PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Sun, 05 Dec 2021 6:25 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 05 Dec 2021 6:04 pm
smoulder wrote:
Sun, 05 Dec 2021 12:54 pm
sgpexpat50 wrote:
Sun, 05 Dec 2021 3:03 am
I have applied for PR 10 months ago and it is in process, if I changed my mind what's the process?
What's your profile? High chance they will reject you and save you the "trouble" 😏
it is there in his previous posts
Everything except salary. But yea I see a very generic looking Indian couple earning what is apparently a high income (reference to wd40's reply). So probably the ICA will sort out his decision for him.

In the event that he is lucky, forget about future PR applications and probably his kids too.

Kratos21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 9:24 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Kratos21 » Mon, 06 Dec 2021 9:30 am

Hello everyone
Here are my details.
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Family: Married with daugter
Citizenship: Indian
Education: Bachelor of Science india , Executive Programme NUS
Current Job: Director ( Permanent Job) Banking
Annual Salary: Around 240k plus bonus 200k
In SG since Feb 2013 ( All permanent jobs have grown in Singapore in last nine years )
Active member in two societies in Singapore for education and social welfare for last 2 year

Applied : 6 times all rejected , 1 appeal rejected .
Motivation : Dont give up and keep applying as i feel you will not get untill you apply . I love the place and want to start up my own once i get PR .
Looking for some inputs to assess my chances of getting an approval.
Applied last month

User avatar
emergency234
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 6:26 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by emergency234 » Mon, 06 Dec 2021 10:42 am

^ its not the salary that is the problem.And I am not a member of any welfare societies with no history of volunteering ( Does this even work or do you get negative marks for trying too hard :D as apparently Indians do try to ' game ' the system )
Hence it's probably the job profile :-k
The regulars here will probably have a better answer.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Dec 2021 11:28 am

Kratos21 wrote:
Mon, 06 Dec 2021 9:30 am
Hello everyone
Here are my details.
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Family: Married with daugter
Citizenship: Indian
Education: Bachelor of Science india , Executive Programme NUS
Current Job: Director ( Permanent Job) Banking
Annual Salary: Around 240k plus bonus 200k
In SG since Feb 2013 ( All permanent jobs have grown in Singapore in last nine years )
Active member in two societies in Singapore for education and social welfare for last 2 year

Applied : 6 times all rejected , 1 appeal rejected .
Motivation : Dont give up and keep applying as i feel you will not get untill you apply . I love the place and want to start up my own once i get PR .
Looking for some inputs to assess my chances of getting an approval.
Applied last month
Main reason is the quota and the high profile job in finance where you may move out easily anytime that is causing the rejection.

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by smoulder » Mon, 06 Dec 2021 11:38 am

Kratos21 wrote:
Mon, 06 Dec 2021 9:30 am
Hello everyone
Here are my details.
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Family: Married with daugter
Citizenship: Indian
Education: Bachelor of Science india , Executive Programme NUS
Current Job: Director ( Permanent Job) Banking
Annual Salary: Around 240k plus bonus 200k
In SG since Feb 2013 ( All permanent jobs have grown in Singapore in last nine years )
Active member in two societies in Singapore for education and social welfare for last 2 year

Applied : 6 times all rejected , 1 appeal rejected .
Motivation : Dont give up and keep applying as i feel you will not get untill you apply . I love the place and want to start up my own once i get PR .
Looking for some inputs to assess my chances of getting an approval.
Applied last month
Is that your combined salary (including wife)? If you really wanted that pr and to start a business, you could have probably found means to start that business, employed locals and probably improved your chances of becoming a PR. As it stands, Singapore doesn't care about whether you love it here, it only cares about what you bring to the table.

Kratos21
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 9:24 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by Kratos21 » Mon, 06 Dec 2021 3:46 pm

Thanks Guys for taking time and responding . Basically thats what is my feelign don’t understand why ? If i could move quickly would have moved by now rather waiting almost 9 years and if i could have started business without PR i would have but being a financial professional my business domain is regulated and for me to start i need to be licensed independently and large investment , so its chicken and egg situation . I am not in rush and was never in past . But after so many years still feels what is lacking in profile or its just sheer unluck ? Salary is my own ,wife is homemaker . Any ways i am also clue less as every one . No harm keeping hopes alive . Thanks again for your inputs . appreciate!

kianjin86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 10 May 2020 6:45 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by kianjin86 » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:19 am

Hi everyone,
I am PR since Feb 2021 this year. I have been working in Singapore for 3years and 3 months.
Married for 5+ years in Malaysia, no children now.
my spouse is currently not working and holding LTVP. I have submitted the sponsor PR application for her since March.
What is the chances for an unemployed spouse to get PR under sponsorship?

Below is my info:
Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Gender : Male
Age : 35 Years Old
Marital Status : Married (with malaysian)
Salary : 85k/annual
Overall stay in Singapore : 3 year 3 months.
Spouse : currently holding LTVP.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 9:14 am

kianjin86 wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:19 am
Hi everyone,
I am PR since Feb 2021 this year. I have been working in Singapore for 3years and 3 months.
Married for 5+ years in Malaysia, no children now.
my spouse is currently not working and holding LTVP. I have submitted the sponsor PR application for her since March.
What is the chances for an unemployed spouse to get PR under sponsorship?

