Singapore Expats

PLease help evaluate my chance In getting PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vivianngo

Post by vivianngo » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 1:26 pm

Hi. My name is Vivian and I m currently holding spass here.Im Vietnamese.
Please take time to read thru my story and give some advices for PR application chance.

I have been studying in Singapore from August 2008 in MDIS private school. I completed my diploma ( network security ) and Degree (business computing).
I graduated on Nov 2014 and since lack of working experience, I travelled from Vietnam- Sing- Malay to get more time in singapore. My purposed was finding a job here.
After 2 time travelled between 3 countries , I have no issue for entry to Singapore. But the issue came on the third time. My aunty and her husband – those 2 person are my guardian from the first time I came to Singapore for studying until now. They did sponsor me every time, and this third time, got rejected. We finally decided went to Malay and comeback to get one more month visa. But when we went to immigration , they refused to let me entry. I think they might thought I was doing some illegal job in Singapore. Even I pointed out my certificated to show that I was there to looking for job.
Finally, I needed fly back from malay to Vietnam.
The four time is after 2 weeks later, luckily I got interview letter from company for a job. Immediately, I booked the ticket come to Singapore , I even bring the letter and willing to give all the information such as my boss number, company number, my boss ic ..all stated inside the letter. When I came to immigration point, they refused me again and put me into office room until got trip fly back from sing to Vietnam. I was out of hope at that time.
So I have no choice. I backed and started working in my country around half year.
On May, I discovered that I got heart issue so my aunty helped me to book appointment in National Heart Centre. With the letter from doctor for check up. I got 1 week in Singapore after 5 hours waiting in office room.
I came here for check up, at the same time. I went for interview in the company .
After went back to Vietnam, my company applied for me the spass but got rejected. They appealed again with the explanation letter why I got refused entry for lastime. Then I got rejected again.
On the third time, my company appealed with letter explain my important role in company. Then luckily, I got approved.

So I came to Singapore and start to work until now. My spass have been renew since last year.
Totally until this August, I consider I have been in Singapore ard 10 years.

So in this situation. How many percentage of successful for Pr application?
My quick summary:
Nationality: Vietnamese
Time living in Singapore: almost 10 years (2008->2018)
Refused entry: Jan 2015
Working experience in Singapore: 3 years
Individual tax: 2 years

If I apply PR, got reject. Will it affect my spass for next time renewal?

Thank you

superheng

Re: PLease help evaluate my chance In getting PR

Post by superheng » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 1:34 pm

Apparently PR is under ICA, while S Pass is under MOM.
So I think it won’t affect you much on your S Pass renewal even you got PR rejection before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vivianngo

Post by vivianngo » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 1:39 pm

superheng wrote:Apparently PR is under ICA, while S Pass is under MOM.
So I think it won’t affect you much on your S Pass renewal even you got PR rejection before.

thank you for your reply. so what do you think about my percentage for applying PR?

superheng

Post by superheng » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 1:44 pm

I would like to say this is hard to predict or evaluate, anyway if you got full-time education background from Gov schools or sponsored from (married to) PR or Citizen that will help a lot.

Last edited by superheng on Mon, 18 Jun 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vivianngo

Post by vivianngo » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 1:54 pm

superheng wrote:I would like say this is hard to predict or evaluate, anyway if you got full-time education background from Gov schools or sponsored from (married to) PR or Citizen that will help a lot.

I studied from private school and i am single. not married

zDarkAngelz

Post by zDarkAngelz » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 3:48 pm

Let me give you a piece of advice: find a citizen and marry him or forget about getting Singapore PR.
In my opinion (and this is my opinion only), Vietnamese is one of the least (if not the least) favorite to be granted Singapore PR. If you read newspaper, you'll understand what I mean.
Do a quick search in this forum and you can confirm my opinion.
And the fact that you were denied entry before does not help at all.
But then again, if you were a multi-millionaire or a super rocket scientist, perhaps things would be different.
Good luck

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 18 Jun 2018 8:40 pm

You need to work for 3 years first before realistically having any chance for PR. Focus on work first.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

vivianngo

Post by vivianngo » Tue, 19 Jun 2018 9:04 am

zDarkAngelz wrote:Let me give you a piece of advice: find a citizen and marry him or forget about getting Singapore PR.
In my opinion (and this is my opinion only), Vietnamese is one of the least (if not the least) favorite to be granted Singapore PR. If you read newspaper, you'll understand what I mean.
Do a quick search in this forum and you can confirm my opinion.
And the fact that you were denied entry before does not help at all.
But then again, if you were a multi-millionaire or a super rocket scientist, perhaps things would be different.
Good luck
thank you for your advice. i think i will work until end up my spass then think again.seems like a chance is so small

vivianngo

Post by vivianngo » Tue, 19 Jun 2018 9:04 am

PNGMK wrote:You need to work for 3 years first before realistically having any chance for PR. Focus on work first.
thank you

iceflame

Post by iceflame » Fri, 26 Oct 2018 10:46 am

when you came to singapore for your medical appointment, on the bacis of medical. but you went to look for a job.
although wp/spass is from MOM and social visit pass is from ICA, ICA would still know that you tried to find job as they are both inter-linked.
by doing so, it will make ICA thinks what shady things are you up to. that doesn't look good on you.

I must say that you're very lucky that your Spass eventually went thru after numerous attempts by your employer .

and nope, If you apply PR and got rejected it will not affect your Spass application next renewal.

but chances of you getting PR is very very low thou... unless your trade/occupation is highly sought after in SG or lack of your trade skills, or you hold a very high post drawing very high pay.
plus your past stint will kinda leave a lil black mark. what you can do now is continue stay here with Spass and keep renewing lor. for passes for employment, usually high chance will confirm approve wan la. dont worry.

unless you marry a SC, get a LTVP for like 3 to 8 yrs. then chances of you getting PR is higher.
but that..... also must depends on your "husband" income, cpf contribution, taxes paid to IRAS, clean record. etc etc etc. no one really know whats are the assessment criteria up till now.

all the best to you, Vi

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Oct 2018 2:27 pm

Iceflame, you are so full of crap I'll bet you have brown eyes.

Probably 40 to 50% of the foreigners here got their jobs while on Social Visit Passes. You really don't know sh*t from shinola.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

iceflame

Post by iceflame » Wed, 07 Nov 2018 4:43 am

sundaymorningsucker, which part did I say SVP cannot look for job?

smart is okay, but dont be a smart alec

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Nov 2018 12:20 pm

iceflame wrote:sundaymorningsucker, which part did I say SVP cannot look for job?

smart is okay, but dont be a smart alec
this part

when you came to singapore for your medical appointment, on the bacis of medical. but you went to look for a job.
although wp/spass is from MOM and social visit pass is from ICA, ICA would still know that you tried to find job as they are both inter-linked.
by doing so, it will make ICA thinks what shady things are you up to. that doesn't look good on you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Nov 2018 9:29 am

Thanks SF. I'm on hols at the moment and sitting under the live oaks in Tampa FL on R&R for a couple of weeks so only periodically look in as I need a break for the numbskulls who don't like to have a spade called a spade. ;-) I think coldthing is having burnout.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers