Singapore Expats

EP appeal, MOM ask for more documents. Chances?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
flatfacecat

EP appeal, MOM ask for more documents. Chances?

Post by flatfacecat » Thu, 24 Dec 2015 3:13 pm

Hey yall,

I am Indochinese previously obtained a degree from Raffles Design Institute, Singapore. I manage to secure a job in local advertising company, Then they applied me an EP, but was rejected on 7th of Dec due to MOM tighten the criteria for the salary (At least thats the reason of rejection).MOM hinted and told Hr to do SAT and it was okay. They appealed on the same day, with jacked up salary (4500/month). The next week, on Dec 14, they got e-mail from MOM to furnish several documents, such as my contract, financial statement, 3 month bank statement, and latest invoices. They mailed to MOM on 17th (night mail). Until now there's no news. What you guys think? is my chance quite slim or its actually a pretty good indicator that mine would be sucessfull? I stay in singapore for so long as a student, my girlfriend and everyone that mean so much in my life are all here. i can't image if i have to start back in indo ( my area very racist towards the chinese T.T and the pay is only 200$ - 400$ per month for my kind of jobs, feels like wanna cry alrdy liao)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP appeal, MOM ask for more documents. Chances?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Dec 2015 6:39 pm

I reckon they suspect you and your employer are planning on running a kickback scam whereby they are reporting one thing to MOM and actually paying a lot less. If they jacked it up to 4,500 from 4K it would surely raised some eyebrows.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: EP appeal, MOM ask for more documents. Chances?

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 25 Dec 2015 9:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I reckon they suspect you and your employer are planning on running a kickback scam whereby they are reporting one thing to MOM and actually paying a lot less. If they jacked it up to 4,500 from 4K it would surely raised some eyebrows.
There was a case I know, employee was refused DP, due to low salary. Her employer wrote a letter saying Pay has been increased by 1,000 $.

Mom replied saying they will consider the case after 6 months. 6 months later when they went to MOM to file for DP, the folks at MOM asked for bank statement of employee, employer, pay slips of all employees ....

And DP was approved but when the employee's pass came for renewal ministry asked for bank.statements again, till the employer became so frustrated they decided to lose the employee than be under a magnifying glass all the time.

Talk about scrutiny.