Singapore Expats

MY PR Was Just Approved - Non-Malaysian-Chinese, Non-Indian Here

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
American
Regular
Regular

MY PR Was Just Approved - Non-Malaysian-Chinese, Non-Indian Here

Post by American » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:06 am

deleted to prevent unwanted quotation from external sources or misuse
Last edited by American on Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: MY PR Was Just Approved - Non-Malaysian-Chinese, Non-Indian Here

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:37 am

Congrats.

How did you show the connection and your roots in Singapore? :)

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:39 am

Last edited by American on Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:02 am

Opting for NS is a good factor in your PR application. But, I doubt that, if having a property in SG would add value.

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:15 am

Last edited by American on Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Post by brian_singapore » Tue, 11 Apr 2017 12:08 pm

Congratulations :)

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Wed, 12 Apr 2017 10:58 am

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:26 am

if you delete all your posts, then this thread is wasted.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:57 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:if you delete all your posts, then this thread is wasted.
Proper Singaporean activity, helping others is a sign of weakness :)

Next stop citizenry!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 6:57 pm

Barnsley. Yes I know quite Kiasu. Got paranoid since I saw my post automatically show up quoted on some advert/link and realized this could be misquoted. I had a bad experience in the past with one of the Gilbert Goh based websites sensationalizing a post I made about PEP. Truly sorry but just protecting my info after realizing it can manifest itself in all kinds of other sites

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 7:25 pm

American wrote:Barnsley. Yes I know quite Kiasu. Got paranoid since I saw my post automatically show up quoted on some advert/link and realized this could be misquoted. I had a bad experience in the past with one of the Gilbert Goh based websites sensationalizing a post I made about PEP. Truly sorry but just protecting my info after realizing it can manifest itself in all kinds of other sites
I understand.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Apr 2017 8:44 pm

As you didn't give any personal information, you could easily be identified as a douche bag now. A taker. We've seen our share here in the past dozen plus years.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Thu, 20 Apr 2017 1:31 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As you didn't give any personal information, you could easily be identified as a douche bag now. A taker. We've seen our share here in the past dozen plus years.
My very detailed info was in fAct there in the post I deleted. I am contributing to other posts albeit it says that are "careful" helpful but try not to rock the political boat. However I removed it After getting paranoid seeming my post Automaticay show up as "fake news" links with some strange icon I did not even select or know about get Auto assigned as hyperlinks in this forum. Some privacy concerns with that. I don't mean to be a douche and would love to contribute more openly to share in the fruits of a rich and healthy forum environment. Will be figuring out how to do that on an ongoing basis. Can't we protect this forum from Misuse by other news sites and even mainstream news? I thought the whole purpose of anonymous forums is you can be as open as possible without fear of misuse of your print.

American
Regular
Regular

Post by American » Thu, 20 Apr 2017 1:50 am

American wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:As you didn't give any personal information, you could easily be identified as a douche bag now. A taker. We've seen our share here in the past dozen plus years.
My very detailed info WAS in fact there in the post before I deleted. I am contributing to other posts albeit "carefully" now, to try and be helpful but also try not to rock the political boat and have my post show up as fake news on transitioning to give more fuel to all the shitty feeling SCs to flame another one of their new enemies. I removed this post after getting paranoid seeing my post Automaticay show up as "fake news" links with some strange face cartoon icon I did not even select or know about on this site how do our posts get Auto assigned as hyperlinks that look like news stores with cartoon Icons in this forum. Total misrepresentatio on and privacy violation. Some privacy concerns with that. I don't mean to be a douche and would love to contribute more openly to share in the fruits of a rich and healthy forum environment. Will be figuring out how to do that on an ongoing basis. Can't we protect this forum from Misuse by other news sites and even mainstream news and have nore privacy that our posts don't get reused in another platform for either ill gain or for for propaganda? I thought the whole purpose of anonymous forums is you can be as open as possible without fear of misuse of your print.
Our insightful quotes are getting twisted into news links picked up as other sites then further sensationalized.

And to summarize my profile and pr results, which I hear are fairly uncommon in this market are:

American born has independent EP from spouse
NonAmerican Spouse who has US green card holder through me, then she got a separate EP through her company, who then sponsors our Children's DP.
Each of our salaries separately are in excess of 12k/month (overall about 27k family net income a month )
Both of us attended prestigious name brand high ranking famous US uNIs, One for bachelors. The other spouse for masters. Both received years ago before coming here.
We work overall in the innovative technology space
2 full paid SG tax returns at time of app
3rd SG tax has just come in right before approval
We got out PR In 6 months approved based on the merits of our application and profile. As others not a CH IN Cauc Malay Or Eurasian, it seemed we still had a unique profile that the SG goVt was looking for - and that makes us grateful for best n accepted.
2 Childens currently in International School

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Apr 2017 9:40 am

Can't we protect this forum from Misuse by other news sites and even mainstream news and have nore privacy that our posts don't get reused in another platform for either ill gain or for for propaganda? I thought the whole purpose of anonymous forums is you can be as open as possible without fear of misuse of your print.

[rant]
Sure we can, but then it defeats the purpose of this forum, so graciously hosted by this real estate portal at absolutely no cost to us, the registered members. The whole purpose of hosting this forum is to draw eyeballs to the portal. If we make a closed forum, we cannot be viewed by those who don't know about us but need us. Even then, anybody can take a screen shot of the thread (which is what most of them do). Obviously, when posting on a public forum (even though all who post here have to register - for what that's worth) one should automatically be a bit circumspect if one is naturally paranoid. I've have my posts quoted numerous times over the 12 years I've been here as has Strong Eagle and some others here. And yes, it's is usually by Alternate Social Media, like ASS, TOC, and some of the other Fake News sites on the fringes of the Social Media network here on the little red dot. Do I care? Not a whit. I don't say anything I wouldn't say in public. Maybe I have bigger cojones, but I do tend to speak my mind without much BS (farm boy upbringing perchance?) But I'd say the same to somebody if they were in front of me as well. I know paranoia is rampant what with all the fake news stories coming out of the US at the moment but again, how much of that is real, half-truth or just plain "the onion".

Like you, I'm also an American. I went back to the US 18 months ago with a beard around 8" long. Everybody said I'd go through hell getting through TSA. If you listen to the stories, I should have shaved my beard completely off but I didn't. I never had a problem and waltzed through immigration at O'hara just like I normally do. Will I have a problem next month? In two weeks, I don't know. I reckon not. I've heard the stories of searching PC's and wanting you to log into your various FB or whatever. But how true is it? I guess if you give them something to question, It might happen, but again, I have nothing really to hide so I'm not concerned. Oh, I'll be returning next week with an 11" beard. But I don't wear a Burka, Turban but normally a Greek Fishing Cap as is my wont for 50 over years.

I really don't give a shit about what the locals on the Alt News sites think. I've been here 34 years, a PA member of 10 years, my son has done his NS and so has my daughter (She married an officer and has contributed a male NS man of the future). But. I'm still a PR. Will probably remain that way as I'm a veteran and will be turning 70 in 4 more months. In the words of that popular song, "don't worry, be happy!"

I will retract the douchebag statement, but I still think you are over-reacting. This forum is a veritable encyclopedia AND history book for incoming personnel. Everybody contributes and when posts are deliberately deleted by the OP, that information become useless for eternity and all we can do is delete the thread. Us old timers didn't have this facility when we arrived here (me in 1982) so we encourage everybody who uses this facility to help to pay if forward as we do, and not handicap our efforts.
[/rant]

If I have any problems it will be because my reservations are with UA! :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers