Singapore Expats

Advice on PR route ? Pre-LTVP/LTVP/ PR Directly . Any chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dmltxfwe

Advice on PR route ? Pre-LTVP/LTVP/ PR Directly . Any chances

Post by dmltxfwe » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 3:28 am

Me(Indian citizen) and gf(Singaporean) planning to marry in Singapore in Jan 2018. I am currently living in US and gf is Singapore. I used to be in Singapore ( around 6 yrs) until 2015. I got transferred from SG to US branch in the same company at the start of 2016.
I was a tax payer(EP) in sg for 4 years. I studied masters in nus prior to working. I got rejected pr application in 2013 and 2015.

First of all do I have any chances of getting a PR if I apply directly after our marriage ?
Also would it increase by changes if I go through Pre-LTVP -> LTVP -> PR APPLICATION ?
we planned to buy hdb under non citizen spouse scheme as soon as we get married. Does any of this help with PR?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Advice on PR route ? Pre-LTVP/LTVP/ PR Directly . Any chances

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 3:55 am

dmltxfwe wrote:Me(Indian citizen) and gf(Singaporean) planning to marry in Singapore in Jan 2018. I am currently living in US and gf is Singapore. I used to be in Singapore ( around 6 yrs) until 2015. I got transferred from SG to US branch in the same company at the start of 2016.
I was a tax payer(EP) in sg for 4 years. I studied masters in nus prior to working. I got rejected pr application in 2013 and 2015.

First of all do I have any chances of getting a PR if I apply directly after our marriage ?
Also would it increase by changes if I go through Pre-LTVP -> LTVP -> PR APPLICATION ?
we planned to buy hdb under non citizen spouse scheme as soon as we get married. Does any of this help with PR?
Why not condo ? Buying house, in my honest opinion, don't help zilch.

Yes, don't jump the gun.

Go the LTVP route.

9 out of 10 immediate PRs are rejected with advice to go LTVP+ route. Unless you are a special person.

You can try though.

dmltxfwe

Post by dmltxfwe » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 5:18 am

ecureilx wrote:
dmltxfwe wrote:Me(Indian citizen) and gf(Singaporean) planning to marry in Singapore in Jan 2018. I am currently living in US and gf is Singapore. I used to be in Singapore ( around 6 yrs) until 2015. I got transferred from SG to US branch in the same company at the start of 2016.

Why not condo ? Buying house, in my honest opinion, don't help zilch.

Yes, don't jump the gun.

Go the LTVP route.

9 out of 10 immediate PRs are rejected with advice to go LTVP+ route. Unless you are a special person.

You can try though.
I haven't looked at condo market. If 4 rm hdb without grant Vs condo 4 rm rate within 100k I might actually. I hate mop 5 yrs for hdb. :(

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 7:32 am

I agree that MOP is painful. It severely limits the ability of Singaporeans to move locations when their kids move schools or family moves somewhere else. It's a very short sighted policy.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Jul 2017 10:46 am

Yeh, but it stops or at least slows down flipping. Something their countrymen were famous for.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers