Singapore Expats

PR for wife and Daughter

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
since2012

PR for wife and Daughter

Post by since2012 » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 10:10 am

Hi,

First, I would like thank everyone for your time to answer questions.

I'm Indian, Living here since 2002 (13+ years), married on 2011, have a daughter.
I had applied PR for wife and daughter for 3 times, it was rejected.

First time for wife on 2012 , took 8 months, got rejected letter.
Second time for wife and daughter 2014, took more than 8 months, got rejected letter.
Third time for wife and daughter May 2015 , took just 3 months, got rejected letter.

Reply says that " your family continue to stay on existing pass"

My wife is not working as she take care of my daughter. Other than that, my track record is good like rest in terms of tax, cpf, community services, volunteer services & CC member since since 2012.

Since I studied at singapore poly 2005 and NTU 2009 for master, decided to call Singapore as home, willing to apply SC for family.Technically, wife, daughter Non-PR status blocking my application for SC. I had applied one time but got rejected.

I understand immigration policy are changed over time, and getting approval based time apply and prevailing condition exist at that time. But as human, it induce lot soul search like I can not form family here like others. People who migrated here 2008 became PR, form family.

I'm sure, I'm missing something in my application.
Could you please, someone has same experience or have knowledge about it advice me to point out?
and Can I appeal recent PR rejection?

Thanks again.

Cheers.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR for wife and Daughter

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 10:26 am

Sure you can appeal, but unless you have something new and relevant, it's not likely to change the outcome.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

since2012

Post by since2012 » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 10:46 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sure you can appeal, but unless you have something new and relevant, it's not likely to change the outcome.
Thanks for reply.

Can you guess what am I missing in my application in general?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 3:57 pm

I believe they have tightened approvals for PR and PR dependents for certain nationalities such as Indians, Filipinos, and others (except Malaysians). I also have tried to get PR for my daughter twice and failed both times. I will try again. I was able to get PR for my wife but that was in 2009 when PR was easier to get. For now, there is nothing we can do but hope for the best and improve ourselves. Keep doing what you are doing and maybe in the future, good things can happen.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 19 Sep 2015 9:55 pm

It's a pretty easy, but not guaranteed, way to get "undesirable" PRs (those whose demographic have dramatically increased since 2000 (2+% increase in a particular demographic (not the Chinese which dropped the same 2%). Think about it. For certain PRs who have married after obtaining their PR and subsequently have failed numerous times, will eventually go to Plan B (give up PR and move on) or Plan C (Divorce wife and keep PR and probably being rejected for SC later). You just have to be persistent and hopefully something will give way.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

since2012

Post by since2012 » Sun, 04 Oct 2015 4:48 pm

Hi,

I went ICA to get clarification, as usual they can not disclose the reason but they have option appeal current outcome with in 6 months if there is no change in application or documents.

I'm planning to appeal it and just wait it.

Thanks to everyone for time take and answer question.

Cheers !

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 10:03 am

There are an unbelievable number of people in various countries trying to jump to a stepping stone like Singapore; many who have fantastic qualifications and often the requisite experience. The PI is one I have a little more familiarity with. I think a few of the upper echelon in ICA and the PMD etc are having serious second thoughts and regrets about how easy they made PR a few years back. I expect to see it tighten up even harder and the bar to rise even higher. I also don't believe that PR will exist in it's current form for much longer (i.e. as a potential pathway to SC or even as a form or permanent visa - we have already seen progressive tightening on the regulations and I expect to see a large number of REP applications start to fail soon).

My view is that the OP is not likely to progress further to his goal as a SC, not because of a failing on his part but that because the Singapore government has finally realized they have been selling the golden goose for a price way under it's value.

You only have to look at countries like Australia that are now considering a minimum fee of $50,000 to even apply for PR to understand how desperate the situation is on both sides (i.e. those wanting to flee countries with limited economic opps or political freedom to those countries with limited resources (i.e. land/water/labour) who need both the cash and human capital).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

since2012

Post by since2012 » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 12:54 pm

PNGMK wrote:There are an unbelievable number of people in various countries trying to jump to a stepping stone like Singapore; many who have fantastic qualifications and often the requisite experience. The PI is one I have a little more familiarity with. I think a few of the upper echelon in ICA and the PMD etc are having serious second thoughts and regrets about how easy they made PR a few years back. I expect to see it tighten up even harder and the bar to rise even higher. I also don't believe that PR will exist in it's current form for much longer (i.e. as a potential pathway to SC or even as a form or permanent visa - we have already seen progressive tightening on the regulations and I expect to see a large number of REP applications start to fail soon).

My view is that the OP is not likely to progress further to his goal as a SC, not because of a failing on his part but that because the Singapore government has finally realized they have been selling the golden goose for a price way under it's value.

You only have to look at countries like Australia that are now considering a minimum fee of $50,000 to even apply for PR to understand how desperate the situation is on both sides (i.e. those wanting to flee countries with limited economic opps or political freedom to those countries with limited resources (i.e. land/water/labour) who need both the cash and human capital).

Thank you for detail and insight information about here and region.

In fact, I did not done any research on that so far as never think of migrate to another country. Immigration and refuges problem are changing government approach for PR and Citizen around the world. e.g. :

In 2000 then PM Goh Chok Tong coined that more than 10 years in country , you are already citizen of country in terms of culture, community, human behaviour. I believe that's good statement.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 1:04 pm

He is the former Prime Minister of Singapore. ;)

jilljungjuck

Post by jilljungjuck » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 1:18 pm

Make the appeal and try your luck. I would urge you to keep an open mind though. There was a cna article recently about Singapore population targets. Singapore would like to keep the pr and new citizen numbers constant at ~30k and ~20k respectively.
Look at this graph.
Article link : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/s ... 60262.html

If one had got their pr approved between 2007 & 2009 be prepared to accept that we may not be one of the chosen 30k that the government actually wants here. Family members' pr application gets rejected, citizenship applications get rejected etc. As someone had previously mentioned these are ways to ensure that they retain only the best quality prs and improve the pool.
All we can do is try our luck and hope. The system is fair in the long run.

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 1:30 pm

It'd also be interesting to see how the numbers of PR applications and citizenship applications have tracked over the years.

The CNA article also notes that the net increase in foreign employment has decelerated over the past 4+ years. That's one way the pool of potential qualified PR applicants is decreasing -- or at least not increasing as quickly.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:07 am

BBCWatcher wrote:He is the former Prime Minister of Singapore. ;)
You obviously didn't read 'since 2012's post did you?

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You obviously didn't read 'since 2012's post did you?
Obviously I did, SMS. I think you missed the joke, even though it was marked as such. It's perhaps less funny if I have to explain it, but OK, here goes....

Since2012 paraphrased Goh Chok Tong's remark that after 10 years one becomes a de facto citizen in terms of assimilation, agreeing with that remark. I merely emphasized Since2012's point that Goh is the former Prime Minister, thus implying that the former PM's remark might be the reason he's former. It's a joke, and it's funny. Laugh, or at least chuckle. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:41 am

Sorry. I don't see anything funny at all. Oh well

BBCWatcher
Editor
Editor

Post by BBCWatcher » Wed, 07 Oct 2015 11:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry. I don't see anything funny at all.
That's because you've lived in Singapore more than 10 years. :D