Singapore Expats

Can I make my foreign child as Singapore Citizen?

Events and gatherings for the 40's Club
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: Can I make my foreign child as Singapore Citizen?

Post by malcontent » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 9:22 am

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 1:29 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:12 am
smoulder wrote:
Wed, 30 Mar 2022 12:49 am
^ Children is one I'm guessing?
So if the first wife was infertile?
Maybe.
I guess back in the day, they had dozens of kids… the women were probably viewed as baby factories — and one factory can only produce so much for so long.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 9:28 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:14 am
therat wrote:
Wed, 30 Mar 2022 9:31 am
https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-ar ... singapore/

Polygynous marriage
A polygynous marriage is when a man has more than one wife. A Muslim man may marry up to 4 wives at a time. To marry another wife, the man must fill in an application for polygyny and submit it in person to the ROMM. A fee of $380 is payable per application.

To be eligible for a polygnous marriage, the husband must:

Be capable of providing for the financial, physical and emotional well-being of his wives;
Have a good marriage life and is not taking on another wife because he currently does not have a good marriage life; and
Have specific reasons for taking on another wife, for example, benefits that can be provided by a new marriage that the existing marriage(s) cannot provide. However, love cannot be one of such benefits.
The Kadi, a religious official who solemnises Muslim marriages, will review all applications. Upon reviewing, the Kadi will hold separate appointments with the husband, each of his existing wives and the proposed spouse and take signed statements from each party.

From these statements and evidence provided by all parties, the Kadi will make a written judgment. This judgment will be posted to the man, with copies sent to his existing wives and proposed spouse.

If the marriage has been approved, an application for registration may then be made.
Find it hard to imagine there are people here who actually do this, I’ve NEVER met a man with multiple wives in all my years here.
My teacher has 2 wives - both are sister. :wink:
Both stay together.

But it is very very rare.
Long time ago, I was chatting with my Muslim friend. He said even Muslim can have 4 wives but it is not that simple as you think. It is not like you can happy happy married all 4.
You need the 1st wife to agree before you take in 2nd one.
When you want to take in 3rd wife, you need 1st and 2nd wife to agree.
Then all wives and kid treatment has to be the same.
Like you buy a car for 3rd wife, you also need to buy for 1st and 2nd wife.

You cannot sayang one and dont sayang the other one.

Conclusion: the husband must be very rich or affordable or capable inorder to support and manage N family.

Further more, Islamic law permit them to use condom. So.. generally Muslim has larger family size.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:17 pm

therat wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 9:28 am
Lisafuller wrote:
therat wrote:
Wed, 30 Mar 2022 9:31 am
https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-ar ... singapore/

Polygynous marriage
A polygynous marriage is when a man has more than one wife. A Muslim man may marry up to 4 wives at a time. To marry another wife, the man must fill in an application for polygyny and submit it in person to the ROMM. A fee of $380 is payable per application.

To be eligible for a polygnous marriage, the husband must:

Be capable of providing for the financial, physical and emotional well-being of his wives;
Have a good marriage life and is not taking on another wife because he currently does not have a good marriage life; and
Have specific reasons for taking on another wife, for example, benefits that can be provided by a new marriage that the existing marriage(s) cannot provide. However, love cannot be one of such benefits.
The Kadi, a religious official who solemnises Muslim marriages, will review all applications. Upon reviewing, the Kadi will hold separate appointments with the husband, each of his existing wives and the proposed spouse and take signed statements from each party.

From these statements and evidence provided by all parties, the Kadi will make a written judgment. This judgment will be posted to the man, with copies sent to his existing wives and proposed spouse.

If the marriage has been approved, an application for registration may then be made.
Find it hard to imagine there are people here who actually do this, I’ve NEVER met a man with multiple wives in all my years here.
Both stay together.

Long time ago, I was chatting with my Muslim friend. He said even Muslim can have 4 wives but it is not that simple as you think. It is not like you can happy happy married all 4.

Conclusion: the husband must be very rich or affordable or capable inorder to support and manage N family.

Further more, Islamic law permit them to use condom. So.. generally Muslim has larger family size.
Wow, so interesting. Do you mean Islamic law prohibits the use of condoms? Any reason for this?

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 8:32 pm

I dont think I have enough knowledge to answer that.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:02 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 6:17 pm
therat wrote:
Thu, 31 Mar 2022 9:28 am
Lisafuller wrote:

Both stay together.

Wow, so interesting. Do you mean Islamic law prohibits the use of condoms? Any reason for this?
It’s not just Islam…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/ ... rt-history
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr