
Husband (main applicant)
Age:30
Indian
Job: Support, IT sector
On EP working in same company in SG for 2years+
salary around 100k+

Myself:
Age: 27
Indian
Working on DP with LOC for 1year+
Salary around 64k
Job: Automation, IT sector
Been is singapore for over 1.5years

Married for almost 2years now.

Thanks in advance!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:27 am

expat1001 wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:24 am
Hi All,
We are planning to apply for PR soon. Any pointers on what are our chances?

Here's our profile:
Husband (main applicant)
Age:30
Indian
Job: Support, IT sector
On EP working in same company in SG for 2years+
salary around 100k+

Myself:
Age: 27
Indian
Working on DP with LOC for 1year+
Salary around 64k
Job: Automation, IT sector
Been is singapore for over 1.5years

Married for almost 2years now.

Thanks in advance!
Chance is going to be low. You are applying too early.

BisDakSG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 1:52 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by BisDakSG » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Everyone!

Just want ask your opinion whether my application is close for approval or rejection.
I applied last December 2019. That was my second application after last Sept 2017 (rejected on March 2018).

Heres my profile:

Race : pure blood Filipino
Occupation : Senior IT analyst
Salary : 60K+ per annum
Visa : Spass
Years in SG : turning 9 years this year
Number of years in current work : running 4 years now
Previous work companies: under 3 different agencies starting from 2011
Civil Status : Single
Age : Mid 30's
Sex : Male
Extra curricullar activities : Active volunteer in redcross SG

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:07 pm

BisDakSG wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:02 pm
Hi Everyone!

Just want ask your opinion whether my application is close for approval or rejection.
I applied last December 2019. That was my second application after last Sept 2017 (rejected on March 2018).

Heres my profile:

Race : pure blood Filipino
Occupation : Senior IT analyst
Salary : 60K+ per annum
Visa : Spass

Years in SG : turning 9 years this year
Number of years in current work : running 4 years now
Previous work companies: under 3 different agencies starting from 2011
Civil Status : Single
Age : Mid 30's
Sex : Male
Extra curricullar activities : Active volunteer in redcross SG
Very low because of 2 reasons highlighted above.

BisDakSG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 1:52 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by BisDakSG » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:12 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:07 pm
BisDakSG wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:02 pm
Hi Everyone!

Just want ask your opinion whether my application is close for approval or rejection.
I applied last December 2019. That was my second application after last Sept 2017 (rejected on March 2018).

Heres my profile:

Race : pure blood Filipino
Occupation : Senior IT analyst
Salary : 60K+ per annum
Visa : Spass

Years in SG : turning 9 years this year
Number of years in current work : running 4 years now
Previous work companies: under 3 different agencies starting from 2011
Civil Status : Single
Age : Mid 30's
Sex : Male
Extra curricullar activities : Active volunteer in redcross SG
Very low because of 2 reasons highlighted above.
Thanks! I guess so, since my salary was more likely the same from my first application. Though my visa was EP that time :)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:18 pm

BisDakSG wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:12 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:07 pm
BisDakSG wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:02 pm
Hi Everyone!

Just want ask your opinion whether my application is close for approval or rejection.
I applied last December 2019. That was my second application after last Sept 2017 (rejected on March 2018).

Heres my profile:

Race : pure blood Filipino
Occupation : Senior IT analyst
Salary : 60K+ per annum
Visa : Spass

Years in SG : turning 9 years this year
Number of years in current work : running 4 years now
Previous work companies: under 3 different agencies starting from 2011
Civil Status : Single
Age : Mid 30's
Sex : Male
Extra curricullar activities : Active volunteer in redcross SG
Very low because of 2 reasons highlighted above.
Thanks! I guess so, since my salary was more likely the same from my first application. Though my visa was EP that time :)
Not to offend, but try to move back to EP by progressing in your career. Else, EP to S Pass will look like a downgrade.

FourS
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:37 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by FourS » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 3:05 pm

Hello Everyone

Want to hear from you on my PR approval chances.Applied together with family

My profile as follows

Race : Indian
Occupation : Manager in local construction company
No of years in Sg:12 yrs. Married
Salary : 120+ k PA
Visa : EP wife and 2 daughters in DP
Age:37

BisDakSG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 1:52 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by BisDakSG » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 3:16 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:18 pm
BisDakSG wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:12 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 2:07 pm


Very low because of 2 reasons highlighted above.
Thanks! I guess so, since my salary was more likely the same from my first application. Though my visa was EP that time :)
Not to offend, but try to move back to EP by progressing in your career. Else, EP to S Pass will look like a downgrade.
Thanks! no worries! :)

BisDakSG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 1:52 pm

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by BisDakSG » Wed, 22 Jan 2020 5:25 pm

Hello Again,....

Just want to inquire if our account balances has bearing also on the PR approval?
And if yes...let say for example I have 250Ksgd in my bank savings account. Will it surpasses from other PR criteria such as race, EP/Spass, number of stay in SG, work experience and etc? Thanks! :)

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 8:06 am
Location: Singapore

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by bro75 » Wed, 22 Jan 2020 5:45 pm

BisDakSG wrote:
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 5:25 pm
Hello Again,....

Just want to inquire if our account balances has bearing also on the PR approval?
And if yes...let say for example I have 250Ksgd in my bank savings account. Will it surpasses from other PR criteria such as race, EP/Spass, number of stay in SG, work experience and etc? Thanks! :)
I think the amount you mentioned has very little bearing. There are anecdotes of high net worth individuals granted PRs so net worth is being considered but will only have an effect at certain levels.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 22 Jan 2020 6:39 pm

bro75 wrote:
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 5:45 pm
BisDakSG wrote:
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 5:25 pm
Hello Again,....

Just want to inquire if our account balances has bearing also on the PR approval?
And if yes...let say for example I have 250Ksgd in my bank savings account. Will it surpasses from other PR criteria such as race, EP/Spass, number of stay in SG, work experience and etc? Thanks! :)
I think the amount you mentioned has very little bearing. There are anecdotes of high net worth individuals granted PRs so net worth is being considered but will only have an effect at certain levels.
This HNI is under a separate investment scheme and not the PTS scheme.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2326
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval in 2019

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 22 Jan 2020 6:42 pm

BisDakSG wrote:
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 5:25 pm
Hello Again,....

Just want to inquire if our account balances has bearing also on the PR approval?
And if yes...let say for example I have 250Ksgd in my bank savings account. Will it surpasses from other PR criteria such as race, EP/Spass, number of stay in SG, work experience and etc? Thanks! :)
Surely no. If it is so, then it is no more PTS Scheme. I am really not sure on how you can think like this. They are looking at Professional Talents in the PTS Scheme and not really the money. The money part that they look into is just to ensure they you do not become a liability for the government after they grant PR.

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron