Singapore Expats

Yoskarn Clinic

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Yoskarn Clinic

Post by boii18 » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 2:52 pm

Hi Is anyone going to Yoskarn for surgery in Thailand, Bangkok? I am going there to do revision lip lift. Please help as little is known about.

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Tue, 07 Jul 2009 3:23 pm

hi boi18 is so nice to hear from you again in the forum. I wanted to do lip life and reduction as well unfortunately this is not a popular surgeries hence couldnt get any advice. Would you be able to advise on the lip lift and reduction you have done with tokai ?

Im interested to go bkk in august or something. Not sure if we could tag along. Convenient for you to give me your messenger id ? Hope to hear from you. Thanks

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Re: Yoskarn Clinic

Post by Breeoei » Mon, 13 Jul 2009 8:07 pm

boii18 wrote:Hi Is anyone going to Yoskarn for surgery in Thailand, Bangkok? I am going there to do revision lip lift. Please help as little is known about.

Hi Boii18:)

You are not done with your surgery?
BREE

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Thu, 16 Jul 2009 4:21 am

Am going to yoskarn in two weeks! Yes I agree I havent heard too much Dr Somyos Kunachak on the internet. Theres a few threads related to him on thaivisa.com

I try not to put too much emphasis on using the internet as my main source though, reason being, I have had surgery in Malaysia by a really good Dr who did an excellent job and me and my family's friends. When I search him on the internet theres no reviews on him at all. Many people may go through word of mouth rather than using the internet maybe?

edited to add-
Boi when are you going and where are you staying?! I will be staying in aphrodite, its a special rate for Yoskarn patients.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Mon, 20 Jul 2009 9:03 am

Hey

I haven't booked my air tickets yet. So I cant comment about the hotel. Do let me know the outcome of the surgery okay? Thanks, cos there is really few information about this clinic

I will actually be going in 2 months time, i hope hes a good ddoc

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Mon, 27 Jul 2009 1:50 am

i will report back! Less than a week now! Cant wait!!!

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:29 am

Do share with us once you are done!

What would you be doing?

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Re: Yoskarn Clinic

Post by confabulate » Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:38 pm

boii18 wrote:Hi Is anyone going to Yoskarn for surgery in Thailand, Bangkok? I am going there to do revision lip lift. Please help as little is known about.
Hi Boi18, im planning to do Lip Reduction AND Lip Lift. You wanna share your experince on this ? Since you have done it b4.

Also, do you have any idea about this clinic

http://www.sp-cosmeticsurgery.net/thail ... &Itemid=38

rachels

Post by rachels » Thu, 30 Jul 2009 9:24 pm

Yoskarn does things like eyelash implants which no one else will do, there are many english girls using this clinic

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:02 am

Hi any updates. greatly appreciated.

rachels

Post by rachels » Fri, 31 Jul 2009 9:51 pm

i've heard quite good things about Dr Somyos Kunachak, but i am concerned about how cheap Dr Nara is, i just wonder why he is so cheap.

kierasee

Post by kierasee » Sat, 01 Aug 2009 4:42 pm

rachels wrote:Yoskarn does things like eyelash implants which no one else will do, there are many english girls using this clinic

Hi Rachel,

How does eyelash implant work? is it anything like eyelash extension that only last for a few weeks or is it permanent?
Body and Face Enhancement!!!

rachels

Post by rachels » Sun, 02 Aug 2009 7:20 am

It's permanent, if you want more details then PM me

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Tue, 04 Aug 2009 9:26 am

ukorientalgirl wrote:i will report back! Less than a week now! Cant wait!!!
Hi hope you're doing fine, let me know how it is even though its abit too premature to judge results.. and how is the doctor?

He seems quite experienced.

ukorientalgirl
Regular
Regular

Post by ukorientalgirl » Tue, 11 Aug 2009 9:15 pm

Hey everyone!

Got back from Yoskarn a couple of days ago. And I am happy to say, a very successful trip!!!!

I really dont know where to start, anywho. I had 3 procedures done at Yoskarn, eyelash implants, eyelid revision and rino (alar, tiplasty and refinement of bridge)

When I arrived in Thailand i was taken straight to the hospital for some tests, blood pressure, x-ray and blood tests, needless to say this really scared me and I started having doubts about the whole trip. My main worry was that I was not fit enough to go through with the surgery so thank god it was all ok!

Anyway I will try keep it short. I stayed at aphrodite inn which is linked directly with yoskarn, they have a door that leads straight into the clinic so no need to walk the streets all puffy and swollen!

My consultation with Dr Somyos Kunachak was about 25 minutes, he had his surgical gear on and seemed a bit rushed for time. he looked at my nose and proposed a silicone implant alar, tip refinement. I said no to the silicone implant which he accepted. My main concern with my nose is not my bridge, altho it is not very high it is not low to start off with. So he suggested alar,tiplasty bridge refinement and aquamid on the upper part of my nose bridge. I asked to see some pictures and he said to look at his website, admittedly this disheartened me a little. So then I asked his assistants if i could see pictures and they said they would show me the next day which they did after i had paid. I think they are only willing to show you before and afters when you are definately going to have surgery with them.

I looked at rhinos of western and asian patients and i have to say they were incredible. Alot of them were revisions too which is actually alot harder than primary. Some of them had really complexed noses and Dr Kunachak had managed to turn them not only into 'normal' looking noses but into really beautiful looking ones. There were lots of folders of before and after pictures, she couldnt show me most of them as they had not given permission. But the ones I saw made me much more confident and relaxed about the whole situation. I saw a couple of eyelid revisions, which again I was impressed with and a few eyelash transplant ones.

Had my eyes and nose done together, minimal pain although the injections were quite nasty. The packing that is used to stuff the nose is awful too, i couldnt breathe out of my nose for 3 days and had a really sore throat and any water i tried to drink kept going up the wrong pipe! The worse procedure was the eyelash transplant. Dr Somyos' team performed the transplant on me, with about 4 of them working on me. The injections were incredibly painful and I actually cried during the procedure!haha I feel stupid and bad for crying but it was so painful I couldnt keep it in.

I am 2 weeks post op and I must say I absolutely adore my new nose. Id like to share my pictures but not just posting them up here. My tip is so defined and 'cute' and the contour of my nose is just so delicate and feminine! Is there a photo album site where I can make an album and a special password for people? I am so happy with what Dr Somyos has done for me, the longer I was at Yoskarn the more friendly and warm Dr Somyos and thier team were to me. The post op care is amazing, and they would often bring me treats and desserts. I am also very happy with my eyes although they are still swollen and its too early for the results of eyelash transplant (can take 6 months).

Dr Somyos is a very busy man. After my eyelid revision they took me to my room for about 15 minutes as he had a couple of consultations to see to....now I realise when I had my consultation what he was doing. Then after that they did my nose. I think he finished at around 9pm. So to those who were also put off by his website, I dont blame him if he does not have any time to look at it, he is always working!!! I saw alot of patients, and a few with bandaged up noses....am still surprised there is still so little information about him on the net, as in my personal opinion he is a very highly skilled surgeon.

wow, theres so much I can say but am just so overwhelmed. Please anyone ask questions because I know how one persons opinion/experience matters so much as I was researching I was desperate for the slightest bit of information. Fire away!!