Singapore Expats

Comestic and Plastic surgery in Taiwan

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
shinangel

Post by shinangel » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 1:10 am

Blissful09 wrote:
shinangel wrote:Heya!

Bought my plane ticket to Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Arrival is scheduled on 31st October 2010 and departure on the 13th November 2010. Just as a reminder: I am going to get a secondary rhino by dr. Hsu, which implies removal of a goretex graft that is really obvious under my thin skin, and deviated on top of that, and correction of a too pinched nose tip. So, if anyone feels like joining me, be my guest!
Furthermore, testimonies on dr. Hsu are more than welcome!
hi shinangel, sorry did u state your old previsous doctor? i think u forgot~ i dont think it was dr hsu who put the gortex in you right? your previous was a korean doctor? anywas good thing u choose that date, the weather will be awsome for you and your healing ^^
I did state my previous doc (Levi Lansangan from the Shimmian Manila Surgicenter), but that was obviously a long time ago, lost somewhere among the many posts.
Yep, that period seems to be the ideal one, according to the Lonely Planet as well. Moreover, it's low season, so the trip will be cheaper too.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Uguguvjvjv

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 4:56 am

missfoxxxy wrote:No!! He didn't give the cast back to me, I think he was just in shock after I swept him up in a hug after he removed it. Hahaha. What should I do then, visit a surgeon in sg to get another?

The bf bumped it hard enough for me to threaten first-degree murder, so you can go figure. Hahahah
LOL you hugged Dr kao!?
Well Dr hsu gives his patients back the cast (its blue!) and tells u to wear it at night time. I found it either makes your nose straight or somehow seems like it slows down your heeling? (but maybe it looks that way cuz your nose gets like super straight when u wear it) but when i take it off my nose seems to heal quicker.

You made it sound like you bump your bf quite badly, i think u should LIGHTLY use your thumb and index finger and LIGHTLY go down your nose down the bridge to feel any bumps if anything it out of place you should take different angle pictures and send to Dr Kao, if u already in Singapore u need to go to a plastic surgeron and tell him your situation. I think everything will be ok tho, if no bumps or nothing out of place cuz continue with your nose care.
Last edited by Blissful09 on Sun, 07 Mar 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want $25 credit for $15 on xquisis clothing and shoes contact me
Save money.

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 5:01 am

shinangel wrote:
Blissful09 wrote:
shinangel wrote:Heya!

Bought my plane ticket to Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Arrival is scheduled on 31st October 2010 and departure on the 13th November 2010. Just as a reminder: I am going to get a secondary rhino by dr. Hsu, which implies removal of a goretex graft that is really obvious under my thin skin, and deviated on top of that, and correction of a too pinched nose tip. So, if anyone feels like joining me, be my guest!
Furthermore, testimonies on dr. Hsu are more than welcome!
hi shinangel, sorry did u state your old previsous doctor? i think u forgot~ i dont think it was dr hsu who put the gortex in you right? your previous was a korean doctor? anywas good thing u choose that date, the weather will be awsome for you and your healing ^^
I did state my previous doc (Levi Lansangan from the Shimmian Manila Surgicenter), but that was obviously a long time ago, lost somewhere among the many posts.
Yep, that period seems to be the ideal one, according to the Lonely Planet as well. Moreover, it's low season, so the trip will be cheaper too.
yup it was along time ago, im glad i asked that question, cuz it sounded like u were having secondary rhino with dr hsu. Im glad your getting revision with Dr Hsu to get your nose fix from another doctor, actually Dr Hsu is really good with noses too pinched, he showed me a few photos when i was doing consultation with him, so he definately has experience with that! ^^ I might get secondary revision with dr hsu (for 2nd time w/ him)
Last edited by Blissful09 on Sun, 07 Mar 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save money.

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Re: Uguguvjvjv

Post by jamie82 » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 2:57 pm

missfoxxxy wrote:No!! He didn't give the cast back to me, I think he was just in shock after I swept him up in a hug after he removed it. Hahaha. What should I do then, visit a surgeon in sg to get another?

The bf bumped it hard enough for me to threaten first-degree murder, so you can go figure. Hahahah
When I read this it made me "lol".

It sounds damn cute can?

Plus I imagine your pain girl, when my bf accidentally bumped into my nose I also jumped up and freaked out at him.

missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

Fgjgjfjf

Post by missfoxxxy » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 3:07 pm

Hahhaha I can only imagine the intense eye-rolling our bfs do behind our backs. But they don't understand how panicky we are and how much we don't want to have to go through revision much lest we end up like michael Jackson. Hor? Hahah.

But srsly ah, I've given up already .. I bump it EVERYDAY -_- it's obviously fated that I live my entire life through with a deformed nose.

The nose has no extraordinary bumps but I feel like it's leaning towards the left :( but I don't know if it's cause of uneven swelling, wayward lighting, or extreme paranoia on my part. Everyone else says it's fine but what do they know, plastic surgery fools. Hahah.

&yeah I had to hug dr kao, I was overwhelmed!! Hahaha I've never been very good at containing my exitement. But I wish I didn't ..after I hugged him he forgot to give me my cast!! :(

Blissful09
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Blissful09 » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 4:48 pm

^ oh ononoo he didnt forget, its just a thing Dr hsu does

every doctor does different things
Last edited by Blissful09 on Sun, 07 Mar 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save money.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 12:33 am

Hey plasticgirl, I totally agree with your comments.

I'm afraid of going to this doctor again, because he may botch up my surgery again to "display his unhappiness" over myself, or who knows as some form of revenge?

