Singapore Expats

Singapore EP timeline

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sourabhshrestha

Singapore EP timeline

Post by sourabhshrestha » Sun, 12 May 2019 5:21 pm

Hi , I am new to forum and have few queries like how much time does it actually takes to get Singapore EP. I have received a job offer from a Singapore company who have close to 50 employees there and they have collected my documents and started processing the EP. Since there is entirely new process to me, so did any one recently received their EP. Please share experience. Is there anything which delays it as well. My last working in current company is 5 June .

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Singapore EP timeline

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 May 2019 10:59 pm

Usually within 3 weeks if applied for online, however, if filed manually by the employer it could take up to 8 weeks. Even an online application can take to 8 weeks as well depending on how closely they vet the application (even though it was theoretically vetted with the last company) This is because so many people from S.E.Asian 3rd world countries have been working here on bogus academic papers. They are scrutinizing them much more vigorously that previously. If you resigned from your old job before getting the IPA for the new company, then you only have yourself to blame, however, if you were terminated, then you may well have to spend some of your final SVP that you receive after cancellation of your current pass on holiday here. but you should still receive you new EP prior to the expiry of your final SVP expiry
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sourabhshrestha

Post by sourabhshrestha » Sun, 12 May 2019 11:28 pm

Many thanks for your reply. I am from India and have recently resigned from my current job here as I had received offer letter from a Singapore firm. My last date would be june 6 and my employment pass is in process so was worried if by the time I get relieving from here, I should have received my EP ? I have infact submitted all genuine documents and company is 5 yrs old setup there. They have filed it online for me.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 May 2019 11:37 pm

As I said, you should never give your notice until you have the IPA in hand for this very reason. If you are worth your salt, then the new employer will understand fully. But, you should be okay, nonetheless.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sourabhshrestha

Post by sourabhshrestha » Sun, 12 May 2019 11:54 pm

Thanks for revert. Actually the notice period in my current company is 3 months which is too much to other company to accept. I had a offer from different company in India which I had accepted earlier till the time I didn't receive offer letter from Singapore based company. Now its a dilemmatic situation as I am concerned that there is no last minute blockage in EP.

he19

Post by he19 » Wed, 29 May 2019 3:46 pm

Hi Sourabh,

Did you get your EP approved?

sourabhshrestha

Post by sourabhshrestha » Wed, 29 May 2019 5:31 pm

No, Still waiting for my application to be submitted. Last updated I had when the company was asking for my documents but no progress since weeks. Not sure when it will be submitted.

When was your submitted ?

he19

Post by he19 » Wed, 29 May 2019 5:41 pm

Mine submitted last week.
Status is pending.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

sourabhshrestha

Post by sourabhshrestha » Wed, 29 May 2019 5:49 pm

Check your message box once .. I have few queries .

he19

Post by he19 » Wed, 29 May 2019 7:31 pm

No msg in inbox

sourabhshrestha

Post by sourabhshrestha » Wed, 29 May 2019 7:45 pm

Do you mind whatsapp me at +91 9821774704 .

SingaporeExpat_2018

Post by SingaporeExpat_2018 » Fri, 31 May 2019 5:20 pm

Hi

My new employer has applied for EP on 28th May and I waiting for approval.

1. Is it easier and quicker to get EP second time ? Considering there hasn't been any change in educational qualification and they would have been verified last time ?
2. Last month I was fined by NEA for littering offence (first offence) :( . However I paid the fine already. NEA guys had to call police as I wasn't carrying my EP when caught. the police did note down my EP and address details. Will this impact my EP application ? Any ideas ?

Thanks

he19

Post by he19 » Fri, 31 May 2019 5:35 pm

My renewals took more time than application.
So even though nothing changes. It took more time.
I don't think application has anything to do with time.
Trusted employer in Sg may get faster. But that's only assumption.

Now that fees has also increased, if it has any effect on processing time - thats why my question.

Regarding NEA fine. No Idea.

kingmo

Post by kingmo » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 1:19 pm

Dear all, Just wonder if anyone was able to get EP approval within 10 days recently. I got a job offer from a big local bank and the EP application was submitted last Monday.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 04 Jun 2019 8:40 pm

sourabhshrestha wrote:Thanks for revert.
SMS didn't "revert". He is still the same as he was previously.

-23 for continuing incorrect use of the word "revert"!