Singapore Expats

Citizenship application app after 9 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Bal

Citizenship application app after 9 months

Post by Bal » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 7:21 am

We went there to walk in to submit citizen application and after took taken checked forms and certs...then later some time they called me and put date with rubber stamp on check list page and saw that date after 9 mo ths...is it really like this now a days?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Citizenship application app after 9 months

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 8:10 am

Bal wrote:We went there to walk in to submit citizen application and after took taken checked forms and certs...then later some time they called me and put date with rubber stamp on check list page and saw that date after 9 mo ths...is it really like this now a days?
To be honest, I would love to know what your credentials are, just for curiosity sake !

Are you saying : a) ICA told you that the application is too soon, or b) They just told you that you submitted 9 months ago or c) Your application is in limbo ?

My England is not that powderful, but I catch no ball what you said there, and what you are asking there.

Maybe somebody more scientific than me can advise you ... Hang in there.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 8:32 am

I can understand the took taken checked forms part but the time-line of the events is vague. It appears the OP submitted the documents and after 9 months ICA called him again and only then acknowledged the documents submission.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 8:53 am

What the OP experienced is the current process for citizenship application. If you walk-in to the SG citizen counter, an officer will check your documents. If everything is in order, they will return the documents to you and will give you an appointment date in the future. This future appointment is the actual submission of documents. I am not sure if there is any faster way.

Bal

Post by Bal » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:31 am

Yes they checked docs and also asked me to fill new form for my kids due to i filled wrong. Then put a date after 9 months to submit docs....

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:03 pm

Bal wrote:Yes they checked docs and also asked me to fill new form for my kids due to i filled wrong. Then put a date after 9 months to submit docs....
:D Oh, that does make sense :D

See, walking in wont' let you jump the queue, unless you had exceptional needs ! Yours wasn't one of them.

So wait for 9 months to submit the documents requested.

PS, is that the best english you can do ? I am not hoping for perfect english, but your first post leaves a lot confused.

Bal

Post by Bal » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:09 pm

Sorry..i was frustrated and not typed properly due to waiting fof 9 months...

They did not give any reference no and waited there.. just put stamp one date and come after 9 months...a...r.y

Not sure it will get early through e application throug ica site and get app..

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:11 pm

So what's the rush?
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

lot286
Chatter
Chatter

Post by lot286 » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:30 pm

same thing happened to me last year in November - i walked in, and they gave me a 5 month waiting period to submit all my forms.. didnt know need to wait 9 months now!

Bal

Post by Bal » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:43 pm

Not rush but 9 months to submit i feel long.. 2yr bk i applied and not approved..already now 10 year now after the pr got..hmm need to wait another 1.5 yr to apply and get result.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 5:01 pm

Bal wrote:Sorry..i was frustrated and not typed properly due to waiting fof 9 months...
'oly crap! If you have to wait 18 to 24 months like some have on here, you'll be writing like a blithering idiot! Stress seems to not like you too much. :-k

However, if you've been a PR for 10 years and have been rejected once already after 8 years as a PR, I really don't like the sounds of it. Have you thought about a Plan B? Or, you could be like me, a PR for over a quarter of a century now! :-/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dynoto
Regular
Regular

Post by dynoto » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Or, you could be like me, a PR for over a quarter of a century now! :-/
Just curious though, did u ever consider converting the citizenship?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:33 pm

Nah. While my country has a lot of problems at the moment, I fought in a war to defend her (not exactly true - we didn't even belong there). She's my country and I'd still not give up my birthright. Especially to downgrade from a developed country to a developing country. Had they allowed dual citizenship like all developed countries do, it would have been a no-brainer. So, as long as they remain a 3rd world society living in a 1st world infrastructure, I'd had to pass. Now I'm too old anyway. I wouldn't give myself SG citizenship either as all I'd do is become a liability to the country as I'm almost 69 years old now. They've already sucked all the juices out of me. No need for me anymore. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 4:10 pm

dynoto wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Or, you could be like me, a PR for over a quarter of a century now! :-/
Just curious though, did u ever consider converting the citizenship?
Nah he's a relic at this stage, which is something Singapore doesn't want now. :P

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Mar 2016 5:15 pm

Sadly, lynx that is exactly the truth. They have already extracted all that they can from me, no reason to allow me to ge SGC, retire and become a drain on their resources (at higher subsidies).

But I'm not so sure about the relic part! :devil: