Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
thirdbanana
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 12:06 pm

Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by thirdbanana » Mon, 20 Sep 2021 12:02 pm

Wanted to post my case as a data point for your reference. I previously posted in this forum about my Appliction, thank you for your advice.

So I've been in Singapore for about 15 years now. I applied for my citizenship in Jan-2019, got my AIP in early August-2021. It took me about a month and a half to complete the Singapore journey, and formalities with the High Commission of India and finally got my pink slip. Still waiting for the ceremony to get my actual IC.

Age: 30
PR since Aug-2016
Marital Status: Married
Race: Indian
Wife: Indian citizen on LTVP

I got married after my application for SC, so wife was not included in the application. The waiting time was long, and I got a call from ICA a couple of weeks after I renewed my REP (first renewal). I'm not sure if the last point has anything to do with the process.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 20 Sep 2021 9:16 pm

Congrats! You’d think they probably took this long because they were waiting for your first REP renewal.

What was the call from ICA about anyway?

thirdbanana
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 12:06 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by thirdbanana » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:05 am

Thank you! I thought so too based on the duration, but there was the election, and lockdown in between so I'm not really sure.

They asked me for updated employment details cos I switched jobs in between. I had dropped them an email on that like a year before, and they were verifying it I guess.

mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:30 am

thirdbanana wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:05 am
Thank you! I thought so too based on the duration, but there was the election, and lockdown in between so I'm not really sure.

They asked me for updated employment details cos I switched jobs in between. I had dropped them an email on that like a year before, and they were verifying it I guess.
Did you get a huge pay increment? I think SF did mention based on your earlier pay that your salary is on the lower side. Then again, whether changing jobs tipped the scales in your favor…we won’t know either

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by smoulder » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:58 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:30 am
thirdbanana wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:05 am
Thank you! I thought so too based on the duration, but there was the election, and lockdown in between so I'm not really sure.

They asked me for updated employment details cos I switched jobs in between. I had dropped them an email on that like a year before, and they were verifying it I guess.
Did you get a huge pay increment? I think SF did mention based on your earlier pay that your salary is on the lower side. Then again, whether changing jobs tipped the scales in your favor…we won’t know either
60k for a 28 year old isn't too shabby is it?

mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 3:39 pm

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:58 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:30 am
thirdbanana wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:05 am
Thank you! I thought so too based on the duration, but there was the election, and lockdown in between so I'm not really sure.

They asked me for updated employment details cos I switched jobs in between. I had dropped them an email on that like a year before, and they were verifying it I guess.
Did you get a huge pay increment? I think SF did mention based on your earlier pay that your salary is on the lower side. Then again, whether changing jobs tipped the scales in your favor…we won’t know either
60k for a 28 year old isn't too shabby is it?
60k for a 28 year old generally? pretty good
60k for a 28 year old indian national...? it is what it is.

I probably have it even worse as a Pakistani so I get it

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by smoulder » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 3:42 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 3:39 pm
smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:58 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:30 am


Did you get a huge pay increment? I think SF did mention based on your earlier pay that your salary is on the lower side. Then again, whether changing jobs tipped the scales in your favor…we won’t know either
60k for a 28 year old isn't too shabby is it?
60k for a 28 year old generally? pretty good
60k for a 28 year old indian national...? it is what it is.

I probably have it even worse as a Pakistani so I get it
Lol OK point taken. Are you in the classified as Indian by the gahmen?

mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 3:45 pm

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 3:42 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 3:39 pm
smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 2:58 pm

60k for a 28 year old isn't too shabby is it?
60k for a 28 year old generally? pretty good
60k for a 28 year old indian national...? it is what it is.

I probably have it even worse as a Pakistani so I get it
Lol OK point taken. Are you in the classified as Indian by the gahmen?
No idea man. I've wondered this too and I remember having a conversation with SMS about it but as far as I know, it's anyone's guess. Maybe ICA classifies all South Asians as Indians? Maybe they classify only Indians as Indians (which would mean BD, Sri Lankans and Pakistanis are classified as Others).

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by smoulder » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 4:33 pm

I was always under the impression that Pakistanis, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis were all classified as Indians. What does it say on your ID card?

mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 21 Sep 2021 5:02 pm

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 4:33 pm
I was always under the impression that Pakistanis, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis were all classified as Indians. What does it say on your ID card?
It says race as Pakistani, though I somehow remember long ago when I was a kid my student pass used to say Indian. Not too sure that was 20 years ago

thirdbanana
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 12:06 pm

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by thirdbanana » Wed, 22 Sep 2021 1:44 pm

> Did you get a huge pay increment? I think SF did mention based on your earlier pay that your salary is on the lower side.

I wouldn't say huge, but I did get a good bump by 2019/20 standards.

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 1

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 23 Sep 2021 2:14 am

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 21 Sep 2021 4:33 pm
I was always under the impression that Pakistanis, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis were all classified as Indians. What does it say on your ID card?
I think the classification is much more specific than it used to be. Eg. Javanese vs. simply Malay.

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 1

Re: Singapore Citizenship approved after 32 months

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 23 Sep 2021 2:14 am

thirdbanana wrote:
Mon, 20 Sep 2021 12:02 pm
Wanted to post my case as a data point for your reference. I previously posted in this forum about my Appliction, thank you for your advice.

So I've been in Singapore for about 15 years now. I applied for my citizenship in Jan-2019, got my AIP in early August-2021. It took me about a month and a half to complete the Singapore journey, and formalities with the High Commission of India and finally got my pink slip. Still waiting for the ceremony to get my actual IC.

Age: 30
PR since Aug-2016
Marital Status: Married
Race: Indian
Wife: Indian citizen on LTVP

I got married after my application for SC, so wife was not included in the application. The waiting time was long, and I got a call from ICA a couple of weeks after I renewed my REP (first renewal). I'm not sure if the last point has anything to do with the process.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!
Congrats!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests