Singapore Expats

Finally long waited PR approval

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
herman_dd

Re: Finally long waited PR approval

Post by herman_dd » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 9:03 am

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share, my application which is still pending as well and now it already past 10 months and still counting. My first application was rejected in just 3.5 months.

It is mixed anxious and *envious* feeling :(

Hope this help.

-herman

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 9:54 am

herman_dd wrote:Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share, my application which is still pending as well and now it already past 10 months and still counting. My first application was rejected in just 3.5 months.

It is mixed anxious and *envious* feeling :(

Hope this help.

-herman
oh man, that's not right :D Somebody here swore results should be out within 6 months ;)

Hang in there mate !

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 12:51 pm

^^^This! Hope watcher is watching! :lol: :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

williamhuburn

Post by williamhuburn » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 9:05 pm

Tks all for sharing :)

I would say most of us don't ask just to estimate our application timings we know it will translate ours but more from normal human need to comfort and share oneself in knowing there are others like us
It is more so from anxiety per se - share hear and relieve
Pls don't take otherwise

So having clarified to my fellow mates, my initial question was those applying with families - any experiences to share?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Mar 2016 11:29 pm

Have you done a search of the threads? The question has been asked and answered umpteen times. This site has a excellent search engine.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sgstrait
Regular
Regular

Post by sgstrait » Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:00 am

Strangely enough it took 6-weeks for my in-principle PR approval letter to come through from the day on which the online status said "approved" to the letter arriving in the post.

williamhuburn

Post by williamhuburn » Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:10 am

Guys just to let all know my PR application was rejected
Feeling dejected and hopeless

angelofhell215

Post by angelofhell215 » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 8:45 am

williamhuburn wrote:Guys just to let all know my PR application was rejected
Feeling dejected and hopeless
Hi, im new in the forum hence not following the previous post, in case anyone asked you before, hope you don't mind a repeat question. When is your application date?

Thank you.

williamhuburn

Post by williamhuburn » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 12:01 pm

Angelofhell215 - it took about 7 months

Does anybody knows what are the possible avenues once PR application has been rejected
1. Can it be re-appealed? If yes, any known consequences or experience

2. This would be different than re-applying. The appointment dates now are 9 months later

As I don't know the reason of rejection - does it helps to appeal or apply via some agencies?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 12:07 pm

Answers, to the best of my knowledge.
williamhuburn wrote: Does anybody knows what are the possible avenues once PR application has been rejected
1. Can it be re-appealed? If yes, any known consequences or experience
Appeals, yes, by sending a letter, but ICA will still put you in the queue and you may get it reviewed 9 months later !

Your appeals succeed if there were exceptional changes, like you invented the new theory of relativity since the last application, or managed to rescue a 10,000 refugees and was given recognition by Ministry of x, y or Z, or your pay doubled, or your company - the one you own- employed 100 citizens.

If not, expect not much. And better to apply 1 year or 2 year later.
williamhuburn wrote: 2. This would be different than re-applying. The appointment dates now are 9 months later

Same same, from what I know. Makes no difference, I believe, for ICA. New application/vs appeal - gets put through the same process, Unless, as I said, there is some pressing need - like your son is a PR, or wife gave birth to citizen child etc.
williamhuburn wrote: As I don't know the reason of rejection - does it helps to appeal or apply via some agencies?
Nope, Agencies will take the money and still will not tell you why it was rejected. If you find an agency that claims otherwise, I would love to know - as I can refer a dozen guys who are in a similar predicament.

williamhuburn

Post by williamhuburn » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 9:00 pm

Ecureilx tks
So essentially unless one knows the reason behind his or her pr application rejection (which ICA Guards like Fort Knox) there is no way for applicants like me to work and improve upon
Only external factors like gov policy changes might result in favourable outcome. Which in current climate is unlikely.

Ya sort of agree on agencies - I didn't find anyone on net claiming like those PMP ones that 99% success rate or refund exam money

Wish there was a way to know the reasons and subsequently one would realise whether it is wise spending effort to integrate family in Singapore. Meaning if it's due to factors outside one control then no hope :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: Finally long waited PR approval

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:27 pm

williamhuburn wrote: Wish there was a way to know the reasons and subsequently one would realise whether it is wise spending effort to integrate family in Singapore. Meaning if it's due to factors outside one control then no hope :(
I am pretty sure you will never know, unless some anecdotal evidence can be an indicator.

Singapore possibly doesn't want prospective applicants to fill in the points, especially being a prosperous country in the region, it may open up all loopholes.

You may describe your race, nationality, job, status etc, for the regulars to give an opinion based on what's known and shared.

There are circumstances you can change. Example: increase your salary by 50%. Or get married to a local. Or rescue a child from a burning house ...

Govt policy? I am sure it will be tightened, not relaxed, to stem the inflow.