But Its financially much more wise though. I would probably go to him just for epi.

Reason why I don't want him to do my eyelid and fat grafting etc, is because of inherent risks and complications. I want to be a surgeon in the future.

If he is careless and hits an ocular blood vessel, then fails to address the issue, it can lead to blindness. Having witnessed live surgery for the first time past few days, I now understand the risks of surgery and intra-operative complications such as vessels bursting ( which, trust me, is not a good sight, though usually quickly resolved unless pt has ESRF or related problems ).

Even the slightest visual defect can affect your chances of being a surgeon

I think since you are a medical student, you should have a bright future ahead. I wouldn't risk it eyelid surgery ( with inherent risks of blindness ) especially if you are doing it with same doctor.

Myself, I am just reversing epi which should carry almost nil risk, except damage to tear duct?

plasticgirl

Kaoshiung Medical Centre, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital

Post by plasticgirl » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 6:36 pm

Hi Boil,

What I meant was that you were initially already NOT satisfied with his work. Why go back?

It's not just damage to the tear ducts. Revising epi can cause MORE scarring than epicanthoplasty. They are basically doing transpositional flaps.

I am no faith in my doctor. Hence I am going to someone else. I am happy to pay more in a great doctor.

By the way, has anyone heard of Chang Gung Memorial Hospital? They are putting me in contact with a doctor who may be able to revise/repair epis...

tommseva7

Post by tommseva7 » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 7:13 pm

boii18 wrote:Hey plasticgirl, I totally agree with your comments.

I'm afraid of going to this doctor again, because he may botch up my surgery again to "display his unhappiness" over myself, or who knows as some form of revenge?

But Its financially much more wise though. I would probably go to him just for epi.

Reason why I don't want him to do my eyelid and fat grafting etc, is because of inherent risks and complications. I want to be a surgeon in the future.

If he is careless and hits an ocular blood vessel, then fails to address the issue, it can lead to blindness. Having witnessed live surgery for the first time past few days, I now understand the risks of surgery and intra-operative complications such as vessels bursting ( which, trust me, is not a good sight, though usually quickly resolved unless pt has ESRF or related problems ).

Even the slightest visual defect can affect your chances of being a surgeon

I think since you are a medical student, you should have a bright future ahead. I wouldn't risk it eyelid surgery ( with inherent risks of blindness ) especially if you are doing it with same doctor.

Myself, I am just reversing epi which should carry almost nil risk, except damage to tear duct?

I don't want him to do my eyelid and fat grafting etc, is because of inherent risks and complications. I want to be a surgeon in the future. Im glad your getting revision with Dr Hsu to get your nose fix from another doctor, actually Dr Hsu is really good with noses too pinched, he showed me a few photos when i was doing consultation with him, so he definately has experience with that!
hi friends, I enjoy reading, walking, outdoor team sports, alternative medicine and listening to music.
stretch mark removal

imaboyonce

Post by imaboyonce » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:23 am

Hi everyone! hope u guys can help me out with this question , is it wiser to do eye and nose job in 1 day or in separate day?

cause my eyes will be done by another surgeon, while nose will be with dr kao.

missfoxxxy
Regular
Regular

Hshdnks

Post by missfoxxxy » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 2:46 am

imaboyonce wrote:Hi everyone! hope u guys can help me out with this question , is it wiser to do eye and nose job in 1 day or in separate day?

hey babe!! :) you should do your eyes first then your nose the next day. Cause your nose will cause your eyes to swell and the eye surgeon's judgement will definitely get thrown off.

Hope this helps &good luck! Kisskiss!!

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular

Post by bbabymilo » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:19 pm

Edited
Last edited by bbabymilo on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

beconfident

Eyelid surgery

Post by beconfident » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 1:23 pm

Hi!!!

I've been looking at Dr. Yang's website and i'm quite curious with its "Permanent Scarless Sewing Method" . As i've read through most of the threads in this topic, it looks like most of you has chosen to undergo your eyelid surgery with Dr. Chuang.

May i know why is that? I've been wanting to do a incision eyelid surgery but it looks like it's gonna take longer time to heal, and i seriously cant wait for so long! . Just like miss ugly, my eyes originally come with double eyelid, but it doesnt look quite satisfactory to me. I always wanted a pair of eyes that look alive and attractive.

I've browsed through Dr.Su's website and yes a friend of mine had her eyes done with her, and many of them have told me that she's really caring and gentle.

My question is that does this "Permanent Scarless Sewing Method" can only be done by Dr.Chuang? How long can it usually last with the sewing method?How long does it take to recover?does anyone know the price?I'm only going for taiwan for a week and i seriously dunno what to do? PLease advice !

imaboyonce

Re: Hshdnks

Post by imaboyonce » Fri, 26 Feb 2010 7:15 pm

missfoxxxy wrote:
imaboyonce wrote:Hi everyone! hope u guys can help me out with this question , is it wiser to do eye and nose job in 1 day or in separate day?

hey babe!! :) you should do your eyes first then your nose the next day. Cause your nose will cause your eyes to swell and the eye surgeon's judgement will definitely get thrown off.

Hope this helps &good luck! Kisskiss!!
this helps a lot ^^ thanks missfoxxxy :)

@babymilo - i will going taiwan very soon, 9th of march, when u plan to go ?

bbabymilo
Regular
Regular

Re: Hshdnks

Post by bbabymilo » Sat, 27 Feb 2010 1:33 am

Edited
Last edited by bbabymilo on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.