Singapore Expats Forum

EP Renewal rejected. PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
syedharoonalam

EP Renewal rejected. PR Pending

Post by syedharoonalam » Fri, 06 Oct 2017 12:35 pm

Hi Guys,

I am an expat from Pakistan, been here in Singapore for 3 years. My company has recently applied for EP renewal but unfortunately, it was rejected, they also made an appeal, but it didn't work out as well.

I am in process of PR application (I applied it before starting the renewal process). My company has notified me that due to my PR application pending, applying for S pass is not an option.

I want to make sure if that's actually the rule? Can PR pending candidates are not eligible to apply for an S-pass?

Also, can any other company would be able to apply and get an S pass for me? (Provided that salary/education etc. is enough)Or do I only have an option of EP in any case now?

Thank you. Your answers/suggestions would be very helpful.

Cheers.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: EP Renewal rejected. PR Pending

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 06 Oct 2017 1:30 pm

syedharoonalam wrote:Hi Guys,

I am an expat from Pakistan, been here in Singapore for 3 years. My company has recently applied for EP renewal but unfortunately, it was rejected, they also made an appeal, but it didn't work out as well.

I am in process of PR application (I applied it before starting the renewal process). My company has notified me that due to my PR application pending, applying for S pass is not an option.

I want to make sure if that's actually the rule? Can PR pending candidates are not eligible to apply for an S-pass?

Also, can any other company would be able to apply and get an S pass for me? (Provided that salary/education etc. is enough)Or do I only have an option of EP in any case now?

Thank you. Your answers/suggestions would be very helpful.

Cheers.
For question 1:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/s-pass/can-an ... esident-pr

Can an S Pass holder apply to be a Singapore permanent resident (PR)?

Yes. If you hold an S Pass and wish to become a Singapore permanent resident, you can apply through the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The application will be assessed based on ICA's PR criteria.

For question 2: That's for you and your prospective employer.