Singapore Expats

Wanted: Grocery buddies

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
horchata

Wanted: Grocery buddies

Post by horchata » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 2:39 am

I'm tired of lingering too long at the olive oil section of the grocery store by myself.

I'm looking for kindred spirits living in the city (Orchard Road neighbors would be amazing!) who love food, cooking and grocery shopping as much as I do; for recipe swapping, weekly misadventures while purchasing fresh produce, the occasional connoisseur coffee or tea and maybe even dinner parties. Yeah okay, it might get a little bougie.

Bonus points if you love Tony Bourdain and use recyclable shopping bags (plastic is so 1990s), holler if you're keen on a 1% cookoff!

Lmh1210

Hello

Post by Lmh1210 » Sun, 25 Mar 2012 6:30 pm

Hello, Im living around the orchard area and would love to meet a coffee/explorer-of-the-hidden-underground-food-centers-of-orchard buddy! let me know if your keen! Lauren

jscka

Post by jscka » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:03 pm

Haha this is hilarious, I have the same problem at grocery shops (well, it's mainly occupation-induced)! I gotta meet you two, and I also live in the area.

By the way, I'm organizing an expat meet up (in another thread) this Sunday, just a simple coffee with a few others. I have an e-mail list going so if you're interested in joining, leave me your e-mail and I'll add you to it.

If not, let's meet another time? (I also happen to live by Mr. Bourdain).

Arzff

Post by Arzff » Mon, 02 Apr 2012 3:39 pm

Hi neighbors,  I'm absolutely up to the idea of getting grocery shopping pals, coz rushing around to get it done has been weighting on me for long...

Telling the truth I'm a creative part-time cook,,meaning randomly mix veggies with whatever at hand to bring on a socalled love feast for besties or just for myself... Anyway cooking is always the effective fix to get rid of carbs and spreadsheet stress... :)

Wouldnt it be ''funtastic'' to chill out at a tea house after dinner (but my fav. spot is Dubliner..lol) or grab a taste of vietnamese coffee (how I became addicted?!..)  / or even take a walk at some garden around?

What a jolly work-n-life balance,huh...
Last edited by Arzff on Sat, 21 Apr 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bkelly23

Post by bkelly23 » Thu, 19 Apr 2012 8:52 pm

your post is amazing

Kayleen

Post by Kayleen » Sun, 22 Apr 2012 6:36 pm

Locals welcome?