Below is my info:
Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Gender : Male
Age : 35 Years Old
Marital Status : Married (with malaysian)
Salary : 85k/annual
Overall stay in Singapore : 3 year 3 months.
Spouse : currently holding LTVP.
What do you work as ?
Likely should be ok

kianjin86
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 10 May 2020 6:45 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by kianjin86 » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 9:47 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 9:14 am
kianjin86 wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:19 am
Hi everyone,
I am PR since Feb 2021 this year. I have been working in Singapore for 3years and 3 months.
Married for 5+ years in Malaysia, no children now.
my spouse is currently not working and holding LTVP. I have submitted the sponsor PR application for her since March.
What is the chances for an unemployed spouse to get PR under sponsorship?

Below is my info:
Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Gender : Male
Age : 35 Years Old
Marital Status : Married (with malaysian)
Salary : 85k/annual
Overall stay in Singapore : 3 year 3 months.
Spouse : currently holding LTVP.
What do you work as ?
Likely should be ok
I am working as electronic engineer in semiconductor company. Take note that the PR application is for my wife who is currently a LTVP holder without any employment, so there is a chance to get PR for her under my sponsorship? ( as i thought it is hard or not possible to get PR for unemployed person, cos no CPF later?)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 10:05 am

kianjin86 wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 9:47 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 9:14 am
kianjin86 wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:19 am
Hi everyone,
I am PR since Feb 2021 this year. I have been working in Singapore for 3years and 3 months.
Married for 5+ years in Malaysia, no children now.
my spouse is currently not working and holding LTVP. I have submitted the sponsor PR application for her since March.
What is the chances for an unemployed spouse to get PR under sponsorship?

Below is my info:
Nationality : Malaysian
Race : Chinese
Gender : Male
Age : 35 Years Old
Marital Status : Married (with malaysian)
Salary : 85k/annual
Overall stay in Singapore : 3 year 3 months.
Spouse : currently holding LTVP.
What do you work as ?
Likely should be ok
I am working as electronic engineer in semiconductor company. Take note that the PR application is for my wife who is currently a LTVP holder without any employment, so there is a chance to get PR for her under my sponsorship? ( as i thought it is hard or not possible to get PR for unemployed person, cos no CPF later?)
Yes only via sponsor and not on her own

watertoen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 7:48 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by watertoen » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:00 pm

Updating the community with a datapoint FWIW:

PR Rejected in about 4 months

Brief of profile: Mid 30s, Double-income-no-kids Indian couple (investments and healthcare industry respectively). Second application since moving to Singapore.

----
Couple of pointers for those scrolling the posts, while waiting for their PR results (my 2 cents):

1. I made the mistake of getting an 'agency' to help with my first PR application. It was before I knew of this forum, or had much info regarding how the process works. IMO, agencies are a complete waste of time (as senior folk on this forum have repeated ad nauseum).

2. Singapore PR is a bit like a lottery (especially if you are an Indian national); treat it as such - meaning, make sure you have a back up plan to achieve your goals (if immigration ranks high as a life goal). Its wonderful if you get it, but spend time thinking about the downside scenario and planning for one.
----

As for my wife and me, we've decided not to apply again, and move out of SG in the near term.

korosensei
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 10:46 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by korosensei » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:01 pm

Kratos21 wrote:
Mon, 06 Dec 2021 3:46 pm
Thanks Guys for taking time and responding . Basically thats what is my feelign don’t understand why ? If i could move quickly would have moved by now rather waiting almost 9 years and if i could have started business without PR i would have but being a financial professional my business domain is regulated and for me to start i need to be licensed independently and large investment , so its chicken and egg situation . I am not in rush and was never in past . But after so many years still feels what is lacking in profile or its just sheer unluck ? Salary is my own ,wife is homemaker . Any ways i am also clue less as every one . No harm keeping hopes alive . Thanks again for your inputs . appreciate!

its more on race I guess. high points goes on race.

HODL
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 4:10 pm

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by HODL » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 1:53 pm

watertoen wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 12:00 pm
Updating the community with a datapoint FWIW:

PR Rejected in about 4 months

Brief of profile: Mid 30s, Double-income-no-kids Indian couple (investments and healthcare industry respectively). Second application since moving to Singapore.

----
Couple of pointers for those scrolling the posts, while waiting for their PR results (my 2 cents):

1. I made the mistake of getting an 'agency' to help with my first PR application. It was before I knew of this forum, or had much info regarding how the process works. IMO, agencies are a complete waste of time (as senior folk on this forum have repeated ad nauseum).

2. Singapore PR is a bit like a lottery (especially if you are an Indian national); treat it as such - meaning, make sure you have a back up plan to achieve your goals (if immigration ranks high as a life goal). Its wonderful if you get it, but spend time thinking about the downside scenario and planning for one.
----

As for my wife and me, we've decided not to apply again, and move out of SG in the near term.
been seeing quite a number of recent application that got rejected are all within 4 months both here and in a pr application chinese database.

sengun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 1:40 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sengun » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 2:00 pm

I read that the SG government cares if you transfer money out of SG. Is that true? As an American, I don't have many investment options other than moving my sg income to a US brokerage to invest.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3657
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 07 Dec 2021 5:06 pm

sengun wrote:
Tue, 07 Dec 2021 2:00 pm
I read that the SG government cares if you transfer money out of SG. Is that true? As an American, I don't have many investment options other than moving my sg income to a US brokerage to invest.
I dont think so it is real. But they may look at your financial credit rating to make sure no issues?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests