Singapore Expats

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chinnyreckon

Re: PR Pending

Post by chinnyreckon » Fri, 27 Apr 2018 9:57 am

Maria15 wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:
Maria15 wrote:I just read most of PR applicant thread. And yes theres no pattern. Its just pure luck i guess? Only ica officer and god know.
Imo luck does not do anything here. You will your PR if:
- you are of a favorable race, i.e. chinese malaysian/indonesian
- you married a Singaporean and had a kid with your spouse
If you are in one of that two categories, you will get it in 1 to 3 tries.

The other factors (i.e. salary/profession/year of stay) do not matter.

Not really. I am indonesian but my race is not chinese. Yes im married and have a kid but not married singaporean, just SPR.
Even i didnt stay in singapore anymore the past 2.5 years. I stay in Batam. Went to singapore only once a month. My hubby only stay in SG on weekdays for working. And i got approved, the reason only ica officer and god knows.
Maybe because hes been PR for 10 years? Or because his cpf? And we’ve been married for long time so ica think we not married just for the sake of PR. But in the end we just can assume. The answer only ica officer knows.
I applied first time after got married 2010 and got rejected. Then applied again 2014 with my baby, rejected. Then I try again sept last year and got approved now. Three times lucky?
Thanks Maria. This has given me some hope. I am a Singapore PR for 15 years and applied for PR for my wife and daughter last year, but was rejected. At least from your case it seems it is worth trying again.

ytk111

Post by ytk111 » Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:51 am

Any sifus can help here?
I just got granted my AIP PR few days ago, but it never crossed my mind that I booked a holiday overseas few months ago. Anybody know if I can travel outside of Singapore while still on the AIP PR? I haven't started the formalities like applying for REP etc.

moo_shechan

Post by moo_shechan » Fri, 27 Apr 2018 12:48 pm

ytk111 wrote:Any sifus can help here?
I just got granted my AIP PR few days ago, but it never crossed my mind that I booked a holiday overseas few months ago. Anybody know if I can travel outside of Singapore while still on the AIP PR? I haven't started the formalities like applying for REP etc.
hi, i don't get it, whats the problem of travel out of SG while waiting PR?
I don't even stay in SG and still got the PR. :-k

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 27 Apr 2018 3:35 pm

ytk111 wrote:Any sifus can help here?
You can travel even when you have the AIP and not a PR yet. You are just using your old EP for your travel.

borncurious

Post by borncurious » Sat, 28 Apr 2018 1:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:
moo_shechan wrote:Hi All,

just want to sharing my experience of PR application.......

........so waiting time about almost 9 months for my PR.
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.
So, LiuPeng, what have you learned that is of any use whatsoever??? :roll:
1. Race and nationality is very important
2. Your ties in Singapore is important
3. Salary and length of stay, family status all comes next
4. Despite all the above, only God knows what ICA really consider

Just wait for the outcome as all the speculations could be wrong....

Singaporeuser2007

Post by Singaporeuser2007 » Sat, 28 Apr 2018 5:05 pm

phamtieugiao wrote:
Maria15 wrote:I just read most of PR applicant thread. And yes theres no pattern. Its just pure luck i guess? Only ica officer and god know.

I'm Malaysian, 10+ years working in SINGAPORE. EP holder. Has applied twice still get rejected. Each attempt, pending getting longer. (1st 7months, 2nd, 1 year to get rejected ) I guess ICA just want to refrain people numerous times submit application so it has set a time frame to reject whoever isn't qualified/ good enough? So not necessary Malaysian are the favorism or probably I'm the unfavourable (lol)
8th April 18 was my 3rd attempts
Never expect much. If still reject PR not mean for me. Whatever outcome... Sit back and relax...
#Pending Image

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 29 Apr 2018 5:11 pm

Singaporeuser2007 wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:

I'm Malaysian, 10+ years working in SINGAPORE. EP holder. Has applied twice still get rejected. Each attempt, pending getting longer. (1st 7months, 2nd, 1 year to get rejected ) I guess ICA just want to refrain people numerous times submit application so it has set a time frame to reject whoever isn't qualified/ good enough? So not necessary Malaysian are the favorism or probably I'm the unfavourable (lol)
Never expect much. If still reject PR not mean for me. Whatever outcome... Sit back and relax...
#Pending Image

What we are saying is if the applicant is a Malaysian Chinese, chances are very high compared to a normal applicant. But,there can be a FEW Malaysian Chinese, who are still rejected due to other reasons that ONLY ICA is aware of

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Wed, 02 May 2018 10:43 am

Singaporeuser2007 wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:

