Singapore Expats

How to slim down

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
jackkawn

How to slim down

Post by jackkawn » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 3:28 pm

I tried running 3 times a week, 3 km each run. But weight's not coming down...what else can I do to lose the weight..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: How to slim down

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 4:28 pm

Change your diet. Running alone will not help you to lose weight, but could, in fact cause you to gain through muscle mass which is heavier than fat. Quit eating Rice, Potatoes, Pasta/noodles, White Bread and ditch the salt and sugar as condiments or in your cooking. That will make a good start. Also stay away from UFOs (Unidentified Fried Objects).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: How to slim down

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:27 pm

The only way to lose weight effectively is to be in caloric deficit. This means that the number of calories you consume daily must be less than the number of calories you burn. This does not require you to starve yourself, rather it just means eating foods that are less calorie dense- think fruits, vegetables, minimal artificial sugar. Aside from this, exercise always helps to speed up weight loss by burning calories, allowing you to enter a state of caloric deficit. My personal favorite form of exercise is boxing, where you can burn anywhere from 600-800 calories in an hour long session.