#Pending Image

From my observation on this forum in the past few years, I can assure that you will get it sooner or later, as long as you did not do anything like evading NS, rejecting pr offer when you were in JC etc

toolittletoolate

Post by toolittletoolate » Mon, 07 May 2018 7:42 pm

I benefited reading posts on the forum during my application. Now adding one more data point for folks trying to find a pattern wrt PR application :)

Race: Indian
Applicants: As a couple (Wife was the primary applicant)
Date Applied: Nov 2016

Education:
Wife: PhD NTU, Been a Post Doctoral fellow at a Research institute (A*Star Equivalent) in SG since Feb 2016, Promoted ones in this job
Me: Bachelors (Engineering) + MBA (Both in India at good institutes)- on EP in SG since Feb 2017 at a tech start-up.

Family Income: ~180k (Both earning similar..me a bit higher)

Other notes:
We were asked for details on our family members in June 2017 that we promptly submitted. No red flags here AFAIK as our parents on both sides are retired central govt servants (meaning they have govt pensions+good free medical care). Similarly siblings employed in good jobs in India. So little possibility of "collateral damage" :)

I travel frequently as my start-up has folks in other SEA and India (7-10 days a month)

At the time of PR application, I was on DP and working in India. Shifted to SG soon after in Jan'17 on EP.

We have been prompt in updating any changes in our particulars to ICA

I think my short stay in SG was a definite negative (in addition to race) though i thought my education and work-ex should have compensated a bit.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 07 May 2018 7:47 pm

toolittletoolate wrote:I benefited reading posts on the forum during my application. Now adding one more data point for folks trying to find a pattern wrt PR application :)

Education:
Wife: PhD NTU, Been a Post Doctoral fellow at a Research institute (A*Star Equivalent) in SG since Feb 2016, Promoted ones in this job
Me: Bachelors (Engineering) + MBA (Both in India at good institutes)- on EP in SG since Feb 2017 at a tech start-up.

Other notes:
We were asked for details on our family members in June 2017 that we promptly submitted. No red flags here AFAIK as our parents on both sides are retired central govt servants (meaning they have govt pensions+good free medical care). Similarly siblings employed in good jobs in India. So little possibility of "collateral damage" :)

I travel frequently as my start-up has folks in other SEA and India (7-10 days a month)

At the time of PR application, I was on DP and working in India. Shifted to SG soon after in Jan'17 on EP.

I think my short stay in SG was a definite negative (in addition to race) though i thought my education and work-ex should have compensated a bit.
Education and work experience can never compensate for the residency requirements in SG. when you had applied earlier, did your wife (main applicant), have 3 years of tax paid? I would suggest you to try again after 2 years. Your chances would have improved by then.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 May 2018 8:59 pm

I concur. At the time of application wife only has a wee bit over 1 year in Singapore. Coupled with race and the fact that you applied as a family while you were here on a DP but not here but working in India probably showed up when they check your travel habits with ICA. They were probably wondering why you had a DP when you were obviously not living here, but back in India.

You need to show that you are really wanting PR. So far, I don't think you have done that and those guys at ICA are a lot smarter than I am. Yeah, give it 2 more years of working IN SINGAPORE. Then try again.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

toolittletoolate

Post by toolittletoolate » Mon, 07 May 2018 9:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Education and work experience can never compensate for the residency requirements in SG. when you had applied earlier, did your wife (main applicant), have 3 years of tax paid? I would suggest you to try again after 2 years. Your chances would have improved by then.
Yeah tax paid is also something to consider. While my wife studied locally (been here since Jan 2010), at the time of application she actually had 0 NOA while by the time of rejection it was 2 (2016 & 2017).

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Tue, 08 May 2018 10:03 am

toolittletoolate wrote:I benefited reading posts on the forum during my application. Now adding one more data point for folks trying to find a pattern wrt PR application :)

Education:

Other notes:

Thanks for your input, toolittletoolate.

Aurora87

Post by Aurora87 » Tue, 08 May 2018 10:27 am

Just got my PR approved. Below is my profile for referrence:

Applied as a couple.
Nationality: both Indonesian
Race: both Chinese
Annual basic income: 90k++ (wife is not working, but living in SG)
Length of stay in SG (during submission): +/- 3years (done only 2 tax assessment at that time)
Waiting time: about 6 month

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Tue, 08 May 2018 10:55 am

Aurora87 wrote:Just got my PR approved. Below is my profile for referrence:

Applied as a couple.
Nationality: both Indonesian
Race: both Chinese
Annual basic income: 90k++ (wife is not working, but living in SG)
Length of stay in SG (during submission): +/- 3years (done only 2 tax assessment at that time)
Waiting time: about 6 month
Thanks for sharing, Aurora87.